3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Where to buy U.S.A made hunting equipment??  (Read 1438 times)

Offline Craig

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Where to buy U.S.A made hunting equipment??
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2011, 06:39:00 AM »
I know you are talking about hunting equipment, but my son and his family are over in Singapore and his wife says almost everything she picks up is made in the USA. Maybe you need to travel over seas to by made in the USA products.
Schafer Silvertip

Offline Tree Killer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2011, 10:35:00 AM »
Originally posted by shdwhwk:
Mystery Ranch Packs in Bozeman, MT are 100% Made in the USA
So are Wilderness Pack Specialties ... Klamath Falls, Oregon.

Some Danner boots are made overseas, some are made in Oregon.

The Pendleton Wool shirts used to be made here in Oregon, my wife worked at the Pendleton factory right out of high school. Some of it still is, but some is being sewn in China I suspect. Find the older shirts at Goodwill, they'll be made in the USA.
"stickbows, putting the arch back in archery"

Offline mrjsl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2011, 10:46:00 AM »
Last 3 vehicles I've owned:

Ford F150... made in Canada

Dodge Ram 2500... made in Mexico

Toyota Tundra... made in USA!

Offline Shedrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2011, 11:00:00 AM »
Pronghorn and Yellowstone bows made in Wyoming.

My hunting truck, a Toyota Tundra, made in USA.

My Gov work trucks, chevys, fords, and dodges, all from mexico or canada. Nothing wrong with Canada though, Canada rocks!

Bison Gear packs made in USA.

VPA and Woodsman heads are made in USA.

The deer, elk, antelope, lions, turkeys, sheep, bears, ect, that we hunt, made in USA!
Member of;
Comptons
Pope and Young
PBS
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
and Life member of Bowhunters Of Wyoming

Offline Russ Clagett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2011, 11:29:00 AM »
Part of the reason SO many things are now made overseas is because our Congress has raised the corporate tax to the point it is the highest in the world.....the highest government tax on manufactured goods on planet earth....

If you have a company that makes stuff, you either pay a hugely exhorbitant tax to the government or you have it made somewhere else, then pay to ship it back so you can sell it.

Simple economics......for example:

I tried to outfit my Division Snipers with Eberlestock rucksacks cause they're awesome, BUT I WAS NOT ABLE TO cause they're not made in the USA. Because if they were they would cost over a thousand bucks each and no one would buy them.  

AND, in their infinite wisdom, Congress has passed a thing called the Berry Amendment, which forbids any government purchase of tactical nylon stuff (packs)not made in the USA!!!

It's awesome how they create the problem, then get involved to "fix it" and make it exponentially worse......

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2011, 10:24:00 PM »
For cutlery, Becker and ESEE knives are American made as are (I believe) the knives offered by Fred Asbell and the knives / hawks offered by Ron LaClair.  For folders, have a look at Buck, some of the Spydercos, Zero Tolerance, etc.

Offline instinctivebowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2011, 03:54:00 AM »
all clark broadheads products are 100% made in the USA

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2011, 12:08:00 PM »
I wanted to do some stump shooting in the snow, so went shopping for snow shoes.  Yeah, lots of Chinese stuff, but the one pair I chose was "Red Feather"...and made in USA.

Yep...buy American when you can.
Lon Scott

Offline David Yukon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2011, 01:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by mrjsl:
Last 3 vehicles I've owned:

Ford F150... made in Canada

Dodge Ram 2500... made in Mexico

Toyota Tundra... made in USA!
Toyota made in the USA of chinese parts!!!
It maybe put together in the USA but everything is made in china!!
just a thought!

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2011, 02:05:00 PM »
I haven't looked at all the posts and maybe it's been said but, Lone Wolf is American made.
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline AMB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2011, 02:52:00 PM »
Simmons Sharks broadheads, Lone Wolf treestands, Guidos Web, Day One Camo, Woody Hunting Products(hand drill, climbing belt), Treewalker treestands, EZY Climb products, Russell Boots.

Offline Turkeys Fear Me

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2011, 04:38:00 PM »
Originally posted by David Yukon:
Toyota made in the USA of chinese parts!!!
It maybe put together in the USA but everything is made in china!!
just a thought!
That is simply not true.  80% of all the parts in the Toyota Tundra are  made  in America.

http://wot.motortrend.com/top-10-trucks-suvs-vans-north-american-parts-content-67961.html

The midsize Dodge Dakota, at 84 percent, has just a bit more North American content  than the full-size Toyota Tundra, at 80 percent.  The Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon come in third, with 75 percent. For those who are curious, the 2011 report shows the Ram truck at 70 percent, the Chevrolet Silverado at 61 percent, and the Ford F-Series at 60 percent.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2011, 04:48:00 PM »
Just so you Folks Know Carhartt !!??     :readit:     I buy nothing except Red Wing Workboots they are worth every extra penny you pay for them. They last! However some of their shoes are also being made in CHINA now so check the label before purchasing. By the way my 2003 Toyota Tacoma was made in California by U.S. Auto Workers.      :thumbsup:     Summit Tree Stands are made in the U.S.A.! Mohawk Longbows are Made in the U.S.A.     :thumbsup:

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2011, 05:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by barebow17:
Where do you think alot of these exotic woods come from that American bowyers use?  
Some come from old nut orchards, and some are on the beach, or in our own mountain ranges. We have some beautiful domestic hardwoods right here in the USA. Even fruit woods are beautiful.

but you are talking exotics... and a lot of the exotic hardwoods are imported in raw form and are milled and dried right here before bowyer's purchase them from American companies.

Offline Jake Diebolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2011, 05:14:00 PM »
You guys think you got it bad. I try to buy Canadian when I can...which is virtually never. :/

Offline tecum-tha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2011, 05:16:00 PM »
Stick and Limbs camo is made by Clarksfield Outdoors in MN. Good quality stuff and their turkey vest is a steal for the price. I like predator camo, but all their stuff is made somewhere else and carries a higher price tag!!
Their turkey vest is offered here for $90 and not a bit better than the american one. I don't like to pay the same or even much higher prices for something that was made with "slave" labor wages and no environmental standards.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2011, 06:18:00 PM »
Dont forget the food you take to camp. Buy your fruits, vegatables and even meat from local growers. The price is often the same or even less and the difference in flavor will amaze you. for example most of the tomatoes in your local supecenter grocery store probably came from mexico picked before they were ripe as much as 6 weks ago and "truck ripened" on the way to your town.

Buying locally also benifits the local economy as the growers use some of your money to buy fertilizer, feed and other stuff locally creating more local jobs.

Offline Turkeys Fear Me

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2011, 06:39:00 PM »
Originally posted by Kirkll:
 and a lot of the exotic hardwoods are imported in raw form and are milled and dried right here before bowyer's purchase them from American companies.
I agree with you Kirk.  Imported goods, shipped to American businesses, and then sold to Americans.  Not a thing wrong with that.

Offline barebow17

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2011, 07:05:00 PM »
What I was trying to say is if you buy a product that says made in the USA it should be just that. Not assembled in the USA with materials from other countries.

Offline ELKDUDE07

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2011, 07:23:00 PM »
Horn Hunter packs are awesome!!! Made in USA

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©