3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: my Ultralight Tree Saddle and Titanium bolts  (Read 559 times)

Offline DeathBringer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: my Ultralight Tree Saddle and Titanium bolts
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 10:12:00 AM »
You need to take the extra img's out of the link  It should look like

Here's your pic

It ain't the bow, it's the indian behind it.

Offline Nathan Killen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 10:24:00 AM »
Im a tree saddle geek too ! I also would love to see pictures of your setup in use. Especially how you rig up the teather.
Genesis 21:20 And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer. ->>>---------------->

Jesus is my lord and savior, Who is he to you ?

60" Little Mountain built by Ethan Rodrigue

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 10:39:00 AM »
On photo bucket when you put your curser over a pic a menu will pop up just click on the bottom choice ( just click once you dont have to do any thing else) then just paste here in your post.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 10:58:00 AM »
You should also read the Off Topic list.That picture may not last long.I'd like to see some better pictures of your sling setup.

Offline mtsrunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2011, 11:09:00 AM »
My setup...

Offline mtsrunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »
Thanks for all the help on posting pics.  Here is the Titanium bolt next to a steel Treehopper bolt.

Offline mtsrunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2011, 11:34:00 AM »
Here is how I hang with my climbing rope/prussic/carabiner tether.  Some people that have converted to this system like to put a treestep below the rope due to fear of it sliding down the tree.  I have never experienced this issue.  Once you 'load' the rope with your weight, it stays in place.

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 11:38:00 AM »
Oops pic of bolts is to big only alowed 640 wide. Once you are logged on to photobucket hit the upload now botton and on the bottom of that page you will see Customize your upload options click on that and check 640-480 then all photos you upload from then on will be the right size to post here and you wont have to resize anything.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline mtsrunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2011, 11:38:00 AM »
Ok, I think I might have figured out how to get these pics sized appropriately.  Let's try this one...

Offline mtsrunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2011, 11:41:00 AM »
Sorry about the pic size.  I read the off topic thread and I am doing everything the way it said.  When I am on photobucket the images are all 640 x 480 and I am copy and pasting the img code.  Arrrgggghhhh!!!!!!!!!

Offline Nathan Killen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2011, 11:52:00 AM »
Sweeeeet ! Where did you get the drill and the titanium bolts ?
Genesis 21:20 And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer. ->>>---------------->

Offline Nathan Killen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2011, 11:55:00 AM »
Soory about that ! I see the bolt details in your first post !

Offline LV2HUNT

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2011, 03:57:00 PM »
Wow, so you just screw in the bolts with no steps huh? That is a surprisingly small amount of thread. Those bolts are not slippery when you are standing or climbing on them?

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2011, 05:49:00 PM »
Looking at this, I wonder:

Why bother threading the Ti?  They would be cheaper to make without threading them and they do not thread into the tree, they just slip in the hole, right?

I may have to check into that for my Saddle.  Right now I use 4 LW Mini sticks with custom rope extensions to add an ectra 16" to each for almost no weight.

Offline Boone the Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2011, 09:06:00 PM »
i like your black strap on steps, after a few hours on my metal screw ins it gets a bit uncomfortable, those look like they would be nice for a long sit, where did you get them?
Love the Lord, love your wife and kids, work hard, hunt harder

Offline mtsrunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2011, 11:16:00 PM »
LV 2 Hunt:
the bolts don't screw into the tree.  The drill bit is slightly larger than the bolt, so the bolt just slides in to the hole. When you apply your weight to it, the threads grab the top of the hole. It is extremely solid.  
They aren't really slippery because you wedge your foot against the tree and form a triangle of contact.  

Boone:
The plastic steps were made by Ameristep and they were really sweet.  Lawyers got involved...they got recalled and now they go for about $20 each when you can find them on ****!

Offline Zbearclaw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2011, 11:24:00 PM »
Very cool!  I may work on this during the off season and pack into a backcountry blacktail spot in a Northern California wilderness next fall!  Got some great stand spots but 10 miles is a long way to carry hang on steps!
Give me a bow a topo and two weeks, and I guarantee I kill two weeks!

Offline mtsrunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2011, 01:52:00 PM »
Zblearclaw,
Let me know when you kill one with your ultralight climbing system.  I think that would be just the ticket for blacktail country.

Offline postman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2011, 08:09:00 PM »
Tree saddle, (2pds) 10 ez-climb T steps, 8 for climbing, 4 for platform, 5pds. Where it is legal to use screw in steps. Linemans belt,(1pd) strap to hang from for saddle, (1 1/2) pds. Knee pads 1/4pd. Whole set up less that 10 pds, when you go back as far as I do, you can't get any lighter than this and be comfortable all day.

Offline wihill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2011, 11:08:00 PM »
Great setup, I'm another TreeSaddle fan.  I'm not 100% with drilling holes in trees, but I definitely appreciate the weight savings with the Ti bolts.  I'd like to try gaff's, but it's along the same lines as drilling IMO - so I use the LW steps, 3 is usually enough.

You can make the rope/prussik combo a little more secure by passing the carabiner end through the opposing end loop one additional time (instead of just passing it through the loop once, double it through again and then pull tight).  This will flip the loop end and make a bite that will snug up the loop tight to the carabiner end.  Then adjust the Prussik to length.

Interesting to know about the Ameristep plastic foot pegs, I was wondering why I hadn't seen them in a while.  Glad I grabbed 5 when I found them a while back.

Steve O - Any chance you could post a pic of your extension on your mini sticks?  It'd be awesome to get another 4 feet without having to carry my 4th stick!
Support the sport!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©