3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: SCAMED BY COMPOUND CONVERT!  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: SCAMED BY COMPOUND CONVERT!
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2011, 06:06:00 AM »
Being a retired Detective I will give you my , for what its worth.  Contact the PD that arrested him if you want but I think justice would be better served if you called the Prosecutor that is handling his case. With a pocket full of complaints of other fraud cases the prosecutor could threaten  additional charges if this guy doesn't plead out.  Chances of additional charges are slim.  As funny as it sounds they won't over charge someone for this. I have been in on many back room talks with prosecutors about these types of things and believe me this will work against the suspect.

Offline Zbearclaw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2011, 06:10:00 AM »
Wow.  This piece of work has done a lot of folks bad on here.  Though, from what I've read in this thread the worst thing he did was pretend to be a Marine.  As a recovering squid I find that deplorable and I think he should be left alone in the cell with a Gunny for about 5 minutes.  It's Texas right.  They appreciate justice...

There isn't a thing in the world a salty Gunny and his boot couldn't rehabilitate this piece of work of!
Give me a bow a topo and two weeks, and I guarantee I kill two weeks!

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2011, 06:22:00 AM »
I agree with Jon. Being arrested in Irving, any charges would be filed in Dallas County. The District Clerk will have a public record of the charges and by now they would have been assigned to a court or will be going to the Grand Jury for indictment. Contact the DA with any additional complaints and stack 'em up on him.

Danny
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2011, 06:26:00 AM »
Originally posted by Raging Water:
Email me at  [email protected] or call me at 512-567-3329

If you are up for a road trip.

Please, understand.... you dont have to go. But, I am going!

For those of you that know me (and my hobby) He better cough it all up. Or it will be ugly.

Matt
I know your hobby, same as mine   ;)
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2011, 06:36:00 AM »
Wife and I had lunch with Matt two winters ago. I think he may be a handfull if he gets his hands on this guy, lol

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2011, 06:51:00 AM »
oh theres a way to get at someone in jail any jail or prison, and its pretty easy actually.
"Us vs Them"

Offline barebow17

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2011, 07:37:00 AM »
I almost traded that Sarrels I had listed alittle awhile ago.For some reason I didn't.I would of been out a bow  and shipping.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2011, 07:53:00 AM »
Sorry to hear this, a nightmare for sure!

I actually know very few folks here, in terms of having met them.  However, I've had nothing but A+ experiences on every single deal. Very honest dealers here.

Whenever I'm about to buy, trade, or sell something here I always check their post numbers and then go to some of the threads they've started or responded too. If someone doesn't have several hundred posts I'm pretty shy of them.

It is uncanny how often when I'm reviewing some posts how I'll come across someone who knows the person. I then contact that person to get sort of a reference.  A phone call with the prospect can also be enlightening.

It may take many dozens of transactions (which I'm not planning on) before I run into a bad apple but I haven't yet.

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2011, 08:09:00 AM »
Originally posted by Tall Paul:
Glad to hear this scumbag is in jail!!!
Too bad he isn't in Ohio. I know of a few guys I could put him in a cell with.   :eek:    :readit:
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline MAGICMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2011, 09:57:00 AM »
I just want to say thanks! Several people have pm's me offering me arrows! This speaks volumes for the majority of the good people on this site. I will not hesitate to do buisiness on this site again I will just do a little research next time! I believe 99% of the folks here are good people it's just the select few that make us need to be careful!
Judge not less thee be judged yourself.

Offline erictetterton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2011, 10:26:00 AM »
a tradgang member got me for a leather armguard and some $ on here a couple months ago... its not that rare to be scammed on this site when dealing with smaller items such as quivers, arrows, etc. i had several people tell me they had a similar experience. i am still waiting for the mans name to be added to the wall of shame so no one else get ripped like i did. i would say the guys name but i might get in trouble like i did last time
Javaman Falcon 45@30
BW KBX 60” 45@30
BW PLX 64” 50@30

Offline erictetterton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2011, 10:28:00 AM »
and i started a thread similar to this one warning people of my experience and the guy who did it but it quickly got removed. the thread wasn't bashing the guy, it was titled "just a friendly warning or someone who scammed me"
Javaman Falcon 45@30
BW KBX 60” 45@30
BW PLX 64” 50@30

Offline Russ Clagett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2011, 10:54:00 AM »
The reality is this....I'd get way too much personal satisfaction out of splittin his wig...

Offline wv lungbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2011, 11:08:00 AM »
I got burnt on a quiver once. I expected to receive a like new item like it said it the classified post. But when I got the quiver half the mount had be cut and totally modified. I ask the guy why he didn't say that it had been modified. Then he had the nerve to block my PMs. This guy was a real tool bag.

Sorry for your mishap but their are some real low lifes out their.
>>>>PICK-N-STICK--->

Offline archeryprof

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2011, 12:42:00 PM »
HEY MATT FROM YOUR INFO SOUNDS LIKE LIVE ABOUT 30 MINUTES EAST OF ME.BE GLAD TO ACCOMPANY YOU.IM ORIGINALLY FROM D/FW AREA SO HAVE PLENTY OF FRIENDS THERE.   "I HATE RUDE BEHAVIOR IN A MAN...WONT TOLERATE IT" ---CAPT. WOODROW CALLE  FROM LONESOME DOVE

Offline TRADARROW71

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2011, 01:02:00 PM »
Wow and it only took a few scams to get him kicked off!! After the first one I'd think he'd be gone!?

Offline erictetterton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2011, 02:10:00 PM »
Tradarrow I was thinking the same thing????
Javaman Falcon 45@30
BW KBX 60” 45@30
BW PLX 64” 50@30

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2011, 02:56:00 PM »
Originally posted by TRADARROW71:
Wow and it only took a few scams to get him kicked off!! After the first one I'd think he'd be gone!?
What they do is go on a tear....and by the time we find out about them, they've scammed more than we've heard about.  Again, most were taken on other sites from what we heard.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2011, 02:58:00 PM »
Originally posted by erictetterton:
and i started a thread similar to this one warning people of my experience and the guy who did it but it quickly got removed. the thread wasn't bashing the guy, it was titled "just a friendly warning or someone who scammed me"
Yes, we do remove them as long as we feel they might be an isolated incident....we have no idea if these complaints are real just because someone posts them....so we pull them till we find out more info.  This keeps folks from wrongly accusing folks out of malice, or if there was some honest miss-communication.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline erictetterton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2011, 03:07:00 PM »
Thanks for making that clear Terry and thanks for all that u do!
Javaman Falcon 45@30
BW KBX 60” 45@30
BW PLX 64” 50@30

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©