3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The Adventure of Hope and Faith Stalker  (Read 10833 times)

Offline Bivyhunter

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Adventure of Hope and Faith Stalker
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2011, 06:12:00 PM »
Hey you Faith and Hope shooters, send me your pics to [email protected] and I'll get them on the '011 poster.

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2011, 09:23:00 AM »
Dang man, with all that mojo im going to be ran over by deer in October   :saywhat:   big shoes to fill!  :help:
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2011, 10:02:00 PM »
Well my run with Hope has bout come to its end. Lord willing I`ll hunt with her maybe a couple more times then she`s off to North Carolina for Dalton to enjoy. Here are a few pics from a romp through the swamp the other day.
 This is a big Public land bottom I have not hunted in several years.

The Altamaha just below where it is made by the Ocmulgee and Oconee rivers running together.

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2011, 10:06:00 PM »
And here is a small doe that came by alone at 14 yards. I was lucky enough to make a good shot and the best backstrapps of the year are cooking now. RC

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2011, 11:23:00 PM »
Way to go again RC!  Great job of putting some serious mojo on this bow for the rest of us! God's country down there!   :wavey:
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2011, 05:50:00 AM »
Way to go Robert....

Terry's goal every year with these bows is to get them into the hands of "real deal" trad bowhunters that will hunt hard, and document the trials and tribs of the hunts. Unfortunately, that doesn't always happen...truthfully, a lot of guys "drop the ball"...

We talked about how happy we were to have the bow in your hands, we just knew you were the guy to get things started and set the bar high...you didn't disappoint my friend!

Thank you for your efforts    :notworthy:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2011, 09:10:00 AM »
Originally posted by Guru:
Way to go Robert....
...you didn't disappoint my friend!

Thank you for your efforts     :notworthy:  
IMHO...an understatement for sure!!...lol

More like totally, awesomely, way....cool!

Thanks RC for the "Ride on the F&H Stalker Express"!!

Try this out for an RC hunting logo/mantra:

"This ain't gonna take very long but it's gonna hurt a bunch...but not for long!"

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2011, 09:53:00 AM »
Mister RC, great pics as usual. Just read a few comments re Faith & Hope. Don't read all posts & must have missed this one entirely. You are THE go to guy for instant mojo & credibility. You carry the F&H banner well. Thanks.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline Apex Predator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2011, 09:59:00 AM »
Robert is one of the finest people I know, and that swamper can hunt!
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2011, 10:23:00 AM »
:eek:  you tagged out yet   :confused:  

Congrats RC well done    :clapper:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2011, 11:18:00 AM »
I still have 9 more tags and a whole lot more arrows. I forgot to say I killed the small doe with an arrow I fletched using Turkey feathers from a gobbler I killed with my hill bow in the spring.I`m blessed to have quality affordable hunting nearby.RC

Offline Bivyhunter

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2011, 11:14:00 AM »
Don't let RC loose in my state, I want some deer and hogs to hunt too!

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2011, 04:25:00 PM »
Very much enjoyed my round with "Hope". Its a very fine bow and is very easy to shoot.Other than a squirrel or two it drilled all the critters I shot at with it. I got it boxed up to send to North Carolina. Would have already sent it but have been very busy ,my Wifes Sister and Aunt passed away in a three day period so it has been busy. The rain sat in here for about a week so I have been using the Hill bow and killed one with it. Its nice to be able to shoot different bow equally as bad.lolYou`ll have to check the Hill bow thread for deer number 4. Thanks guys for letting me hunt with this bow . You had better save your money for the auction because I will be bidding high.RC

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2011, 01:22:00 AM »
I think you might need to buy another freezer. Great season so far, RC.

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2011, 10:13:00 AM »
Looking forward to recieving it! im ready to whack and stack with her
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Offline recurve_shooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2011, 04:45:00 PM »
A little late, perhaps, but I wanted to toss in a little account of Faith's hunts.  I had intended on keeping an updated account as they ocurred, but never could seem to find the time.

I was out of town on opening weekend (9/10) and managed to come down with a cold/sinus infection upon returning, and didn't really feel like getting after it much until the 2nd weekend.  

I finally got a chance to take Faith out Sunday evening for a little while.  Even with the cooler weather, I managed to work up a sweat on the way in, I'm just thankful it was a more tolerable 73 degrees instead of the normal 85 degrees this time of year!  A slight eastern breeze quickly cooled me down and even kept the mosquitos at bay, which was nice considering I managed to leave my thermacell at home.  Nothing like the first hunt of the year to help you "remember" all the things you "forgot"!

Here's Faith paitently waiting.  I have no doubt she'll do her part if I can do mine...

Offline recurve_shooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2011, 04:53:00 PM »
Sorry about the image size.  I thought I had resized it to 640.  I'll try again on the next picture.

I put up a climber in a small hardwood draw that is surrounded by 6 year old planted pine.  The plantation is covered with browse, droppings tracks and trails, but with the recent heat and the worst drought we've had in 25 years, it's hard to tell how fresh it is.  The droppings dry uot and lose their shine in a couple of days, and it's nearly impossible to tell if a track is 2 hours or 2 weeks old....they look about the same.

Fairly well used trail that runs along parrallel to the younger pines.

Offline recurve_shooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2011, 05:07:00 PM »
After an uneventful first evening, it was a couple of days before I could get out again.  

Still fighting the lingering effects of my cold, I was able to get out for a couple of hours Thursday morning.  This ridge is just about 200 yards behind my house, so it makes for a good place to go on those mornings when I don't have a lot of time due to work or oversleeping....not that I ever oversleep!

I never get tired of watching the sun come up and start filtering through the canopy.  Some of these red oaks are dropping pretty good, although there isn't a ton of sign under them.  The white oak crop looks like it will be very thin this year.  I have killed a couple of deer in this area over the last several years and missed a few more.  There is even a Zwickey head stuck in the base of one of the trees near the bottom of the hill.  Another one of those "just a hair too high" shots that I seem to have too many of.

Offline recurve_shooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2011, 05:25:00 PM »
The images still seem large, even though the last on was resized to 400 x 400.  I'll try them again later.

As RC said, these are great shooting bows.  Faith is on her way to Wisconsin and shouold arrive mid afternoon tomorrow.  

Well, it's after 5 and the front is passing through, so I'm going to see if I can shoot something this evening.  I'll post more later.

Offline Mike Theis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2011, 12:43:00 PM »
Wow RC - you go for a walk in the swamp, something ends up dead!

Thanks for your hard work in breaking it in. I'm sure it's a start in making that bow famous. More for the kids, way to go!

:clapper:
If man were to know everything in advance, there would be no such thing as adventure!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©