3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: PA Late Season, and Two Friends  (Read 813 times)

Offline Lee Viv

• Trad Bowhunter
PA Late Season, and Two Friends
« on: December 20, 2011, 05:08:00 PM »
December 26th is the start of the late archery season here in PA.  I always enjoy hunting late season...this year will be special again!

At 5:45 on that Monday, I will be enjoying a Pa Dutch, all you can eat, gourmet breakfast at the Lititz home of DocNock!  Then we will load up my truck and head southeast for Chester County and White Clay Creek, trying to fill some deer tags...

We hunted there last January, and found some interesting areas...but the deep snow tired two mature(old) guys out rather quickly.  There will be no snow Monday, so we should be able to get through the day without a visit to the chiropractor, or ice packs afterwards!

Since I usually hunt alone, the company and conversation will be well worth it....plus I was always told to heed my elders!   :rolleyes:

Looking forward to a good time with a good friend...maybe we'll kill a deer or two, maybe we'll solve the world's problems, but probably we'll just enjoy each other's company for the day and that will be enough for me.....

The camera will be along for the trip, so stories and photos will surely follow on this thread!

here is a photo of Doc I found, it's from last year's hunt.....

Lee

Offline Ron Vought

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: PA Late Season, and Two Friends
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 05:11:00 PM »
Have fun Lee and good luck to you guys on Monday. I'll be a little North of you in Chester County.

Ron

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 05:39:00 PM »
Have fun and good luck.  I'll look forward to the stories.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline Brian CS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 05:47:00 PM »
I cant wait, I love the late season also what a great time to be in the woods. Good luck to both of you and be safe, hopefuly someone cant post some pics of a good hunt.
"Back to the basics"

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 05:55:00 PM »
Good luck guys!  I'll be down there as well, but didn't buy a PA license this year.  I'll just have to read the stories of you folks!
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 05:58:00 PM »
Best of luck to you guys , enjoy your hunt . Drew
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline khardrunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 07:10:00 PM »
Good luck Lee! I'll be hunting here near home with a guy who is newly converting to trad.
I Corinthians 9 24-25
...run in such a way so as to obtain the prize!

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 07:21:00 PM »
Is that Dr. Noc's good side.....   :notworthy:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 09:09:00 PM »
Ron, you bet it is my good side...but you wouldn't have known it that day... I don't think when that shot was taken, I had a "good side" left!

That was the walk out...I can tell by the stooped shoulders and shufflin feet. I was in agony.

I knew something was wrong since LAST Nov, but not what. Turned out I had spinal stenosis of L3 vertabrae and a bunch of other pinched nerves coming off the 220V line @ L4, L5, S1.

I had surgery in March... things didn't quite get 100% back and then tore a hammy out hunting mid Oct...so now the right knee is giving me fits, but a good walk will fix it.

With ole Lee driving, I can push it hard and writhe around in the truck and not risk us being kilt while driving in that condition... "if you only knew how much pain I was in last year, Lee, you'd have walked!"

I can only imagine what it'll be like if we'd connect and haul a critter out along one of the yuppified dog-walk, bunny hugger, jogger, biker paths on my 2 wheel cart... I might take my machette for back up!

But any day with Lee is an adventure! Just gotta watch where he is if'n you want to relieve yourself...him and that danged camera!  :rolleyes:    :knothead:    :nono:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Craig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 09:20:00 PM »
Hey good luck guys, I will also be going out Monday morning in Southern Chester County, but on private grounds.
Schafer Silvertip

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 10:42:00 PM »
Ha! I feel for ya, Craig.

You won't get to see the middle age bleached blonde gals joggin in spandex like we will!    :rolleyes:  

Course, you might actually see DEER!  :knothead:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 10:53:00 PM »
Doc no wonder you were in pain looks like your carrying everything but the kitchen sink.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 02:58:00 AM »
It sounds like a fantastic day is inevitable! Enjoy!
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Craig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 06:36:00 AM »
Doc, I only see them standing at the bus stop waiting for there kids bus as I sit in my stand. I use to have a place where I would watch a large screen tv with my binos.
Schafer Silvertip

Offline volcanomil

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 07:43:00 AM »
Good luck.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 08:15:00 AM »
Larry,

Habit ole man, habit.  Pack has a few extra clothes, so I can layer and change with changing air temps, water, lunch, ibuprofin I'm sure and my guttin kit.

The foam seat: don't leave the truck without it. Wear it on an old belt so it's "there".

It was one of those cold, clear days that was perfect aside from 10" of old snow that was a misery to walk in...

Craig,

Now, that's funny right there about the TV! NO tellin what else you might see when doing suburban hunting, eh?  :)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline mmisciag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2011, 08:37:00 AM »
Gents,

I will be out there on the 26th. Be safe and good hunting!

Martin

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2011, 09:04:00 AM »
Dr. Noc, after 3 knee surguries, arthritis and just getting old, I know how you feel. I have been blessed with no back issues. You just pace your self and have a good time!! And let the younger guys drag....LOL!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2011, 06:31:00 PM »
Martin,

You driving thru all that covered up in deer country to get to WCC?

You'd have to PM ole Lee, not sure where he's figurin on startin out.. Only there once last year with Lee after 10+ yrs away, so I forget the road names, but I did get to show ole Lee one haunt he never bothered with cause of the crowded parking lot by the creek...but it's 80% dog walkers and such... bushwhack a bit and saw some good sign in the snow... trick be seeing em in that thicket on dry ground.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline b44mag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2011, 06:38:00 PM »
im looking forward to the after christmas hunt myself first year with the bow instead of the smoke pole. good times with great friends.
enjoy and good luck hope you all fill your tags
safe hunting to you n yours

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©