3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wild Traditions DVD......thumbs up!  (Read 1382 times)

Offline Jim Neaves

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • https://centaurarchery.com/
Re: Wild Traditions DVD......thumbs up!
« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2012, 10:37:00 AM »
Hey guys,
the credit goes to Heath Helgert of H2O Productions. He certainly has a way of making it all flow together. He was the guy who put this whole thing together. He is also the same guy who put the Bucket List show together on the Sportsman Channel. Great job Heath!

Offline Big'n

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: April 12, 2012, 11:22:00 AM »
Folks, it was a blast making this dvd. I'm glad yall have enjoyed it. I never was big on filming until this little adventure. I'm sold. Filming hunts is a great way to share your hunt with the world.

Heath Helgert, our editor/producer, is one of the best in the business. Though relatively unknown, he is slowly rising to the top of the heap. Most editors are computer nerds (no offense) . But Heath is a first class killin guy who knows how to hunt and therefore knows what we all wanna see. His vision in this industry is extraordinary. We all look forward to seeing what he has in store from project to project.

I know many of yall carry a cam to the timber with you now. If you have any thoughts of making your own dvd? Then you orta look ol Heath up. (Now, while he's cheap! Lol!)

Sorry to get on my soapbox. I just don't think the guys behind the scenes get Enuff praise. While we were out having fun, trying to kill critters, Heath was sitting at the computer trying to peice together the broken fragments of footage. He really is good at making chicken salad out of chicken crap! Lol!

So again I'm glad yall have enjoyed it. I know I enjoyed being involved. It was awesome! (No pun intended Toby).

We've already got quite a bit of footage put together for the second dvd. If the Lord wills and we have a good season starting this spring thru the fall, we should be able to put another dvd out shortly.

Thanks again, and God bless, Dave
"If you want just one thing too much in life....Your life will likely be a disappointment" Augustus McCrae

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: December 25, 2012, 04:43:00 PM »
Just bringing this one back up for a great video.

I got my copy for Christmas this year and I must say that I think I enjoyed it more than any other video I've owned/seen.  It keeps things real and is something the common traditional hunter can relate to.  There's some nice animals killed, but antler size is not a driver when it comes to killing an animal.  Also, the guys get excited and show emotion after the shot, but it's nothing like the jumping up and down, hootin' and hollerin', Billy Bobs you often see on televised shows.  For anyone producining a hunting video, this one should be used as a template.

I hope to see a Wild Tradition II sometime in the future!!

:thumbsup:      :thumbsup:      :thumbsup:      :thumbsup:
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline Alaskantransplant

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: December 25, 2012, 06:44:00 PM »
Great DVD. All trad gear used by regular guys on regular hunts. Really liked the do it yourself bear. Reminded me of growing up back home in Alaska. Top notch for sure. Would be cool to sit around the fire with those guys.
Diamondback Custom Venom Longbow 62”43#@28”

Offline oulibeez

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2014, 07:44:00 AM »
Just reading this thread & looking forward to getting my copy. Looks like everyone enjoyed watching.
Will be very different as we can't hunt in the UK. Bet we will be wanting a trip over there after watching it !

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2014, 01:00:00 PM »
I have watched mine at least 9 times.  Just don't seem to get tired of it.  NIce job on the DVD!

Online South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2014, 01:24:00 PM »
Hey, Little Yimmy (lol) by the way that is a Veggie Tale Character my Granddaughters really enjoy those videos (and me to).

It's 2014 now and i had a poor season as far as meat taken but really would like to see a new Wild Tradition video any updates?
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2014, 10:56:00 AM »
Just FYI for those who have not viewed Wild Tradition...

If this DVD can't get you excited about traditional bowhunting...

NOTHING CAN.

:D

IMHO, one of, if not the best movie made about the subject out there.  Though I admit I'm a big Centaur and Jim N. fan also LOL
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©