3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: string.....ff or not.......quiet.......loud  (Read 660 times)

Offline redeemed

• Trad Bowhunter
string.....ff or not.......quiet.......loud
« on: January 14, 2007, 09:04:00 PM »
I have 2 monarch lb's.  first one is 64"  60#.  has (i think) woolies. made @ 1993 by monty,not a real STRONG r/d shoots quiet all i hear is a little bump upon release.     second lb is 06 model 66" 57#  has some for fur,little more r/d than my older one,has a twang upon release. shoot 2117's out of both,trad. 2 fing. under draw. Can't figure out why the new one is louder,will a different string help,i don't want to hang 1000 different types of silencers on this bow.HELP  :banghead:
JESUS LOVES ME THIS I KNOW!!!!

To God be the glory, great things He has done!!!!!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: string.....ff or not.......quiet.......loud
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 09:11:00 PM »
Brace may need to be a tad higher. I find D-97 and 8125 and such to be quieter than B-50 on my bows. If ya add anything some rubber catwhiskers are tough to beat and also some wool from sheered sheep is hard to beat as well. Shawn
Shawn

Offline McK

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: string.....ff or not.......quiet.......loud
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 09:28:00 PM »
First, I think you need to determine what kind (ff or dacron)of strings you have on the two bows.  If they are flemish twist as I assume they are, find a small strand protruding from the splice area and try to cut it with a pair of scissors.  If it cuts, its dacron if it slides between the blades but wont cut, its a ff type material.  If you cant do that measure the string off the bow pulled snug, then measure the string on the strung bow.  If its dacron the difference might be 3/4" or more, if ff it will be near the same.
   A dacron string might require a higher B.H.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©