3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Predator Recurve  (Read 824 times)

Offline Scoobiedooo

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Predator Recurve
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2011, 10:22:00 PM »
Wow Buckster! I bet the new aluminum rise model will be just as nice as the wood risers are! I know my new gray DX model shoots like a dream!

Love this new bow!
Be nice to a nurse - you never know if or when your life or those you love life/lives may depend on us!

"Bless are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy." (5:7)

Offline Mike Mecredy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2011, 10:34:00 PM »
Amazing recurves.  I shot one a few years ago and I didn't want to give it back.  Peerless in preformance
TGMM Family of the bow
USAF, Retired
A.C.B.C.S.

Offline Scoobiedooo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2011, 01:43:00 AM »
Originally posted by Mike Mecredy:
Amazing recurves.  I shot one a few years ago and I didn't want to give it back.  Peerless in preformance
Indeed it IS!
Be nice to a nurse - you never know if or when your life or those you love life/lives may depend on us!

Offline bayhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2011, 11:10:00 AM »
Originally posted by buckster:
I spent some time with Ron on the phone this morning to address a limb issue I had on a USED bow.  

You know that a company is serious about excellent customer service, when they agree to work with you on a product that shouldn't even be covered under their warranty.  Great products & a great bowyer that stands behind his products!!!

Also, Ron reported some EXCITING NEWS on what they are working on at Predator bows; that I would like to share:

First of all, they are introducing a New One Piece 60" longbow; called the LOBO (spanish for Wolf).  Ron advised that it is plenty fast, very easy to switch back and forth between their recurves with ease, and within 5-8 FPS on their recurve.  

Secondly, they are starting to build their own propritary version in-house of FUTURE WOOD risers.  NOW be offered as a standard offerings ($579 Hunter Model or $729 as a Classic Model).  Colors include either Charcoal or Fall Brown.  As you know this material is almost bomb-proof and adds some nice mass weight to the riser.

Lastly, Ron has been working on a new T-6061 Aluminum riser!  It will initially be  offered in a textured black color for $429.  It is designed with a little more reflex than the wood riser.  The stadard limbs made from 1996 will fit seamlessly to this riser, but will gain about 3-4 lbs.

Sounds like Ron and Mike have been working hard and for those of you that are planning to go to Kalamazoo, all of these offerings should be available.
any pics of the aluminum riser, fall brown or new longbow?

Offline Scoobiedooo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2011, 11:26:00 AM »
I know...I would love to get a sneak peek of this new aluminum riser model!!!! I am curious if this will be a machined or a cast version and if it will gave the same shape and style of the Hunter and Classic recurves??????
Thus far - no updated pics on their web site reflecting such....

Offline Scoobiedooo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2011, 09:48:00 AM »
Question - this is my first expensive bow that I have ever owned. Should I be thinking about some kind of bowling ally wax or something on it to protect the wood finish, etc toward rain, snow, etc.

??

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2011, 10:34:00 AM »
I would really love to see Ron come up with a one piece recurve that's exactly like their take-down but only it's a one piece. Now that would be awesome!
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2011, 11:09:00 AM »
Here's the one I used to have:

Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
3 Fingers Under

Offline Smithhammer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2011, 11:10:00 AM »
Gorgeous. I think I "need" a take-down.

Offline Scoobiedooo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2011, 11:51:00 AM »
That's beautiful!

May I ask why you got rid of it?

???

Offline Scoobiedooo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2011, 11:52:00 AM »
Originally posted by ishoot4thrills:
I would really love to see Ron come up with a one piece recurve that's exactly like their take-down but only it's a one piece. Now that would be awesome!
I agree. I REALLY didn't care if my bow was/is a take down  in the least bit and had nothing to do with why I chose that particular bow. For me, it was all about style, looks an reputation....and I liked the small throat grip on it as well...

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2011, 01:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by Scoobiedooo:
That's beautiful!

May I ask why you got rid of it?

???
For some reason, I have come to love the one piece, light in the hand, shorter bows now. Can't afford to buy what I want to have so I trade what I have for what I want. And, I had wanted to try a Kanati for awhile, so when the opportunity presented itself early this year at a 3D shoot, I went for it. I got some boot with the trade and I have no regrets, except I would prefer to have been able to have both bows, but I'm still a very happy camper anyway.
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
3 Fingers Under

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2012, 07:20:00 PM »
Michael,

Ron Pittsley called me today and he is replacing my limbs at NO COST!!!!  Not surprising, but surely not expected either.  These guys WALK THE TALK, when it comes to total customer service.

I am going to pair my limbs with one of the new Metal risers or another phenolic riser, will make my mine up in a week or two.  Anyway, Ron really made my day and I just wanted to share "the rest of the story".

I also suggested that he join our sponsors here at TG and he advised that he planned to look into this future for 2012 after his show schedule slowed down.
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©