3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Sponsor and introducing LIMBSATIONS  (Read 644 times)

Offline Onestringer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
New Sponsor and introducing LIMBSATIONS
« on: July 17, 2007, 01:39:00 AM »
Hey, well I took the plunge and became a real sponser here on Tradgang.  I should say Mindy and I.  Our website is  www.onestringer.com.   Check it out I think you will find some very cool wraps.  I also want to take this time to introduce Limbsations and thank Golden Hawk for helping come up with a name.  Take a look at the pics and let me know what you think.

Limbsations are $23 shipped.  They are 2" wide by 36" long.  It took a while of me testing these before I was ready to release them.  All are coated with a flexible clear coat.  This dulls the finish and protects the limbsation.

I used a Hooter Shooter and fired my bow with and without limbsations.  My 45lb recurve, shooting a 480 grain arrow at 28" draw shot 168 fps with the limsations.  I took them off and repeated the process and the chrono duplicated.  So with those results the limbsations should not effect arrow speed.

We are also now licensed to use Predator Camo on our wraps and limbsations.  Currently we are in discussions with the other popular camo companies but nothing is final.

There are several folks I would like to think.  Especially the folks at Black Widow, they have been great.  Letting me borrow limbs, use their Hooter Shooer, Chrono, borrow snake skins etc.  

If you have an idea for a wrap or limbsation let me know.  Onestringer is where you get what you wan at a great price.  Also same as always, I will guarantee everyting.  If you don't like it or it does not meet your expecations I will get it to your expectations or give you your money back.  

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k71/onestringer/Snake%20Skins/Limbsations1.jpg
Sights, SIGHTS, we don't need no stinkin sights!!!!!

If Geronimo shot a Black Widow, you would be speaking Apache.

TGMM Family of the Bow

http://www.onestringer.com

Offline dachba

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Sponsor and introducing LIMBSATIONS
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 02:35:00 AM »
Very, Very nice.  Can you remove them then put them back on?  I know you say they are coated, but I'll ask anyway.  Will they be affected by rain or heat?
Thanks
Dave in Ft. Collins, CO
Dave from North Bend, Oregon

Offline V-Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 03:49:00 AM »
Hi Scott,

Nice stuff you have there. How much would it cost to ship these wraps to the Netherlands? I have sometimes guys who want their bow limbs pimped-up.

Thanks,

V-Archer
"If you have the will to win you have achieved half your success; if you don't, you have achieved half your failure"

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 05:15:00 AM »
:thumbsup:    :D
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline Deadeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 05:38:00 AM »
let us know when you start selling the wild ones. I would like to put some on my FITA bows.

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 07:16:00 AM »
Those look great. I may have to get a set of snakeskins. PM sent.<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 07:58:00 AM »
Originally posted by V-Archer:
Hi Scott,

Nice stuff you have there. How much would it cost to ship these wraps to the Netherlands? I have sometimes guys who want their bow limbs pimped-up.

Thanks,

V-Archer
Do I see a new show for reality TV?

"PIMP MY BOW"    :biglaugh:
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 09:48:00 AM »
Very nice, you've been busy!   :thumbsup:
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 10:25:00 AM »
Hey Tradgangers,
I have to tell you that Scott and Mindy are great to deal with and make a fantastic product.  If you have an idea, they can probably make it happen.  I will be posting some pics later today of some of the custom wraps and "limbsations" that they have done for me...anyone else have a bow with pink giraffe skins????????
When I asked Scott and Mindy how they could sell custom wraps for way less than the other guys sell their standard stuff, Mindy simply answered,
"We sell our stuff for what we would want to pay for it."  That sums it up.  Great product, great people.  Get in your orders and keep 'em busy!!!

Offline manyletters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 10:34:00 AM »
Congratulations Scott and Mindy...great products and great products just like the Doc said...need I say more??

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 10:37:00 AM »
Sweet, if they work as well as your wraps, you have a great product. very cool patterns as well!  Shawn
Shawn

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 10:44:00 AM »
How long have yall been in the Biz??? cool pics
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2007, 02:57:00 PM »
ttt

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 03:09:00 PM »
Nice looking stuff.How shiney are the skins and will they hold up without wrinkling on the belly of a bow? I need some of the predator skins if they are flat and not semi-gloss.
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Offline BMOELLER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2007, 03:10:00 PM »
I wonder how different grain woods would look? Like if I wanted to change from my bacote limbs to say curly maple?  Sounds cheesey huh?
2009 Kansas State ASA Traditional Champion

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2007, 03:18:00 PM »
James,
Scott uses an automotive finish over the top of all of his wraps to cut down the glare.  They are pretty dull, but do have a little shine.  I would say that they have less of a glare than my bow limbs had prior to placing the wraps.  I have mine on the outside of the limbs, but have wrapped some limbs both front and back with the old fashioned vinyl tape and never noticed any problems.

Offline Onestringer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2007, 06:01:00 PM »
Hey,

I will try to answer all the questions here.  

Domestic shipping is included in the price.  

Canada add $2
Worldwide add $5

That covers the shipping.  

As far as taking them on and off I have not been able to do it, but I have not tried, I would say no to that.  

Are they effected by rain and heat.  Rain no, the are waterproof, heat not so far.  My real job is in sales and I travel with my bow to shoot at the hotel and ranges across MO, IL, and AR.  Heat in the car has not been a problem.

Pimp By Bow - not a bad idea.

How long have we been in the biz.  Well since late last summer.  Probably august sometime.  It started by accident and Mindy thought I was crazy.  But she has been the one that has really seen it through.  We bought the printer in December, it took her two weeks to convince me. We are not in the sign business, we just make wraps and such for the archery industry.

Putting limbsations on the belly of the bow, I have not tried that.  I guess I could just to see how they hold up.  But it should not be a problem.

Shine to limbsations, I have yew limbs and with the coating I put on the limbsations the glare is no more than my yew limbs.

Different wood grains, Mindy has already thought of that.  I am working on that.  I just need some good pictures.  I am sure I know a place where I could get some pics of different woods.

I think I answered it all.  One of these days I will tell the story of how this all happened, it is kind of funny and I never in a million years thought we would be doing this.  But it sure is fun.

Oh, by the way.  Just licensed Mossy Oak today.  So in addition to Predator camo we will be offering Mossy Oak as well as our own.  But frankly ours is not as cool as Predator or Mossy Oak.

Scott

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Onestringer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2007, 06:05:00 PM »
I forgot, dead eye wild ones are available.

Also I forgot I want to thank doctorbrady, he has been a big help.

Also ManyLetters, you don't know it but you played a huge part also.  

Scott

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Long Bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2007, 06:51:00 PM »
Scott,

Nice stuff! I just checked out the website and am very impressed. May you have luck and fortune in your new venture.

P.S. Your prices are awesome!  :thumbsup:
Derek W.

"I never thought missing could be so much fun!"       -Me

Offline Tom A

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2007, 11:58:00 AM »
These look really nice but would it take 2 sets to do the front and back of a set of ILF limbs?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©