3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Checkmate?  (Read 208 times)

Offline TOEJAMMER

• Trad Bowhunter
Checkmate?
« on: December 24, 2011, 10:33:00 AM »
Does anyone have any information on what happened to Checkmate?  I know it sold to the bowyer who made the bows for them for years and he was relocating.  He suspended orders ostensibly until he got it up and running.  Now they have disappeared and have been removed from the sponsor listing.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Checkmate?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 12:13:00 PM »
Marc Moriez is the bowyer/owner and still making bows.  He has a couple "hot" models such as his short "Beaver Creek" longbow keeping him busy filling orders.  Cascade's "Brush Hawk" that he makes is also in demand and tough to get.
Lon Scott

Offline TOEJAMMER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 04:29:00 PM »
Thanks Lon.  Mystery solved.

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 09:27:00 AM »
He cut off contact with many dealers (U.S. and Canada) with no warning and for no apparant reason.  I was their top dealer for a while, and I got cut off.  Phone calls are not answered, e-mails not replied to.  Attempts at finding out why have not produced anything.  I was a dealer in good standing for over a dozen years.

The mystery is definately not solved for many of us who worked with CM for years and years and sold hundreds of their bows.

Wish I knew what was going on.  One of the best bows I've ever shot, at a price that was hard to beat.

Chad

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©