3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2 pc ACS CX - Feedback!!!  (Read 315 times)

Offline ALDO

• Trad Bowhunter
2 pc ACS CX - Feedback!!!
« on: December 09, 2011, 03:13:00 PM »
OK, I have been looking closely at this bow.  I know they are new but a few of you must have one already.  Any feedback would be appreciated.  I know speed is not everything but with only a 26" draw and shooting bows at about 50# I am looking for all the performance I can get.  Give me your thoughts.
Thanks
ALDO
"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted."
     Jose Ortega y Gasset

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
Re: 2 pc ACS CX - Feedback!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 05:49:00 PM »
Oops!  I didn't see your reference to two piece.  No experience with that one.   :dunno:

Offline fz4vgq

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »
Aldo, I don't own one but I am just about the same specs as you .... I draw 25.5" & like around 50 pounds myself. I'm heading to the K-Zoo expo at the end of january and i'm hoping the A&H guys bring a 56'" 1 piece or 2 piece with their new carbon fiber takedown system. From everything I have read, guys like us with short draw lengths make up some speed and power with the ACS limb design.

I just bought a set of the Dryad/ACS ILF Legend limbs from Dryad on black friday but haven't been able to shoot them yet as I am awaiting a string.

Offline ALDO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 08:16:00 PM »
Chad, Good luck with the new bow and with the trip to Kzoo.  Let me know how it goes.  
Thanks
"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted."
     Jose Ortega y Gasset

Offline Onions

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 10:27:00 PM »
I shot a early prototype bow from ACS (I live apx. 1 mile from their shop). If I remmeber correctly it was 64" (might have been 62"), high 40lb range. Larry set it up with a 750gr. arrow. The bow shot very nice, and shot the heavy arrow with authority!

chris <><

Offline limbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 10:41:00 PM »
I am on their web site right now filling out an order form for this new 2 piece, looks awesome!!! I think I will drive over and pay them a visit and see if I can get a hold of one to help decide what length.
Kevin Osworth
->>>--TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline ALDO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 04:35:00 AM »
Kevin,
Good luck with the trip over, nice to be that close.  If you don't mind give me your impressions after the visit.
Thanks
ALDO
     Jose Ortega y Gasset

Offline ALDO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 07:32:00 PM »
Nobody has any first hand experience with these yet?
     Jose Ortega y Gasset

Offline TDHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 12:19:00 PM »
Someone has to have one by now

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 12:30:00 PM »
I dont have any experience with the 2 piece but do with the performance of the ACS CX and you will be impressed with that.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline TDHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 11:45:00 PM »
Anybody??

Offline fz4vgq

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 12:19:00 PM »
Aldo,

Talked with Larry at the K-Zoo expo and he told me they had only produced a handful of the 2 pieces so far and that they were on 60"+ bows. So I don't think there are many of them out there yet. He didn't have any 2 pieces at the show but from what I understand it is the same basic design as Black Widow, Big Jim, Cari-Bow and others use.

I went to the show with the intention of trying and possibly buying a 56". All Larry had were two 1piece bows both of which were 60". I liked the 60" bows so much I ordered one when I got home with the woods I liked and my draw weight. I didn't end up going with the 2 piece option though.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©