3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wild Traditions DVD......thumbs up!  (Read 1384 times)

Offline knobby

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wild Traditions DVD......thumbs up!
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2011, 03:53:00 PM »
NBK, I got mine yesterday and it's worth the wait. Very well done.
 I also received my Traditional Bowhunter magazine yesterday and my Trad Archers World the day before. Almost like Santa paid a second visit!

Offline NBK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2011, 05:46:00 PM »
Mine came in yesterday.  Great job Jim.  Excellent hunting footage, great music, and obviously done with reverance and respect for the game.  Again, well done.
Mike

"I belong anywhere but in between"

Offline Montanawidower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2011, 05:56:00 PM »
Watching mine tonight with a friend.  Looking forward to it after reading all of this.

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2011, 08:39:00 PM »
The mail has been held-up here with the main road washed away, but it has reopened today. I suppose the post office will be pretty busy trying to catch-up.
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline Jim Neaves

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • https://centaurarchery.com/
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2012, 05:03:00 PM »
Back up for 2012!

Offline dragonheart

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2012, 05:07:00 PM »
Great video!  Thanks for a classy, refreshing, and entertaining hunting video.  You fellas put some effort into this one and it is appreciated.
Longbows & Short Shots

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2012, 05:09:00 PM »
Overall 2 thumbs up! I was confused though when the footage of those huge mulies came up and then it went to the Whitetail segment. The script was a bit distracting for me also. Maybe these old eyes are just not used to that fancy lettering! Definetely one of the best hunting videos I've seen in a long time!
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2012, 05:52:00 PM »
I agree. I got mine a few days ago. Excellent work for a 1st effort. I might even say "awesome".
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
    - Doug Lawson.

Offline Jim Neaves

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2012, 01:02:00 PM »
I think the producer was just trying to show good b-roll of deer before he rolled into the actual hunting footage which happened to be whitetails but I can see what you are talking about. Probably would have been better to have footage of whitetails right before it flashed the word "Whitetails" on the screen.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2012, 01:05:00 PM »
Got mine today .......   :thumbsup:    :notworthy:   Well done, very entertaining........
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2012, 08:04:00 PM »
I enjoyed the video.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Jim Neaves

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2012, 08:38:00 PM »
Would like opinions on what some of you would like to see if we do a second one.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2012, 08:50:00 PM »
IF YOU DO A SECOND ONE.....I think it's mandatory that is a number 2.....lol. Just keep it real like the first. I really liked the bear that rolled down the hill after running just a short ways.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline DuffyRP

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2012, 10:48:00 PM »
Just ordered my copy.
United Bowhunters of Illinois
Traditional Archery Society
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Hummer3T

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2012, 09:29:00 PM »
Watched it today, Awesome job Jim and friends.  One of the best traditional videos I have seen.  Worth the $ and time to watch. I will likely enjoy it many more times.

Jim in a second one, I like to see more closeups of kill shots, hits. More lead up to the shot (the hunt or adventure).  I think you may need a dedicated cameraman if you are going to do this.  I think you guys did a great job with some self filming, I have tried this myself and it is one tough job and you did it well.
Life is about learning from your mistakes!

Chek-mate hunter I 62" riser with 60" limbs 49&42lbs@28

Samick Sage 62" 50lbs@28

Big Jim Mountain Monarch Recurve  60 inch / 50 lbs @ 28

Offline Jim Neaves

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2012, 09:59:00 PM »
Hummer3T, I think your right about the designated camera man. Was out tonight and filming myself. Everytime I went to draw on this doe, I would have to take my hand off the camera and put it on the bowstring. She was nervous and she would look at me. I would stay motion less until she would look away. As soon as she looked away, she would walk. My hand was off the bowstring and back on the camera to keep her from walking out of the frame. This happened over and over. I thought about backing up a little with the zoom but then you would not really get to see the impact of the arrow. When I finally got the shot I slightly backed off the zoom and led her with the camera........and the arrow.LOL Right in front of her by about 1/2"
Boy would it have been a cake walk had I had a cameraman!

Offline Hummer3T

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2012, 10:07:00 PM »
Jim, I have been trying for years to get footage for a video, Not sure how guys(gals)do it by them selves.  I have either gotten some footage or a shot, not both.  Unfortunatly I usually try for both and get nothing on either end.  You had some great footage and shots on your video.  Again great job, I'm looking forward to your next work.
Life is about learning from your mistakes!

Chek-mate hunter I 62" riser with 60" limbs 49&42lbs@28

Samick Sage 62" 50lbs@28

Big Jim Mountain Monarch Recurve  60 inch / 50 lbs @ 28

Offline medic77

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2012, 10:11:00 PM »
Jim, my only complaint is that you didn't smack that big buck roaming around in several of the scenes.  I mean, geez man, you could try a little harder next time.  Great video and I really love the campfire segments that have some true emotion coming out.  
                                                 Derrick
You're Off to Great PLACES!
      Today is YOUR day!
You're MOUNTAIN is Waiting.
  So....Get on Your WAY!  - Dr. Seuss

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2012, 01:27:00 AM »
Awesome film! I would've liked to have seen more information on that boar that got smacked. But it was great to see that heavy Hill in action. That fellow sure can shoot that Hill!
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline Yohon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2012, 07:23:00 AM »
More footage like the bull elk shot out of the treestand......Ive watched the DVD a bunch and STILL keep goin back to that shot....to me that captures what its all about!!!!! To me when I watch a dvd and catch my heart racin as things unfold or sayin WOW over some scenery or a nice lookin wild buck movin thru the timber then I know its for real and thats all you can ask for. The players can be about anybody or any place, its the "real" factor that sets things apart and you guys hit a home run with that! That 'real' factor is also going to be the reason its going to take 3 more years to see another DVD from these guys.....its alot of time/work to get that kind of quality but I'm sure it'll be worth it!!!!
"Take the time to take your time and enjoy the trip." Mike Bolin

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©