3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The Adventure of Hope and Faith Stalker  (Read 10803 times)

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Adventure of Hope and Faith Stalker
« Reply #220 on: December 19, 2011, 09:58:00 PM »
Gentlemen,

For those of you waiting for your turn to shoot "Hope"; see the video above.

That bow is greeeaaaaat!  Notice how smooth and extremely quiet. Very flat cast.

Color me impressed!

Matt
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Two things that can never be taken back...Harsh Words and Time, Wasted

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #221 on: December 19, 2011, 10:38:00 PM »
Another sunrise and sunset with Faith.

No deer  :(
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Gerardo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #222 on: December 20, 2011, 02:00:00 AM »
Keep at it Bud !!!!!
Gerardo Rodriguez

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #223 on: December 20, 2011, 09:21:00 AM »
Thanks Gerardo. I didn't see anything except the same bunch of mocking squirrels.

I did move my tree stand to a location where deer are coming in and out of their feeding and bedding areas. I heard 17 shots yesterday morning. The gun pressure on the deer around here is tremendous.

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

« Reply #224 on: December 20, 2011, 10:13:00 AM »
I hope you get to let one loose before you have to send Faith on her next journey, Bud!

Looks like it will be after XMas before I get out again.

Bisch

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #225 on: December 20, 2011, 10:29:00 AM »
Rain is forecast for my next off-days.  :(

I will ship Faith off on Dec 27. I'm off Dec 26 and if rain isn't falling I will be in the woods a final time with Faith. I'm off the 27th too, but I would like to see Faith in the hands of Greardo by Jan 1 if possible. Hopefully the mail will cooperate. I'll ship her Tuesaday morning.

« Reply #226 on: December 22, 2011, 10:58:00 PM »
Well I went up to the shop today and shot a little. I think Hope is mad at me because I have not had her out in the woods for a week now (my shooting was a little off today). Anyway, I assured her that we would be out in the woods for one last hurrah on Tuesday. Then I have to get her all dressed and waxed up for her stay with longarrow!

See ya later,

Bisch

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #227 on: December 24, 2011, 04:58:00 AM »
Christmas has me a bit stumped./ I will try to get Faith out today, but I've been up almost 24 hours now. Cant' be effective in the woods when you're in a stuper.

I will Faithfully try to get her in the woods this afternoon after some catch-up sleep.

EDIT:

I wasn't able to make it to the woods with Faith. Christmas responsibilities and not getting to sleep until 2pm this afternoon after being up for about 32 hours did me in. My apologies.

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #228 on: December 27, 2011, 12:48:00 PM »
:campfire:
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #229 on: December 27, 2011, 02:40:00 PM »
I got Faith out last night. I put the climber in a new tree, but went rather high by my standards. I was so high my 24' rope to pull up the bow was off the ground and Faith's lower limb tip barely drug the leaves.

At about 4pm I heard running through the woods across a creek bottom. I saw a deer being chased by another. It ended up being two young bucks. I could see the one and he stood for about 10 minutes without moving. I heard steps behind me and turned to see momma doe, and I mean a big one, walking up an old 4-wheeler trail. The buck I could see across the bottom was watching her. I then heard the other deer move and could see a small set of antlers. Then another doe appeared near momma, then another chocolate buck. He too was young. He was a six pointer but a very small one; maybe last years crop.

The three bucks eventually came under my stand. Too close to shoot because it was a straight down shot. The two does left behind me.

I eventually got a shot at a cow horn spike which was missing his left antler. Right over his back. He never flinched at the shot, but took about five trotting steps afterwards into a pine stand. I had blown it again. With all the deer eyes around I felt like I couldn't move.

When it got nearly dark the chocolate buck came back in the area but never presented a shot. He was head first to the tree I was in and a spine shot was all I had. Another large bodied deer joined him well after sunset but with just enough light to see his or her outline. I was stuck in the tree. After it got almost pitch black I began clucking like a turkey, which are common in the area. The deer trotted off and never seemed alarmed.

I planned on hunting this morning but rain kept me out of the woods.

I shipped Faith off this afternoon.

She's a sweet bow. I could not give her any mojo, but if it makes any difference, I saw more bucks with Faith in my hand than I almost have over my hunting years. Almost ALL the years. Sitting here I can count 8 bucks over my hunts in times past with two harvested. Two unharvested were button bucks.

Maybe more will be seen with her companionship.

Offline don_h

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #230 on: December 27, 2011, 03:00:00 PM »
At least you got out in the woods, that's time wells spent. Good job bud, can't really ask for more than that.

« Reply #231 on: December 27, 2011, 04:42:00 PM »
That's OK, Bud! And you are right, these are great bows. I talked to longarrow on the phone today (he gets Hope for January) and since he lives so close to me I will be hand delivering it to him on Sat or Sun. That means I get to go hunting with her one more/last time! I'll be headed to my lease tomorrow and in a stand for the afternoon hunt.

Bisch

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #232 on: December 27, 2011, 05:53:00 PM »
Good luck Bisch!
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #233 on: December 28, 2011, 09:55:00 AM »
Good luck fellers.RC

Offline Bow Stealth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #234 on: December 28, 2011, 06:40:00 PM »
Just wanted to say hello to everyone on Trad. Been off the form for a long time and just came back a couple days ago. For those hunting the next day or so, good luck......

Offline Gerardo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #235 on: December 28, 2011, 11:59:00 PM »
Bud B,

Its good you got her out and had the opportunity to be in the peace and quiet of the woods. I hope I can see as much deer as you did also and maybe I can get lucky on a good shot.

Hope to receive Faith soon!!!!
Gerardo Rodriguez

Offline Gerardo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #236 on: December 29, 2011, 12:04:00 AM »
Last year I passed to many shots for a very big whitetail that has been roaming around our woods.

The last day of the season on a Sunday as I was on my truck heading home, and really wanting to see my wife and kids.

I saw him on a cliff about 100 yds , he stared at me like knowing I had been after him and that it was a goodbye for life.

It was 3pm that day and that was the end of my season without any meat or antlers.
Gerardo Rodriguez

Offline Gerardo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #237 on: December 29, 2011, 12:09:00 AM »
Here in Mexico or season starts on the 1st of December and runs toward the last days of January in fact our deer´s rut generally is the last days of December.

Our brush is low the same as Texas , being Mezquite trees the tallest trees around. The most effective way to hunt is on ground blinds.

Our lease is a big cattle ranch, and we have had problems with the cattle eating up our pop up blinds. We generally install them and leave them there so the deer won't get spoked and they get accustomed to watching it. This year we made some ground blinds out of wire , wood and hay. Old rotten hay , think of it like the 3 little pigs mini little house.
Gerardo Rodriguez

Offline Gerardo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #238 on: December 29, 2011, 12:15:00 AM »
Well to get into my story , I was hunting on the 13 of December. It had been a very slow morning and I had only seen two does and a little 6 pointer that always stared at my ground blind and never gave me a shot. It was now 10 in the morning and I was feeling like going to the camp and fixing me up some dry meat and egg tacos ( we call it machaca). That with some beans , salsa and a hot coffee will really motivate you. So I was thinking about breakfast and wanting to get out of the blind , when big old 14 pointer was walking 100 yds infront of the blind.
Gerardo Rodriguez

Offline Gerardo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #239 on: December 29, 2011, 12:17:00 AM »
This ground blind has a little cliff in front and was placed here because its this guys territory.
Gerardo Rodriguez

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©