3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Father-Son Bunny hunt.... We're back-pics page 3  (Read 2333 times)

Offline c ott

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Father-Son Bunny hunt.... We're back-pics page 3
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2007, 09:16:00 AM »
Curtis, that is the best idea I've heard in a while. Those dates would be a little short notice for me, but would commit firmly to next years event. I have 3 boys ages 5,4 and 2. Next month those ages will be 6,4 and 3, and I think the oldest one and maybe the middle one will be ready. Have you thought about price structure for additional kids or will you restrict it to
one adult/one kid? Thanks!

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2007, 09:22:00 AM »
Fantastic! I want to host an annual Texas Sweat for kids. I want it to be the largest event ever of it's kind and I want to do it all to get these kids away from the damn computer games and TV and into the world we live for. I've also thought about additional pricing. It is gonna be a very minor fee for youngsters. I have to make a living but I'm simply doing this event because I want to and not as a money maker. If you can't attend this year maybe we can set some dates for next year that will work for everyone. You guys give me some ideas. I don't have kids so I have no clue as to when summer break is. Please speak up so I can get some informed ideas. Thanks! CK

Offline knife river

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2007, 07:07:00 PM »
Curtis, my 8 year old and I are eager for something like this, but those dates probably won't work for us.  Anything later would be great, though!
TGMM Family of the Bow

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Goatpacker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2007, 07:31:00 PM »
This is a great idea but is on to short of a notice for this year. I have 2 boys, 12 and 9 years that would love this. I myself have been wanting to do one of your hunts. If I play the card that it is for the boys a "Kitchen Pass" would be a lot easier to get. I hope the offer will be there for next year. School is about to start and football will start in about 1 week.

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2007, 08:30:00 PM »
I should know in the next few days if we can go, if we did go, it would have to be over a weekend
ARTAC member
53@29 sheepeater shaman recurve
52@29 66 bear grizzly
51@29 dryad orion td longbow

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2007, 09:15:00 PM »
TTT
ARTAC member
52@29 66 bear grizzly

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2007, 07:26:00 AM »
Woody, I was thinking about you this morning. I was wondering if you'd made the trip safely and if you were ready for a break yet. I'm only about an hours drive to the east southeast of you now. No need to wait till next year to take the boy hunting. I've been wanting to do some night time frog shooting. Think you guys are game for that? Call me 361-648-6059. I'm on a dozer during the day and may not hear the phone. I'll return the call.

Thanks to the rest of you for your input. I'd also like to hear ideas for this event if we do it next year. Dates, etc.? I do have a big swimming pool at one of the ranch houses. That should be great for the kids during the day. I suppose we can do some campfire cooking too for the youngsters. Story time around the fire should be great too. I guess Charlie will need to attend.  :D   OK, lets hear your ideas! CK

Offline joel smith

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2007, 09:00:00 AM »
do grandkids count ?
"...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way..."
Jimmy Buffet from HE WENT TO PARIS

Offline MW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2007, 06:39:00 PM »
Where there ever dates set for this CK?
<---TGMM Family of the bow---<<<<

Offline Sunnybear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2007, 02:11:00 AM »
Hey CK you bet`cha Charlie will be attending, and in tow he will have"The Hunter Gurl" Sammi with him. She has been in training for awhile now. She will LOVE this!! But like most wont be ready til next yr. What an awesome Idea!!
Charlies Sunnybear

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2007, 08:16:00 AM »
I've suggested some dates but they don't seem to be good dates for everyone. Like I said, "choose some dates" and I'll see what I can make work. I need to go to the ranch to get some work done. I need to go reguardless. Pick some dates and we'll go get em!

Ms Bear, Be glad to have the kido help! CK

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2007, 07:55:00 AM »
Well, This hunt is starting out slow just like the first T-Sweat. We've got a couple of hunters though and we've moved the dates to Aug 2-5. Looks like we'll be hunting the coolest spot in the nation right now. We actually had a high of 78 degrees yesterday. Nice to have a role reversal with you northern boys this time of year. If anyone wants to make last minute plans to attend just drop me an email or post here. CK

Offline MW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2007, 09:13:00 AM »
Looks like me and my son sky will be making the hunt.  After a timely business trip fell into place and a lot of quick talking with a very wonderful understanding wife things worked out.

Thank you CK for making the trip possible since talking to you I have been out of town on business and my wife said I should wait to tell Sky till I got home.  She did not want to deal with a kid flying off the walls for two days.

I am going to tell him this morning when he wakes up.  I can not wait to see the look in his eyes.  I am sure all you fathers know the one that I am talking about.

Then the hunt begins.  My wife made some dinner plans for her and I tonight because she knows we will be organizing and packing then unpacking and reorganizing then shooting.......... all weekened and she wanted to "see" me with out a bow in my hands.

I will try to get some pics as Sky has yet to make his first kill.
<---TGMM Family of the bow---<<<<

Offline Gary Kellar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2007, 06:11:00 PM »
ACTION UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!

Just talked to CK by phone and they are having an absolute shootout on this place near Odessa, TX.

Curtis's grandson Jake has taken his very first bowhunting trophy within the first hour of being on the ranch. He opened with a giant west Texas Jackrabbit that Curtis said was half as big as Jake. He's also hit several others but these guys are so big they just take the hit, roll around a little, get up and look back at you then amble on off like nothing happened.

Mitch Walker (MW on this thread) from Utah arrived this morning with his seven-year old son named Sky. Before they even got to the camphouse Sky had already taken numerous shots and had knocked one down, but not out. Bet that got things stirring for Mitch!

Both the young hunters are eager to hunt all day and night and I'm sure will return home with enough stories to last a lifetime. Wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall at the dinner table tonight!!

If indeed this materializes into an annual event as Curtis has planned, then Mitch, Sky and Jake will become the seasoned veterans that will be "Telling the Tales". I guess we'll have to start a "Little Brothers of the Bow" event.

Congratulations to the proud father and grandfather. You'll long remember the days.

POP
If at first you don't succeed, do it like your wife told you to, to begin with.

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2007, 08:06:00 PM »
:bigsmyl:    :notworthy:  Way to go Fellas...
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2007, 09:00:00 PM »
Awesome update "Pop" Kellar.......hope to do this hunt with Cade in a few years....Thanx
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2007, 02:23:00 PM »
Yeah, give my kids a few more years too.

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2007, 04:59:00 PM »
my dad and I are making plans to come to this and the sweat next year, this year was just too short notice
ARTAC member
52@29 66 bear grizzly

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2007, 06:18:00 PM »
This sounds like a great hunt. I'm hoping that in the future my son and I can make one of these hunts. I wonder what the laws are regarding hunter safety for the young hunters.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2007, 09:05:00 PM »
What are the EATIN  :goldtooth:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©