3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone have a Bigfoot Sasquatch they'd like to talk about?..Pics?  (Read 696 times)

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Just wondering if anyone has a bigfoot sasquatch longbow.

I'd like to hear more info on them and pics would be great.

Thanks     :thumbsup:
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone have a Bigfoot Sasquatch they'd like to talk about?..Pics?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 09:10:00 AM »
:thumbsup:
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline tradbower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 10:11:00 AM »
I would also like to hear what owners have to report and  see pics !!!!
          Pete
"Never to old to learn something new"

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 05:26:00 PM »
I have the onepiece recurve. It is extremely fast, very quiet and has as little shock,if any.

I have shot the Sasquatch takedown longbows and they shot extremely well.

You could check out the review section. There are reports and threads on them.

God bless you all and Merry Christmas, Steve

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 09:58:00 PM »
The Sasquatch LB one pic. if you don't mind me jumping on your post.

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 01:10:00 PM »
Zradix,

I haven't shot Kirk's longbow version of the Sasquatch yet, but the recurve is the finest, best performing bow I've shot to date, and that includes the best of the best.

I've been shooting a Big Foot Sasquatch 3pc recurve for several months now. I'm just as impressed with the bow today as I was upon recieving it.

Kirk's attention to detail is second to none. I'm very picky about the finish on my bows, and Kirk went the extra mile to get that polished bowling ball finish I requested. Some bowyers don't seem to want to do that, or they want to tack on another 50 bucks if they do.

Kirk's bows are truly custom from start to finsh, built by himself, so he has total control of the finished product. Kirk is a perfectionist by nature, and it definitely shows in his bows.

Performance wise....it's the best I've shot.
I shot 4 well known and highly respected recurves side by side, one after the other. All bows were within a couple pounds of the Sasquatch, with the Sasquatch being one of the lightest weights. I used the same arrows with each bow to keep the comparisons as close as possible.  I have never shot through a chronograph so I can't give you any specific numbers. My evaluation on any given bow's performance is how well the arrows hold up at different distances. The 4 bows I compared all  had about the same trajectory out to 20 yards, but there was a very noticable difference in trajectory from 20 yards on out. I was amazed how well the Sasquatch's trajectory was compared to the other bows. It is without question the flattest shooting bow I've ever shot.

Kirk required a hand tracing for the grip, and it came out perfect. The bow is smooth, quiet, and blistering fast.....what more can be expected from a bow? Speed isn't terribly important to me, but if you can get a bow that shoots nice, draws smooth, shoots accurate, it's nice to have the additional speed as well.

Kirk is very patient, has great communication skills, keeps you updated on your bows progress, and was a pleasure to work with, plus delivers the bow ON TIME!!!!

I'm not smart enuff to post pictures on here. I've done a lot of bragging on the bows performance, but it looks every bit as good as it performs.
Hopefully Kirk will see this and post some pics on my bow.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 01:23:00 PM »
Originally posted by billy shipp:
.... The bow is smooth, quiet, and blistering fast.....what more can be expected from a bow? Speed isn't terribly important to me, but if you can get a bow that shoots nice, draws smooth, shoots accurate, it's nice to have the additional speed as well.....

I agree!

Thank you for your post.
Merry Christmas!
   :campfire:

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 01:51:00 PM »
Zradix,

Do a search on Pow Wow for Big Foot bows. The thread is titled..............Big Foot in Texas, seriously
you can read my original review and see a few pictures.

Kirk may be off playing Santa Claus today.

Billy

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 02:33:00 PM »
Really pretty bow.
Nice review.

Thanks for the heads up
   :thumbsup:

Offline dragon rider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 06:52:00 PM »
Zradix,

Don't have any pictures but I have bow the one piece Sasquatch recurve and the takedown recurve.  As Billy said they're both smooth, quiet, and blistering fast.  There's no hand shock and shoot very flat - which I highly prefer.  I don't do well lobbing in arrows like mortar shells, so the flatter a bow shots the better I like it and I truly like Kirk's bows.  

If you're thinking about getting one, you can't go wrong.
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons; people are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Red Tailed Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 08:53:00 PM »
Kirks bows have peaked my interest for some time now.
I have heard many great things.
I'm drinking from a saucer 'cause my cup has overflowed

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 08:59:00 PM »
Yup... I've been out there trying to get a bow shipped out today and hopefully in Santa's hands before he pulls the chocks on his sled.

here you go John.  Here are some photos

This is the very first batch of one piece Sasquatch bows that i built. They have evolved a bit in design since then and i use different accent lines now.

