3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bob Lee bows?  (Read 1187 times)

Offline mark67

• Trad Bowhunter
Bob Lee bows?
« on: January 14, 2007, 10:20:00 PM »
I'm interested in the T/D recurves? Any opinions on his bows? Are they fast, smooth and quiet?

Offline adeeden

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bob Lee bows?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 10:31:00 PM »
Yes, Yes, and Yes! There also great folks to deal with and have a very quick turnaround time. I ordered a signature series takedown on November 7th, and it was at my door on November 17th! I'm very pleased with it.
          Adeeden
"I would rather be lucky then good, any day!"

Offline Sawtooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 01:45:00 AM »
I second adeeden's comment.  I have two Bob Lee bows...a 58" Signature Takedown Recurve 45#@28" and a 60" Classic Takedown Recurve 51#@27".  I love both of them, and I say this after shooting quite a few bows before I decided on the Bob Lee.
"Me got no house; me all time moving; light fire, make tent, sleep; all time go hunt, how have house?"

--Dersu Uzala
  Sihote'-Alin Range, Ussuria,  

Offline LEFTY_ IN_ WV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 02:40:00 AM »
Can't go wrong w/ a Bob Lee TD Hunter, great bow. I've had only one bow for the last 6yrs, theres a reason it's a Bob Lee.  :campfire:
"Seek Quality Not Quantity"
>>>===LEFTYINWV===>

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 06:45:00 AM »
Mark67  I have had 2-Lees nothing but good to say about them.Check out my profile and view recent post titled Pic test new bow makes meat Shupic Hilton to see my new Bob Lee bow.My two Lees are and have been tough,smooth,and the grip fits my hand perfect after Ron tweeked it.Kip

Offline mark67

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 08:02:00 AM »
What type grip, my hands are small medium. A low, medium, or high?

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 08:49:00 AM »
First off it depends on how you hold the bow. Ya probably cannot go wrong with a medium and ya can tell the Lees your hands are not real big and they can slim the grip a bit. Now for the first three questions, they are not real fast but plenty quick enough. They are of average speed when looking at todays high perfromance recurves, they are however very smooth and ya can make them very quiet. I have owned several and ya will not find better people to work with on a new bow. Ya cannot go wrong with their bows. Shawn
Shawn

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 10:03:00 AM »
Mark you will like the Bob Lee grip if your hands are not big I have small hands and Robs medium with a 5" or 4 7/8 throat fit me perfect.I was close enough to drive and pick a grip that felt good on his stock bows and he copied it but one little high spot so I sent it back and he fixed it perfect for me now.Kip

Offline KyleAllen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 10:29:00 AM »
Ive never shot a bob lee that i didnt like. However the take down recurves are my favorite. My next one will be a take down elite.

Offline bm22

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 04:33:00 PM »
take down hunter.  55 @ 28 with a 450 gr arrow over 200 fps. it was 188 with a dacron string and 550 grain arrow so iwould say it is over 200 fps. great bow i love it. but i am ordering a sweptwing so i will see witch one will be my main bow and which will be a backup.
great bows tho

Offline billy on the road

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 08:40:00 PM »
My, Bob Lee is 40 +/- years old. I love it! It is a one piece recurve.
I bought it three years ago. The original strike plate,rug, and all the original ink - was/is still on it.
 I called them to learn a bit about the bow, and could not have ask for more helpful folks. They belong here on TG.
 The bow shoots fast,smooth and easy.
No, it's not a 2pc, but it's a Lee.
Good Luck. Shoot straight.

Offline David Alford

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2007, 11:59:00 PM »
One of the archery magazines recently had a bow test
of about 5 recurves. The BL's were one of the best performers, if not the fastest as I recall.

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 02:19:00 PM »
Outstanding bow for the money. Smooth, quiet and fast enough. Excellent customer service. Can't go wrong with a Bob Lee.

Offline RonL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007, 07:57:00 PM »
I still like mine, not as fast as my Black Widow but then it did not cost half as much.

RonL

Offline Desertman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 10:52:00 PM »
My Bob Lee Classic recurve is 60" in length and 56 lbs. of the finest traditional hunting rig a guy could ask for! But those most able to atest to  this statement are no longer with us. They include Elk, Javelina, (not Javie) rabbit and rattlesnake.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©