3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How many are been lucky?  (Read 550 times)

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
How many are been lucky?
« on: December 18, 2011, 08:06:00 AM »
Just for record,how many of you are been lucky to harvest a game?
I am curious to know how can be the success rate for a traditional bowhunter.
For sure many reasons are involved like how many days you have spent hunting,how much pressure in your area,how many animals are around and so on.
What make me to ask about this is that also there are a lot of members here,i don't see that many animals taken,maybe just not posted!
Thanks.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How many are been lucky?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 08:11:00 AM »
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline pauljr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 08:13:00 AM »
I havnt had any lcuk making meet this year. I hunted about 10 days this year (i work to much) and never had the chance to drop the string on a buck i liked. Last year was the same story. I can only hunt turkeys and deer so i dont shoot much game as the turkeys are way smarter than me and we just dont have many deer anymore. The last whitetail i took was 3 years ago.
PBS Associate Member

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I wont tolerate it" Woodrow F Call

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 08:22:00 AM »
I just haven't gotten out as much as I would like, and some of the property I hunt has received a ton of pressure the past couple of years.

So, no, I am dry.  My wife had a shot on a deer with her K-mag but it was unfortunately not recovered.  Based on the shot etc...I am 90% sure it lived and learned more than we did.

Our season ends Feb 5th but I can count on one hand the number times I will be able to get out between now and then.
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Offline Plumber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 08:26:00 AM »
I have taken 3 deer one of witch was my largest ever with a bow.I see deer 9 out of 10 hunts.however this year has been a little weird.
as far as how an when i see deer

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 09:06:00 AM »
I`ve sat in deer stands and blinds 72 times this year. Probably 2-5 hrs a time.Seen 51 deer and killed 10 and missed 1. I hunt areas that are hunted hard .A lot of public land and a gun area around home.Average shot distance is just under 10 yards.RC

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 09:11:00 AM »
Every time I kill something I feel very lucky.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 09:17:00 AM »
I don't believe in luck but rather the fact that I'm overly blessed when it comes to taking game...†
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 09:31:00 AM »
Maybe a poll thread would have been best for collecting this knowledge Felix. That way the answers would be anonymous.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, 10:13:00 AM »
I feel blessed every time I get in the woods much less see or kill anything..

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2011, 10:20:00 AM »
Yes Tom,I think the results can be useful for everybody,i have to figure out what to ask on the pool,thanks.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 11:12:00 AM »
This last year I have had my highs and lows. I had my worst turkey season I have ever seen but had my best elk season in years. I didn't kill an elk but had lots of action. I had to let several good mule deer walk because I wasn't lucky enough to draw a deer tag this year. I did post a duck I took on the wing a few weeks ago but thats it for me this year.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 11:24:00 AM »
Lucky ?   Did you say. . .  Lucky ?

Why,  none of us are lucky. .  just really good !
  :smileystooges:  

I am not as lucky as I used to be cause as luck would have it, my area now has CWD and the DNR has declared war on anything brown for many years.  I don't see near what I used to.

Luck was on my side this year however and I got one.

Thanks. .
ChuckC

Offline Swinestalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2011, 11:39:00 AM »
I have taken 2 nice bucks(both 9 points) and 2 wild hogs, one of which was over 500 pounds. I get to hunt virtually every day and consider that fact a true blessing.
Having done so much, with so little, for so long, I can now do anything with nothing.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2011, 12:23:00 PM »
No luck here....started in 1969, have had one shot, that was in 1971 and I missed. I still have yet to take a game animal with my Recurve or Longbow! KentuckyTJ, why would or should the responses be anonymous. If someone has not been successful it's not the end of the world! I'm living proof of that!   :notworthy:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2011, 12:30:00 PM »
I had a pretty good season. No elk, but a whitetail doe, buck, and a turkey. Now I will be heading south to scare some quail, and then looking forward to a hog hunt in the spring.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Online Dave Pagel

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2011, 12:31:00 PM »
I took 3 does and 1 buck this year during our Michigan season.  I did go to Colorado to chase elk, but no meat on that trip.  Maybe next year.

D.P.

Offline varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2011, 12:59:00 PM »
I was blessed to take a nice doe the 2nd day out this season.  I've only managed to go out 4 times this year.  Very very low for me, but with the kids 3 and 1 and working so much it has to take the back burner.  I still have a couple weeks left and should have time to get after a turkey(or whatever) once or twice for Christmas shutdown.
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2011, 01:02:00 PM »
My son and I each got Elk this year, and we shot numerous Hogs. Freezers are both full and we are eating as fast as we can to make room for the next ones.

Offline thunder1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2011, 01:14:00 PM »
I've got 3 deer down this year. Two of them with in 20 yards and one under perfect conditions at 35 yards. A friend of mine has two with his recurve.
No man ever stood so tall as when he stooped to help a child

David

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©