The popularity of the TD Sasquatch has been much higher.  here are a few of those.

Offline Crooked Stic

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2011, 09:04:00 PM »
I was lucky enough to get one of the first TD longbows Kirk made on a swap on another site. We PMed each other some while the bow was being built. I figured out that Kirk has put a lot of effort in designing his bows. Mine is very well built. Performance is right up there with the best of them. Mine points good. The thing that impressed me most was after the shot-no vibration. Pics of it are on his site. The Mac ebony one with paduke stripes.
High on Archery.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 09:04:00 PM »
Here's the TD Sas RC i built for Billy.

and these are a couple of TD Sas bows i built for Paul along with another one that got shipped up to Washington state.

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2011, 09:08:00 PM »
I want the leftie Curly Maple 1 piece.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2011, 09:11:00 PM »
B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2011, 09:13:00 PM »
That is a blonde beauty.. nice small waist too.

Offline Bender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2011, 10:46:00 PM »
Recently I got to be one of the lucky ones to shoot Kirk Lavender's traveling Sasquatch longbow. As soon as I picked it up I knew that I was in for something different. Turns out it was a truly impressive kind of different.
I was pulling 46# @ 27.5" true draw.  Shooting a 364 grain (7.9 grains per # of draw weight.) arrow I made 180 fps.
Now that's all very nice but I had to put it in a way that really meant something to me. The best longbow I own is a Bob Lee. I hate admitting this, but for only 3# pounds more draw weight the Sasquatch shoots the same weight arrow 10 fps faster. Now that is a difference a person can really use. I know a lot of folks say that speed isn't everything. That's true. But hey, if somebody is just going to hand you several more fps, would you turn it down?
Right off I noticed a few things about the Sasquatch. It's short and it's light. The shortness really got my interest. Thought to myself that maybe this could work out as a good hunting longbow. I'll admit I was somewhat skeptical about how light it was at first, but more on that in a minute. The riser has finger grooves cut into it. I've shot several grooved risers. Never did like them. Gotta say though, Kirk made them work. First bow I ever shot with grooves where I actually like them. A few other people shot the bow and they also found the finger grooves well made.
I enjoy turkey hunting from a blind. I use a recurve. At 58" long this bow would certainly cause me to rethink my gear. I didn't get to take it hunting but I did get to take to a couple of trad shoots. That experience also got me to change my initial feelings about how light the bow is. The bow is quick to point, quick to aim, and it immediately reacts to whatever you want it to do. The shoots I go to always have a few "trick" shots. Shots I don't always make. The Sasquatch is light, quick, and responsive. No two ways around it, those qualities enabled me to make those trick shots at those shoots. Almost made them seem easy. I took a first at the Lodi Bowmen Gold Country Classic and a second at San Francisco Archers Traditional Rendezvous with the Sasquatch.
 When I got the bow dialed in for my arrows, there was a "thump" in the hand during the shot, but no real hand shock. Overall though, if you're looking for a bow to hunt with on Saturday, and then kick some butt on the range on Sunday, the Sasquatch would be well worth looking into. I believe Kirk has some bows available for potential buyers to test drive, but contact him through his website to make sure.
  http://www.bigfootbows.com/
Long story short I recently decided that I needed a D profile bow. This is my first new bow since '07. The first person I turned to was Kirk because of my experience with the Sasquatch. Kirk is making up a line of performance D bows to be called the Flatliner. I have one on order, we're thinking I'll have it by January.
 Another good reason to consider Bigfoot bows. Right now wait times are only a couple of months. But that could change given the excellent bows he makes.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2011, 01:50:00 PM »
Here is a post from a recent customer that asked to to put this up for him.

Hey, Kirk just wanted to say thanks for the the take down longbow you built for me. The fitment and finish are flaw- less as well as the quality of the materials that you used. This was the 60 inch take down long bow with carbon limbs,  [email protected]  it draws smooth as any bow I have ever shot. The performance/speed from this is amazing and I truely believe that this is the fastest in my stable of bows which includes to custom static tip recurves, this beast seems to shot by itself with little effort from the bad operater and is surprisingly quiet for all the power you have harnesed in those limbs. Well the only down fall that I have found was that now I ordered a second bow from you with double carbon limbs but a man can never have to many bows specially ones that kick ass in every aspect of looks and performance from a true custom bowyer. Thanks again and I cant wait for my new toy after the first of the year.  

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2011, 02:37:00 PM »
that looks NICE!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©