3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: grizz arrow question  (Read 180 times)

Offline trick00

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
grizz arrow question
« on: December 09, 2011, 04:25:00 PM »
My sis in law just called and wants to get my brother a recurve for Christmas and I recommended a 55# grizzly. unfortunately we live 20 hrs apart and I cant help him get it tuned and he knows nothing about it. Lets hear some arrow recomendations from all you grizzly shooters. I will probably suggest carbons so he can vary point weights easily. He will probably be real close to a 28 1/2" draw. I figure something like a GT5575 trad arrow about 30" with around 200 up front will be close.  Also I think the new grizzly is cut to center?  Thanks

Offline TRADARROW71

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: grizz arrow question
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 06:17:00 PM »
To give you a perspective, I use a recurve, 55# @ 28".  I use Carbon Express Heritage 250 arrows cut to 29".  I use a 50gr. insert, a 125gr. point, and  i add a carbon collar.  All together its about 585gr.....A lil 550 cord inside adds up to about 600gr.  

I have used CX and Griz sticks, and I've never had any problems.  Nor have I ever heard of anyone complaining about them.  I tried some GT 55/75 set up the same way, and when the insert would not come out, I had problems with the nocks.  After a couple of hits into things I didn't intend on hitting, the back of the arrow would splinter.  I'd go with the griz sticks.  Expensive, but I think they'll last longer!!?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©