3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Quivers  (Read 698 times)

Offline JParanee

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Quivers
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 05:08:00 PM »
Bow quiver

Disliked them forbears now I would not hunt without
Morrison & Titan ILF & BF Extreme Limbs
Silvertip 1 Piece 57#-Silvertip 57#-Black Widow Ma II 61#&69#-Fedora 560 69#- 560 57#-560 60#-560 55#-Brakenbury Shadow 60#-Hoyt Buffalo 55#- Bob Lee 58#- fishing bows PSE's

Offline JParanee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 05:18:00 PM »
Double post
Morrison & Titan ILF & BF Extreme Limbs
Silvertip 1 Piece 57#-Silvertip 57#-Black Widow Ma II 61#&69#-Fedora 560 69#- 560 57#-560 60#-560 55#-Brakenbury Shadow 60#-Hoyt Buffalo 55#- Bob Lee 58#- fishing bows PSE's

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 06:06:00 PM »
I guess my favorite hunting quiver would be my GFA but I also really enjoy my Hill style back quiver too.  Pretty much just those two with occasional jaunts with my Jack Bowers Chief.  Don't care much for bow quivers. I have the same problem with quiver decisions that I do with which bow I am going to take along.   :rolleyes:
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline OkKeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2011, 06:44:00 PM »
I like a removable Boa or Selway type quiver on my recurves (and I have several), especially if I am hunting from a blind. I like to remove them once I get to where I am going.

I got into stalking feral hogs for a while and it always seemed to be raining so I came up with this quiver from bits and pieces laying around the house.

I am 6'5", my model (thanks to her again!) is not nearly that tall. My wood arrows in the photo are 34" long, so the quiver is about 36".

It worked well for keeping arrows safe and dry, but was a little clunky. I use it now in the truck to keep from damaging fletchings and dulling broadheads while transporting.

I have several of the Eagle Flight Minis for my longbows, but... for the most part prefer to shoot a naked bow unless stalking or roving.

OkKeith
In a moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.
Theodore Roosevelt

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2011, 08:05:00 PM »
I really like the Dawgware Timo lite.Been using one for bout 4-5 years. Before then I used an old Asbell type quiver I made near 20 years ago. Have used a few bow quivers but like the feel on nothing on my longbow. RC

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2011, 08:11:00 PM »
Back quiver and Arrowmaster for me ... and sometimes a Selway Slide on ...
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Offline Duncan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2011, 08:27:00 PM »
I have a few bow quivers but I like to make my own back, side stalker quivers. Here is a recent St. Charles style I made.

Member NCBA

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2011, 09:03:00 PM »
At last count I think I have around 35 differant quivers,it seams I use what serves my purpose best for a particular hunt and what bow I'm shooting.
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline forestpig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2011, 11:36:00 PM »
I like using the bow quiver to and it needs to be small and stay on where I place it  i spot and stalk often and the only one that stays put is from Eagle Flight Archery

Found it right here on trad gang

Offline forestpig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2011, 11:52:00 PM »
I like using the bow quiver to and it needs to be small and stay on where I place it  i spot and stalk often and the only one that stays put is from Eagle Flight Archery

Found it right here on trad gang

Offline stykbow67

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2011, 10:33:00 AM »
I hunted this whole season with a "Naked" bow using a GFA style quiver that i made myself and got along with it better than i thought. With that being said I don't think i'll ever get rid of my bow mounted quivers, they definately have there place.

Steve

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©