3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Sarrels Blueridge 3 piece.. Thoughts???  (Read 360 times)

Offline cnorth

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Sarrels Blueridge 3 piece.. Thoughts???
« on: December 18, 2011, 05:22:00 AM »
Wondering if I could get some feedback on these bow?? Are they quiete, smooth drawing,etc...I really like the looks of these bows, but there is no way I can try one out....Thanks ahead for the replies...
Trust in the Lord with all of thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  Proverbs 3: 5

TOELKE WHIP HS 48 @28, 60"
TOELKE WHIP 50 @ 28, 64"     
BROWNING WASP 45 @ 28
BLACK WIDOW PMA III 51 @ 28, 62"

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sarrels Blueridge 3 piece.. Thoughts???
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 06:21:00 AM »
These are outstanding TD LB's.  I was down at Bob's Thursday picking up my second Blueridge S/R. They're all I shoot now.  Quiet, very fast, extremely smooth drawing, and Bob's slender riser design fits my hand and shooting style perfectly.  Great father/son team who do outstanding work.  

Only a few days left until the end of his Christmas sale, and I left a few on the rack for ya!
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline wv lungbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 09:26:00 AM »
I haven't shot one, but have been wandering about them also. The limb design looks like it would make a quick shooter. How far are you drawing the shorty TD Rob??
>>>>PICK-N-STICK--->

Offline Dmaxshawn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 10:17:00 AM »
I have a Blueridge SR longbow and its one awesome shooter.  It's almost too pretty to hunt with but I may take her to the woods one day.  The bow is very smooth and whisper quiet.  Bob and Zack are fine folks and would do business with them any day.  These bows shoot exactly where your looking too.  Wish I was closer to you so you could try it out.  

Shawn

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 10:28:00 AM »
Hard to go wrong with a Sarrels bow. I've really enjoyed the ones I've shot....all around 50# and smooth and fast.

I see you list a Toelke in your signature. I also shoot a Toelke as my go to bow. One thing you'll notice is the grips are a bit different between the two bows.....Sarrels has a thinner riser.

Offline cnorth

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 01:29:00 PM »
ttt
Trust in the Lord with all of thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  Proverbs 3: 5

TOELKE WHIP 50 @ 28, 64"     
BROWNING WASP 45 @ 28

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 01:44:00 PM »
Big Sarrels fan although I've never owned one. Stellar customer service & some very fine looking/quality bows (especially longbows).
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline smokin feathers

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 04:08:00 PM »
bob makes a great bow, i have had about 10 of them and they have all been beautiful and performers.
Smoke

TGMM-FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline kestimator

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 04:31:00 PM »
Originally posted by Green:
These are outstanding TD LB's.  I was down at Bob's Thursday picking up my second Blueridge S/R. They're all I shoot now.  Quiet, very fast, extremely smooth drawing, and Bob's slender riser design fits my hand and shooting style perfectly.  Great father/son team who do outstanding work.  

Only a few days left until the end of his Christmas sale, and I left a few on the rack for ya!
What Rob says!!!
I got to shoot two of his today and they were super sweet!!
Have a nice day!
Kevin

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, 04:48:00 PM »
Originally posted by wv lungbuster:
I haven't shot one, but have been wandering about them also. The limb design looks like it would make a quick shooter. How far are you drawing the shorty TD Rob??
Jason - I draw 28", but I can honestly say the 58" bow has room to spare in this department.
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2011, 05:24:00 PM »
I shot with Rob Green and Kevin Davis, today.

Kevin tried to steal Rob's Blueridge. Rob had to shoot him with David Bishop's shotgun to get the bow back.

Nah, just fooling. However, Kevin (Kestimator) wants that bow!

Matt
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Two things that can never be taken back...Harsh Words and Time, Wasted

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 05:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by Green:

What Rob said is right on!!!! My Blueridge (mine is the long riser) is my go-to bow.

Bisch

Offline cnorth

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 05:36:00 PM »
Tks all for the replies...

TOELKE WHIP 50 @ 28, 64"     
BROWNING WASP 45 @ 28

Offline Benha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2011, 09:17:00 PM »
I have one. Excellent bow!

Offline kestimator

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2011, 09:21:00 PM »
I just got back from the emergency room.  Luck had it that David was using #9 shot and I will heal  :)   Yes.  I do want that 58" BR of Rob's  :)
Have a nice day!
Kevin

Offline TRADARROW71

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2011, 09:25:00 PM »
I see you have a Whip, and a Widow....I don't know, I've shot a superstion, and I wasn't that impressed.....I'd stick with what ya got!?

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2011, 09:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by kestimator:
I just got back from the emergency room.  Luck had it that David was using #9 shot and I will heal   :)    Yes.  I do want that 58" BR of Rob's   :)  
Kevin, I'm sure Bob will build you one just like Rob's!

Bisch

Offline mesquite

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2011, 10:40:00 PM »
I have three of Bob's bows!  Love them all!  My Bluerige SR is so smooth and fast!

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2011, 04:12:00 AM »
Kestimator - I still can't figure out why you tried to run off with that bow when I had Bishops competition Blaser shotgun in my hands.  As you won't probably be able to sit down today, why don't you call Bob on your cell and talk about what he's got in stock.    :laughing:

Offline kestimator

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2011, 08:38:00 AM »
Bisch and Rob,

I fear that I may have mislead you guys a little into thinking that I'm a high-roller.  I can see where that mistake could easily have been made with me showing up to the shoot with that vintage stable of bows (which if placed on an auction site, could probably net me somewhere in the range of $200 for the lot) and yes....I was sporting two quivers....so it is no wonder that your first suggestion for me would be to call up Bob and custom order a match to Rob's (almost my bow...ouch!..I just tried to sit in a chair without a cushion...honestly Rob..I didn't think that David would be passing a loaded gun around.) bow.  I much prefer to take advantage of some bow-trade-a-holic (yes...I'm comfortable preying on my own kind LOL!) or catch Bob at a mathematically challenged moment and then make him honor the outlandish "sale" quote that he has just whispered to me.  Bob doesn't always whisper quotes sometimes he will just hold up the price slyly by extending the number of fingers (equating his sale price) that he is willing to accept from me on that day.  One time I thought I had him down to one hundred dollars for a bow, but I was mistaken...anyway that's another story.  Where were we???   Oh yeh..I do believe that the BRs are worth there full price, but if I allow myself to just start ordering up custom stuff, I'm going to ruin the local market for us tight-wads.  Besides, Bob's not hurting for money.  I've been to his shop and did you know I saw three quivers hanging on the wall!  Yes!  Three quivers!!     :)
Have a nice day!
Kevin

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©