3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Where to buy U.S.A made hunting equipment??  (Read 1436 times)

Offline anw0625

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Where to buy U.S.A made hunting equipment??
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2011, 05:59:00 PM »
Muzzy, Simmons Sharks, Arrow Dynamics I can't think of any more that have not been mentioned right now.
Stalker Coyote LongBow
Habu DeathAdder
German Kinetics "German Made"
Black Eagle Rampage

Offline Paul WA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2011, 06:01:00 PM »
Now, my warm fleece hunting hat with ear flaps is made in Montana by Plenty Coups Archery...PR
"I'm a trophy hunter till something else comes along"

Online Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2011, 06:04:00 PM »
Rancho Safari

Catquivers, shaggy suits, and other interesting hunting paraphenalia.
Life is a whole lot easier when you just plow around the stump.

2006  64" Black Widow PMA
2009  66" Black Widow PLX
2023  56" Cascade Archery Whitetail Hawk
2023  52" Cascade Archery Golden Hawk Magnum

Offline barebow17

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2011, 06:12:00 PM »
Where do you think alot of these exotic woods come from that American bowyers use?

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2011, 06:16:00 PM »
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Shedrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2011, 06:21:00 PM »
Originally posted by Sixby:
Carhartt, Surewood, Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
I get a kick out of how the burr gets under the saddles of the Korean products lovers when a thread like this is posted. Globilism = downgrading of USA. I support this country and the people in this country every time I can do it.

God bless you all and merry Christmas, Steve
Where do you find your USA made Carhartt products Steve? My Carhartt shirts are made in India, and all my Carhartt pants are made in Mexico!  :readit:
Member of;
Comptons
Pope and Young
PBS
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
and Life member of Bowhunters Of Wyoming

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2011, 06:28:00 PM »
I try to buy raw materials that go in to my products from the US. Tanneries have closed up all across the states due to EPA laws. The ones that are left there prices have gone up. You can get leather way cheaper imported from China and Mexico. I will not buy it the quality just is not there. I buy my leather tanned from 2 of the oldest tanneries in the states Horween and Herman Oak. Both Tanneries are still in the same family. The hardware on my armguards are made for me by a small shop. I could get them for a fraction of the cost overseas. You got to watch just cause it is made in the States does not mean the raw materials are US products. Its important to me to buy American and keep our tanneries open. You know when I built my house all the copper for the fresh water was from china.
Don't ever try to be like any body else and don't ever be affraid to take risks. Waylon Jennings
Honesty is something you cant wear out. Waylon Jennings

Online wood carver 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2011, 06:37:00 PM »
Originally posted by barebow17:
Where do you think alot of these exotic woods come from that American bowyers use?
It's not the same thing as manufactured goods. Different woods grow in different places. That's the way it is. Some wood has to be imported. What you have to watch for are products made from Canadian or American grown lumber and made over seas. I take a pass on those.
Dave.
" Vegetarian" another word for bad hunter.

Offline mikebiz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2011, 06:51:00 PM »
Originally posted by barebow17:
Most of the exotic hardwoods used in risers are just that exotic.  Those species don't grow in the U.S.  I believe that most of the bamboo that is used for limbs comes from Japan and China.  

If you want U.S. grown materials look for Oregon Myrtle (usually just referred to as Myrtle) and Pacific Yew for starters.  There is English Yew as well, but obviously that's European.  

In addition to those already mentioned there's Red (Slippery) Elm, American Elm, the curly maples and Osage Orange.  Lots of U.S. grown materials, but most of the really colorful, highly figured stuff is exotic.
"...and last of all I leave to you the thrill of life and the joy of youth that throbs a moment in a well bent bow, then leaps forth in the flight of an arrow." - Saxton Pope

Offline MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2011, 06:52:00 PM »
Yea, I am in pretty bad need of another pair of Muck boots.Just having a little trouble letting go of the cash since they are made in China. How does the government expect the US consumers to help us out of our mess when almost everything we buy is made in china??   :dunno:    :dunno:
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2011, 06:53:00 PM »
I think if a guy checked all the trad site on the web, Tradgang, ***********,  Paleo Planet and Primitive Archer to name a few he/she could be completely outfitted from head to toe and bow to quiver with American made goods.

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2011, 07:26:00 PM »
I buy American every time I can.  I refuse to fund other countries budgets when hard working men and women are struggling or laid off here.  America first, her allies second, and sc$&@w the Chinese!
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline emac396

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2011, 08:03:00 PM »
http://madeinusaforever.com/

Above is a link of USA made products

Offline Plumber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2011, 09:29:00 PM »
my shafersilver tip is made in the USA.

Offline Ringneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2011, 09:36:00 PM »
All my steel is from the states and my leather is from Herman Oak, also in the states. The only thing not from the US on my knives is if exotic wood is specified.

Offline David Yukon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2011, 11:19:00 PM »
Xtra tuff boots, cheep, warm, tuff and made in the USA!!
One thing to be careful, it is not because a company is american that the stuff they sale is made in the USA. They should be a law that the origin of everything should be advertise along the description of a product, in catalogs or web site. Usually, companies are really proud to let you know that this and that is made in the USA, Canada... but not really keen on letting you know that it is made in China... they usually say "imported"... and that sucks cause I don't mind stuff made in UK or Japan...
Just my 2 cents.

Offline eflanders

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2011, 11:24:00 PM »
All of the products (strings & arrow holders) at Flemish Traditional Sports are proudly made in the USA!  We are also a Tradgang sponsor.

Offline David Yukon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2011, 11:29:00 PM »
Thank you emac396, that site is great! Check out  Frost River web site for great packs and gear! I'm a fan of Filson, and only buy there made in the USA stuff. Feather Friends, if you need good sleeping bags, they are the best in the world!! i'm sure there is a lot more, we have to keep at it! Canadian stuff is not  to bad either...

Offline LKH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2011, 12:03:00 AM »
Brunton Optics and other gear.

Have used mine for years and while my Eterna binos won't compete w/leica, the difference isn't enough to pay for.

Client and I swapped back and forth this year and the difference wasn't much.

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2011, 02:13:00 AM »
Hmmm, I thought Carhart was USA. I am brokenhearted now. Betrayed. I knew about Danner although I guess they do make one model here now.
Mexico isn't so bad. I mean we are almost Mexico now , right? LOL Last time I worked a construction job I was the only English speaking man there. It felt like I was in a foreign country.
I have been building a bunch of bows with North American woods. I just finished a gorgeous longbow with all American products. Osage, Maple and Walnut. Another one with Claro Walnut, Yew and myrtle,. I doubt many of the exotics I have used are any prettier,. Except KOA , Buttttttttt Hey that is from Hawaii, USA

God bless you all, Steve

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©