3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Predator Recurve  (Read 825 times)

Offline hybridbow hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Predator Recurve
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2011, 11:10:00 AM »
here is mine

La critique est aisée mais l'art est difficile.

Offline Scoobiedooo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2011, 06:21:00 AM »
Originally posted by hybridbow hunter:
here is mine

Hybrid - that was the riser color that I was really seeking originally....

FINALLY will have the time today to shoot MY new bow and see how she shoots for me! I'll post the results after I shoot it today on here for all to see!
Be nice to a nurse - you never know if or when your life or those you love life/lives may depend on us!

"Bless are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy." (5:7)

Offline KHALVERSON

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2011, 06:36:00 AM »
scoobie
what shaft are ya gonna shoot?
in my experience predators like em a touch stiff
you will be very pleased with the performance
 kevin

Offline Scoobiedooo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2011, 06:41:00 AM »
I have 2018's made! I think at 45# at my 28/29 inch draw that should be good....I think!
Be nice to a nurse - you never know if or when your life or those you love life/lives may depend on us!

Offline KHALVERSON

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2011, 06:44:00 AM »
sounds like a good choice
i draw 30 in and mine likes a 31 in 400 spine shaft with 225 grns up front
dont be afraid to play with point weight to find
what she likes best
kevin

Offline Scoobiedooo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2011, 06:46:00 AM »
Kevin,
what's the 400 spine come out to be in the 'old' shaft spines/sizes? I have not shot in the last couple of years and I'm not up on these new '400' and '500' shaft spines they are referring to these days!

??

Offline KHALVERSON

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2011, 06:57:00 AM »
2018-2020-2117 are 400 spine arrows
the 2018 is around a 450 sipne with the 2117
being very close to 400 on the dot
id say youll be very close
but depends on what length you shaft is cut too
and point weight

Offline Scoobiedooo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2011, 07:02:00 AM »
Right now I the ones that I have are 30.5" in length with 125 gr field points but I think my Snuffers with the Screw In inserts are prob more like 145 grains?

Offline Scoobiedooo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2011, 11:29:00 AM »
OK! Just shot my NEW Predator recurve today! WOW is all I can say! Perfect arrow flight with my XX75 2018's at 30-1/2 inches with 5 in LW feathers, fingers, etc.

She shoots hard, fast and smooth with no recoil and feels great in the hand as well!

She's definitely a KEEPER! YAY!

Offline KHALVERSON

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2011, 11:47:00 AM »
great news

Offline Scoobiedooo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2011, 11:51:00 AM »
Thanks!

Yup - she sure IS a beautiful bow!

Thanks all for the info, feedback, advice, etc. on my posting!

Offline Scoobiedooo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2011, 11:57:00 AM »
Now to shoot some bare shafts and see how they shoot in-relation to my fletched shafts!

Thus far - it seems that a nocking point 1/2" above 0 worked well (I shoot split fingers!).

We'll see next what the bare shaft tests show for spine, nock height, etc.

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2011, 07:50:00 PM »
not sure how the hunters niche ones shoot but I have an original Darton Pittsley Predator 2  and this is one bow I will never sell,,this bow has remained on the rack while 4 black widows, 2 shafers, 2 morrisons, 1 bob lee have all come and gone... if you don't have the video and need some eye candy while your waiting get "how to shoot instinctively #1" Dan Bertalan shoots one in the vid,,,, also there may be an archive somewhere with the animals Connie Renfro took with one..

have to admit mines is starting to look pretty beat up with the finish coming off but man-o-man is that bow so easy to shoot,, and its AS fast as any widow and draws AS smooth as my carbon Palmers.  

Also,, I stood next to Ron Pittsley at the practice area in Denton Hill and watched him put 6 arrows in a strutting turkeys head (facing him) that was 45yds away "up the Hill" about 10yrs ago,, it was so quiet and shot so flat I went and bought one right there from him..
"Us vs Them"

Offline Scoobiedooo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2011, 07:58:00 PM »
Wow! That guy can shoot! Yeah mine is def fast all right! I will see if I can find that video! Thanks!

Offline Scoobiedooo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2011, 08:03:00 PM »
PS  Is that the name of the video? 'How to shoot instinctively' by Dan Bertalan?

PSS I can't seem to find it anywhere!

Offline Bullfrog 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2011, 09:02:00 AM »
Wonder if they changed the grip on them. I tried one years ago and liked it but the way the grip was my hand would slid up and push the arrow off the shelf.    BILL

Offline Scoobiedooo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2011, 09:14:00 AM »
Gee I haven't had any issues such as that with mine thus far....grip seems quite nice honestly.

Offline NBK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2011, 09:48:00 AM »
Bullfrog.  I had the same issue.  I picked one up a couple of years ago and loved everything about the bow, but my hand would slide up into the throat and I felt like I was fighting it.  I would definitely check them out again though based upon cast and smoothness, and just tweak the grip.
Mike

"I belong anywhere but in between"

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2011, 11:37:00 AM »
I spent some time with Ron on the phone this morning to address a limb issue I had on a USED bow.  

You know that a company is serious about excellent customer service, when they agree to work with you on a product that shouldn't even be covered under their warranty.  Great products & a great bowyer that stands behind his products!!!

Also, Ron reported some EXCITING NEWS on what they are working on at Predator bows; that I would like to share:

First of all, they are introducing a New One Piece 60" longbow; called the LOBO (spanish for Wolf).  Ron advised that it is plenty fast, very easy to switch back and forth between their recurves with ease, and within 5-8 FPS on their recurve.  

Secondly, they are starting to build their own propritary version in-house of FUTURE WOOD risers.  NOW be offered as a standard offerings ($579 Hunter Model or $729 as a Classic Model).  Colors include either Charcoal or Fall Brown.  As you know this material is almost bomb-proof and adds some nice mass weight to the riser.

Lastly, Ron has been working on a new T-6061 Aluminum riser!  It will initially be  offered in a textured black color for $429.  It is designed with a little more reflex than the wood riser.  The stadard limbs made from 1996 will fit seamlessly to this riser, but will gain about 3-4 lbs.

Sounds like Ron and Mike have been working hard and for those of you that are planning to go to Kalamazoo, all of these offerings should be available.
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline Scoobiedooo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2011, 11:46:00 AM »
I have one if those new risers now...gray wood impregnated...

Per Hunter's Nitche today concerning the new gray finish model:

"The new DX is made from solid futurewood that is an acrylic resign impregnated hardwood that is superior in stength, weight and resistance to the elements.  The pigment goes completely thru the bow unlike a stain."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©