3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Caribow shooters.......  (Read 195 times)

Offline Gentry

• Trad Bowhunter
Caribow shooters.......
« on: December 19, 2011, 09:49:00 PM »
I had someone kind enough to send me there featherhorn to shoot. I like it and I want a caribow now. but would like to hear your opinons on what model you like better and why? What model do you think is the smoothest shooting, most forgiving ect,ect.? I will be ordering a 2 pc takedown and I believe Abe makes 4 models in a 2 pc. Help me out tell me the good, bad and ugly.
Gary Gentry
Cari-bow Wolverine T/D 62@28

Offline ArrowAtomik

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Caribow shooters.......
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 10:23:00 PM »
If you are looking for smooth, I think the featherhorn is the smoothest, especially for long draws.  I shot a peregrine once that just couldn't seem to miss.  The silver fox is an excellent bow as a 3-piece.  

I haven't shot the Wolverine, Slynx, or Tundra Wolf.  I think those are a bit more aggressive/ high performance designs and maybe better suited for shorter draws, but I'd like to try.  They are all elite bows.

Offline bow_man_66

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 10:28:00 PM »
I have shot several of Abe's bows and I don't know that you could make a bad choice. Talk to him about what you are looking for and I'm sure he can help you with a bow you will love. Great choice no matter which model you decide on.
May your arrow always fly true and your hunt be an adventure.

Shoot Straight,

Bow_man66

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 10:51:00 PM »
You'd be amazed how smooth his 58" models even are! I have a 62" Silver Fox that like all the rest is smooth and fast. Talk to Abe as he's likely the best source for your questions....Ryan

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 11:03:00 PM »
i own or have owned all of them but the Slynx. The featherhorn is probably the smoothest, but the Peregrine is my favorite,  i love it more than any of my other various makes and models when it comes to hunting.  It is the bow that goes to the woods with me 9 out of 10 times. You can't go  wrong with any of them though.
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline Ragin Bull

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 11:06:00 PM »
There is no bad and there is no way you will get ugly so that only leaves good and that is what you will end up with no matter which model you pick. Talk with Abe!
Graywolfwoolens.com

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Life Member of Comptons

Offline Gentry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 11:10:00 PM »
thanks guys I have never heard any thing but good about him and his bows. It was just hard for me to spend the money on one without shooting one first and now that I have done that I really want one.
Gary Gentry
Cari-bow Wolverine T/D 62@28

Offline newell38

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 12:47:00 AM »
Can't go wrong! I've shot the slim lynx, wolverine, and the peregrine...the peregrine was the sweetest shooter out of them 3...smooth and fast and oh so accurate for me!
"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
Endless loop strings, heavy bows, and wood and only wood arrows...my kind of archery!

Offline Piratkey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 06:23:00 AM »
I only know the Silver Fox model (3 pcs td) it's an very  nice and efficiency bow ( fast,accurate and forgiving).
Friend of mine shoot a Peregrine model,it's his best bow.

Offline Bluenose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 08:42:00 AM »
The Peregrine is top drawer and draws so smooth that all the rest of my bows seem to have taken a holiday. I have a 62" 45 lbs @ 29 and it shot completely through a small buck this Fall.  Any of Abe's bow's will give you all that you need but my first choice is the Peregrine.

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 10:05:00 PM »
Pete Ward did a review on the Peregrine and the Wolverine. Great reviews on both bows, nothing but good said about them.

Offline Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 06:54:00 AM »
I have a Slynx and like it better than any bow I have ever had and have had Hills,Widows,Palmer,Howatts,among others.Smooth and quick and quiet.I draw 29 inches
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 07:26:00 AM »
I hunt with a TD Featherhorn. I believe the current generation grip on this bow is the best I've ever held in my hand. I shoot this bow with 100% of the confidence I have in the finest recurve. It's my #1 bow for Alaskan big game hunts. If I could have another of Abe's bows, this time I would get....a Featherhorn! They're that good.

Credit to my friend and hunting pard Bryan Burkhardt for showing me the trail.....

Offline Hunter 709

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 08:01:00 PM »
I've shot a few of Abe's longbow models (Silver Fox & Wolverine) and I own a Tuktu recurve. I agree with the comments others have posted.  For me the grip of my Cari-bow is what sets it apart. Good luck with your choice, although you won't need any luck getting a keeper from Abe's line up.
Earl

"Now then, get your weapons, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me" Genesis 27:3

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©