3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: woodsmen and vap broadheads whats the difference  (Read 402 times)

Offline Zbone

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: woodsmen and vap broadheads whats the difference
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2011, 03:36:00 PM »
Jameson - Thanx for responding, was the info I was looking for.

Thanx,
Gary

Offline DKdc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2011, 03:52:00 PM »
I was thinking about buying the original woodsmans because they are cheaper and I need to save money. Has anyone seen any difference in the two? I am looking at the 150s.
DK

Online Breakfast Boy

• Corporate Sponsor
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2011, 04:01:00 PM »
Originally posted by DKdc:
I was thinking about buying the original woodsmans because they are cheaper and I need to save money. Has anyone seen any difference in the two? I am looking at the 150s.
DK
By "any difference in the two", I assume you mean the standard Woodsmans versus the Snuffers?  Personally, I didn't notice any differences in flight or performance on whitetails.  I was shooting 150's as well (think the Snuffers came in 145).  Both really put a heck of a hole in a deer and left a HUGE blood trail (again, that's just my experience).  Keep in mind, I cut the needle tip off the standard Woodsman before using/sharpening it.
-Jameson

Membership Secretary
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

www.comptontraditionalbowhunters.com

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2012, 10:10:00 PM »
Killed a fair share of game including deer, hogs, and a bear with the original Woodsman and still have a dozen or so.  I like them, but I ordered a three pack of 200 grain 3 blade screw-in VPAs based on recommendations by GURU and Sunny Hill Archer right before Christmas.  I shot the heck out of them in the yard and really liked the way they flew.  The two deer I killed at Solana last week were with the VPAs.  I am thinking that they will be my go-to head for a while now.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Online Breakfast Boy

• Corporate Sponsor
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2012, 12:21:00 AM »
Originally posted by gregg dudley:
Killed a fair share of game including deer, hogs, and a bear with the original Woodsman and still have a dozen or so.  I like them, but I ordered a three pack of 200 grain 3 blade screw-in VPAs based on recommendations by GURU and Sunny Hill Archer right before Christmas.  I shot the heck out of them in the yard and really liked the way they flew.  The two deer I killed at Solana last week were with the VPAs.  I am thinking that they will be my go-to head for a while now.
FANTASTIC!  Glad to hear that you had a successful hunt and that you're happy with the broadheads.  That's what we like to hear!  Would you mind e-mailing me some pics so I can add them to the VPA website and Facebook page?  If that's okay, just e-mail me the pics to...

[email protected]

We would GREATLY appreciate it!  Again, congrats!

-Jameson
-Jameson

Membership Secretary
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

www.comptontraditionalbowhunters.com

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2012, 07:23:00 AM »
i've been using the original vented woodsman heads and really like them, but imo the VPA heads are just stronger, tougher, more solid and not vented.  time for me to get some VPA heads!  :thumbsup:
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©