3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: (PIC'S)"NAME CHOSEN"Legends Bows new Longbow Needs a Name,"Please Help"  (Read 1582 times)

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter

Here are some pic's of the prototype longbow.Its made of gray actionwood riser and bamboo limbs with black glass.Working on some longbows now one that will be for the pass around.The prototype pictured was built 44#@28" 64" r/d.This longbow can be made of the same riser wood combination as the Legends recurves.Black or clear glass over bamboo limbs.It tested through the chronograph at 179fps with a 510 grn.arrow, at my draw length the bow was 47#.Im very pleased with the overall feel of this longbow.Took it out in the delta with two friends beaver and coon hunting.The pictures speaks for its self.This longbow needs a name.The winner of the name we choose will be the first recipient of the pass around longbow.(Sorry but i must limit this pass around to Tradgangers who have 100 post or more.)So lets start posting some names.Thanks to all for your help.Mike

Offline Bel007

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: (PIC'S)"NAME CHOSEN"Legends Bows new Longbow Needs a Name,"Please Help"
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 10:51:00 PM »
Nice looking bow.  Always liked the name Valkyrie.
Brian - aka "Big Sexy"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters - Lifetime Member

Offline stick hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 10:55:00 PM »
"Legend Lonewolf"

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 10:57:00 PM »
Timberwolf

Tiberghost.

Timber
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline sheephunter

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 11:24:00 PM »
How about the "Badger"? Grey, black and tough as nails (at least that's what I get from looking at the pics). And no critters I know of want to cross paths with one. Just my thought!
Charley
Black Canyon 64" 3PC LB 58@28
Bob Lee 60" 3PC RC 52@28
Great Plains 64" 1PC LB 57@28
Black Canyon 64" 3PC LB 53@28
"Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow" Fred Bear

Offline Razorbak

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 11:28:00 PM »
Legend OMEGA
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 11:29:00 PM »
Love that riser design, and the nice lines when strung!

How bout the...

"Durango"

"Hurricane"

"Jungle"

"Pride"
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 11:45:00 PM »
Legend "Lobo"
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline moose eye levi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 12:09:00 AM »
"The squirrel"

"The Opossum"
>>-->Levi Arnold<--<<

Offline don_h

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 12:21:00 AM »
Armadillo, at least that's the first thing I thought of after seeing the pic. Badger works well though too.

Offline Piratkey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 12:34:00 AM »
Congrats to the bowsmaker,it's a very nice bow.

Online Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 12:39:00 AM »
"The Delta"

"The Coyote"

"The Express"

"The Wildcat"

"The Cougar"

"Knight"

"Scalpel"

"Dagger"

"Blade"

"Companion"

"Legion"

"Leader"

"Lookout"

"Sentinel"

"Scout"

"The Precision"

"Tracker"

"Faithful"

"The Reaper"

"Ranger"

"Hunter"

"Lighting"

It is a great looking bow!!!
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline Car54

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 01:06:00 AM »
"The Ghost"
"Stealth"

Offline GrayRhino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 01:34:00 AM »
I can't participate in the pass around even though I'd like to!

How about 'Shikari'.  (shick-are-ee)  It comes from an old Persian word meaning 'hunter'.

Nice looking bow too!
God  now commandeth all men everywhere to repent.  Acts 17:30

"All bowhunting trips are good,  some are just real good!"  Bill Baker

"We're all trophy hunters...until something else comes along."  Glenn St. Charles

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, 04:59:00 AM »
The Longhunter
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 05:49:00 AM »
Adahy...means lives in the woods
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 06:12:00 AM »
Dark Timber.

If you want to have fun with it, it looks a little like Darth Vaders helmet. Could call it "The Dark Side".   :)

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 07:55:00 AM »
Buck Stopper
John

Offline Kenkel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2011, 08:28:00 AM »
How about Kestrel or Sparrow Hawk.  Looks fast!

Yep, Legend "Sparrow Hawk"

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2011, 09:37:00 AM »
***Ten Bears***

To commemorate the facts, traditions, legends and history brought about by our Native American brothers.

At the October 1867 Medicine Lodge Treaty Conference, Ten Bears gave this eloquent address:

“””””My heart is filled with joy when I see you here, as the brooks fill with water when the snow melts in the spring; and I feel glad, as the ponies do when the fresh grass starts in the beginning of the year. I heard of your coming when I was many sleeps away, and I made but a few camps when I met you. I know that you had come to do good to me and my people. I looked for benefits which would last forever, and so my face shines with joy as I look upon you. My people have never first drawn a bow or fired a gun against the whites. There has been trouble on the line between us and my young men have danced the war dance. But it was not begun by us. It was you to send the first soldier and we who sent out the second. Two years ago I came upon this road, following the buffalo, that my wives and children might have their cheeks plump and their bodies warm. But the soldiers fired on us, and since that time there has been a noise like that of a thunderstorm and we have not known which way to go. So it was upon the Canadian. Nor have we been made to cry alone. The blue dressed soldiers and the Utes came from out of the night when it was dark and still, and for camp fires they lit our lodges. Instead of hunting game they killed my braves, and the warriors of the tribe cut short their hair for the dead. So it was in Texas. They made sorrow come in our camps, and we went out like the buffalo bulls when the cows are attacked. When we found them, we killed them, and their scalps hang in our lodges. The Comanches are not weak and blind, like the pups of a dog when seven sleeps old. They are strong and farsighted, like grown horses. We took their road and we went on it. The white women cried and our women laughed.

But there are things which you have said which I do not like. They were not sweet like sugar but bitter like gourds. You said that you wanted to put us upon reservation, to build our houses and make us medicine lodges. I do not want them. I was born on the prairie where the wind blew free and there was nothing to break the light of the sun. I was born where there were no inclosures [sic] and where everything drew a free breath. I want to die there and not within walls. I know every stream and every wood between the Rio Grande and the Arkansas. I have hunted and lived over the country. I lived like my fathers before me, and like them, I lived happily.

When I was at Washington the Great Father told me that all the Comanche land was ours and that no one should hinder us in living upon it. So, why do you ask us to leave the rivers and the sun and the wind and live in houses? Do not ask us to give up the buffalo for the sheep. The young men have heard talk of this, and it has made them sad and angry. Do not speak of it more. I love to carry out the talk I got from the Great Father. When I get goods and presents I and my people feel glad, since it shows that he holds us in his eye.

If the Texans had kept out of my country there might have been peace. But that which you now say we must live on is too small. The Texans have taken away the places where the grass grew the thickest and the timber was the best. Had we kept that we might have done the things you ask. But it is too late. The white man has the country which we loved, and we only wish to wander on the prairie until we die. Any good thing you say to me shall not be forgotten. I shall carry it as near to my heart as my children, and it shall be as often on my tongue as the name of the Great Father. I want no blood upon my land to stain the grass. I want it all clear and pure and I wish it so that all who go through among my people may find peace when they come in and leave it when they go out.”””””

All the treasures have been plundered and merely a crumb from the table remains. There will be no just recompense, however the preservation of the Native American people deserves continued underscored respect, honor and dignity.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©