3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: PSE dealers.....venting  (Read 313 times)

Offline RobinHood1389

• Trad Bowhunter
PSE dealers.....venting
« on: December 15, 2011, 08:45:00 PM »
So I seem to have the worst luck with PSE dealers around here.

I wanted to order the girlfriend's first bow (PSE razorback) from the local BassPro shops. The guy at the counter was a real disappointment. I stated I wanted to special order the bow in 35# which they dont stock at the stores. He said "I dont have time to help you." Then proceeded to assist a guy in purchasing a brand new compound! That really got under my skin.

Filed a complaint with basspro and left it at that.

Went to a local private archery shop that is a PSE/matthews dealer. The guy was "ok" at best with ordering the bow.

Fast forward 2 months...We were at the range and the lower limb of her bow starts to seperate! Great!!

I take the bow back the place I purchased it (keep in mind he is a PSE DEALER). He says he will call me in a few hours when PSE opens for the day. 3 days later I call him back because he never called me!

He tells me the order has been placed but it could take weeks, up to a month before I get the new limbs.

I called PSE direct myself. The limbs are in stock! And could be ready to ship immediately!

So what the heck is up with this guy telling me a month!?

Anyway.....venting
1970 Grizzly 56" 50#
Bear B mag 53#

>>>>---Kyle---->

Offline Hit-or-Miss

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: PSE dealers.....venting
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 08:50:00 PM »
It appears he doesn't value your money in the future. Shop elswhere, and let the owner know why.

Online Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 08:55:00 PM »
Like chris said,Let the owner know and give your story to the local paper so everyone knows,and if the editor says theres two sides welcome the comments from the store.Don't stand for it.
one of the reasons I support our sponsors.
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 09:01:00 PM »
Very little, if any, chance that you would be treated that way by any Trad Gang sponsors. It just wouldn't happen here.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 10:51:00 PM »
Very little, if any, chance that you would be treated that way by any Trad Gang sponsors. It just wouldn't happen here.

x 2!

(Hey Centaur!  i like your new avatar!)
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline wildgame

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 12:00:00 AM »
Originally posted by centaur:
X3
"go afield with good attitude,and with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and the forest and fields in which you walk" -Fred Bear

Offline David Yukon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 12:14:00 AM »
been there.... I hate when stuff like that happens! And it happen to often! That said, there is a lot of great cutover service base business out there that will go out of there way to help you out!!
Good luck. And don't forget to tell them they suck... and tell the good one that they are good!!

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 02:38:00 AM »
Hopefully you told PSE about the dealer problems...if so wondering, what was their (PSE's)reaction?

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 03:45:00 AM »
I would let PSE know about the dealer as well as Bass Pro.  You will get far better service from the sponsors here at TradGang.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline Ground Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2011, 04:53:00 AM »
Mass Produced Product - Mass Produced Sales Philosophy.

A used traditional bow would likely be a better road to travel.

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 01:12:00 PM »
Bottom line, no REAL money to be made by a Compound shop selling Trad equipment. I worked in a Compound shop, nice guy but trad shooters are looked at as "second rate".

Quite a few Compound Companies jumped on the Traditional Bandwagon when the popularity of recurves and longbows exploded. However, most dealers will stock a few bows but really don't cater to the trad shooters. Why? Because trad bows sit there too long and compound bows with all their accessories move out the door quickly.

You can vent at Bass Pro and PSE but they will barely get a hand slapped.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 03:36:00 PM »
Originally posted by centaur:
x4
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2011, 03:39:00 PM »
This is a good reason to buy from a local bowyer-paying a little extra for customer satisfaction can be a real bargain in the long run.

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2011, 04:05:00 PM »
This is a good reason to buy from a local bowyer-paying a little extra for customer satisfaction can be a real bargain in the long run
x2
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline MikeW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2011, 04:20:00 PM »
I would harp on PSE about these two dealers and ask them for a response back about what they are doing about it and of course talk to the owner or manager of the store.

it's hard to find good help now days.
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Offline RobinHood1389

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 12:59:00 PM »
PSE has sucky service too. Like stated by Joe Skipp....they dont really care about the trad gear and those that want that gear.

I told the department manager at Basspro and he didnt really show any concern.

Still waiting for the new limbs to come in from the local shop. Once I have them in hand I will let them know my thoughts.

I was trying to get the girlfriend to look at tradgang sponsor bows and other used bows....but she fell in love with the white limbs and bright riser of the PSE razorback. oh well. She shoots trad so Im happy. lol

But since KustomKing is local for me....I have been there alot (ALOT!). They are Great! I only go to Basspro for the indoor range now.

Thanks for the support. I'll get back to you after I get the new limbs and let you know the owner's reaction. (He should be lucky I havent said the name of his shop).
1970 Grizzly 56" 50#
Bear B mag 53#

>>>>---Kyle---->

Offline deaddoc4444

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2011, 01:11:00 PM »
PERSONALY  I wouldnt go near any PSE   product  not after what SHipley tried to do to Trad Archery  in the late 80s early 90s .   Now he jumped on the band wagon .    
  JMHPO
HH Big 5 71# @29
Damon Howatt/Hunter 50@28
Damon Howatt/Ventura 45@28
Damon Howatt/Bushmaster 60@28
Leon Stewart/Slammer 52@28
BIG EAST  45@28
Fedora Xtreme/Hybrid 50@28
   "Leiber Hammer als Amboss"

Offline RobinHood1389

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2011, 02:18:00 PM »
Might first trad bow (60" impala) was the finest bow in the world to me. I was deadly accurate with that thing. And  I still have it today. So PSE isnt all that bad in my eyes.
1970 Grizzly 56" 50#
Bear B mag 53#

>>>>---Kyle---->

Offline PaddyMac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2011, 02:44:00 PM »
The more I stay with custom or near-custom stuff produced by cottage-industry artisans sold by true trad believers, the better off I am. Trad bowhunters really are blessed in that way.

The thing is, when you buy what you think is the very best bow made, you can talk to the guy who makes it. That really means something to me.
Pat McGann

Southwest Archery Scorpion longbow, 35#
Fleetwood Frontier longbow, 40#
Southwest Archery Scorpion, 45#
Bob Lee Exotic Stickbow, 51#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 47#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 55#
Howatt Palomar recurve (69"), 40#

"If you leave archery for one day, it will leave you for 10 days."  --Turkish proverb

Offline danderson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2011, 03:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by deaddoc4444:
PERSONALY  I wouldnt go near any PSE   product  not after what SHipley tried to do to Trad Archery  in the late 80s early 90s .   Now he jumped on the band wagon .    
  JMHPO
what did he do exactly?
BW SAX Kingwood 54#

1967 Bear Super Kodiak 50#

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©