3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Best value in trail cameras  (Read 503 times)

Offline wv lungbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Best value in trail cameras
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2011, 12:58:00 PM »
Yep those Covert ca3.0 are the best value in trail cameras. I plan on getting a few more in the spring.
>>>>PICK-N-STICK--->

Offline stickbowmaniac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2011, 05:25:00 PM »
Primos cameras.I have 2 of them 100.00 .best camera in my opinion.5000 pics on 1 set of batteries
Dryad Orion 58" 49#@28"
Static limbs
Kodiak Magnum    52" 50#@28"

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Offline wildgame

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2011, 05:31:00 PM »
Originally posted by Jim Rocole:
THe only problem I have had with the ca3.0 is besides having fingers that are to fat is during extreme cold weather the plastic on/off switch snapped off. camera still works but i have to use a paper clip to slide the switch. That said the pics are good and the price is right.
Give dlccovert a call and Joey or Dave will make it right!  :thumbsup:
"go afield with good attitude,and with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and the forest and fields in which you walk" -Fred Bear

Offline Ky Double Lung

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2011, 06:46:00 PM »
Originally posted by stickbowmaniac:
Primos cameras.I have 2 of them 100.00 .best camera in my opinion.5000 pics on 1 set of batteries
I think I am going with Primos myself.
Cactus Cal's
'Saguaro' R/D Longbow 58"
55 lbs. @ 28"
Beman 340 MFX Classic 31"
100 grain brass insert
2 blade 125 Magnus Stinger
Total weight: 592 grains
"Bustin' hearts all over Ky."

Offline RodL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2011, 07:33:00 PM »
I like the newer Spypoints, pretty good on batteries and takes some nice daytime pics, nightime IR pics are decent. I have the IR5 models, they run around $120.

Rodney

Offline DEATHMASTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2011, 09:01:00 PM »
The M-80 has a good review. I found them at wally for $109. Need to buy the blue batterys for it.
What about security cases? Anyone found nice ones?

Offline FarmerMarley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2011, 11:30:00 PM »
I think I might try getting some trail cams...Looks like a lot of fun.

Offline instinctivebowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2011, 10:35:00 AM »
has anyone been using the covert special ops camera? was wondering how well they work.
jeremy

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2011, 10:45:00 AM »
What Primos camera takes 5000 pics on a set of batteries?

I've been thinking of upgrading and battery life is a big issue. I'm going through too many C batteries now.

Thanks!
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline Lost Creek Bows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2011, 11:21:00 AM »
Primos 46 takes lots of pictures.I have had the 46 out since September, on the same set of batterys. It has took close to 3500 pictures and still has 87% battery life left. I have a M-80 Great camera but way harder on the batterys. Both are great for the money.
May the spirit of archery always be with you,and keep you young at heart.  www.lostcreekbow-com.webs.com

Offline Lost Creek Bows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »
    This is the M- 80 camera
May the spirit of archery always be with you,and keep you young at heart.  www.lostcreekbow-com.webs.com

Offline Canyon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2011, 11:34:00 AM »
Depends on your budget I have the Wild Game Innovations Red 3 sold at a Major Outfitter for 49.99 on sale. Below is a video from the cameras. Click on it to play. Quality is good enough for me and battery life has been great.

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight;nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety;is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free,unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Offline Lost Creek Bows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2011, 11:37:00 AM »
         This is the Primos 46 great camera, but it don't do well in super cold weather. The IR photos are a little on the dark side for my liking.

Offline flinter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2011, 11:40:00 AM »
Your timing is great. Next week those huge sporting goods stores are going to have trail cams on sale. Post hunting season / post holiday sale,

Offline Canyon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2011, 11:43:00 AM »
Another video from the same camera.

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight;nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety;is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free,unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Offline huntercole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2011, 03:19:00 PM »
I like the Bushnell trophy cams. I have an 8 mp one and it takes great pictures. I've had it out continuously for about a year and a half now and still on the same set of batteries. I haven't used many others, but it's my favorite so far.
Stalker Stickbows Wolverine FXT
Stalker Stickbows Coyote SL
Thunder Stick Mag
Toelke Whip

Offline LC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2011, 04:41:00 PM »
I have a Bushnell that takes great pics and is awesome on battery life. However I'm not so sure on the sensitivity of the motion detector. It adjusts by a wheel from 1 to 6 and there doesn't seem to be any difference in any setting. Heres the funny part I've installed security systems for most my life and couldn't tell yeah how many PIR motion detectors I've installed.  The reason I say it is that I get lots of pics of deer sometimes, both far and close, and then nothing when I know dang well theres been deer in close view of it either by seeing them there personally or watching tracks in the snow and NO pics. In fact I just last sat had a doe come in within 8 yards of it and I shot it with my bow. Thought man I'll have some great pics maybe even of a kill shot. NOTHING! Well actually got pics of me going to pull my arrow out of the ground! lol

Now I will add that I have buddies that "brag" about their cameras different brand but they have all admitted to the same thing. They feed corn at theirs and go and the corn is gone tracks in the snow and no pics. But then a week later the card is full of pics.

I just last year bought this Bushnell as my first and only camera. So not alot of experience with them but actually kinda disappointed in it. I do KNOW I'd not trust my game cam to protect my life or propery!
Most people get rich by making more money than they have needs, me, I just reduced my needs!

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2011, 10:35:00 AM »
Enjoying this discussion guys.

Anything more about the Covert?
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2011, 11:06:00 AM »
I have two older coverts and plan on buying several more of the newer models this year. Great cams and the best customer service on the planet !
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline wildgame

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2011, 12:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by instinctivebowman:
has anyone been using the covert special ops camera? was wondering how well they work.
jeremy
I'm real good friends with dave at dlccovert and he's been trying to get me to use one. I've been around his a little and so far it's worked great and I'm bout to give in, I'll put a review of it when I get one.    :thumbsup:
"go afield with good attitude,and with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and the forest and fields in which you walk" -Fred Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©