3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Couple questions with my first ILF rig  (Read 226 times)

Offline Pokerdaddy

• Trad Bowhunter
Couple questions with my first ILF rig
« on: December 24, 2011, 10:18:00 PM »
I'm just getting into ILF.  I bought a nice Teton Extreme 15" riser from a TG member and TT Black Max limbs (50# mediums) from another member.  Today I received the limbs and went to attach them to my riser.  My questions are how should the coupling work/look?

The limbs are "thinner" than the riser they butt up against.  Do I need additional hardware?  How should the connection look?  Are these limbs and riser even compatible, even though they are both ILF?  Also, is there any adjustment with the bushings or are they static/fixed?  I'm not sure where there should be gaps, if any.

Also, the above photos were taken without the bow being strung.  I'm not going to attach a string till I'm sure I know what I'm doing.

Thanks for any input.

Andrew
Michigan Longbow Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Bowhunters
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
US Army 1992-94

Offline L82HUNT

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Couple questions with my first ILF rig
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 10:26:00 PM »
In the pic it looks like the bolt is tightened all the way down. Loosen it 2 full turns if it is.  When you first put the limbs on the should have made a snap sound once there set, make sure its pushed all the way down, looks like it is.   They look different at first but no worries.

Offline iohkus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 12:06:00 AM »
Looks like there are plastic washers missing
under the limb bolts. On my Morrison, even with the limb bolts screwed all the way down, they are still parallel and flush with both the limbs and the riser.
Hmmmmm. I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I'm
not sure that what you heard is what I actually meant!

Offline shortstroke 91

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 12:28:00 AM »
If you don't want to string it yet just pull dowm on the limb tips and see if the butt comes up. It looks to me like your bolts are turned in too much, I'd give it enough turns that the washers are flat on the limb when strung and use that as my lowest setting.
shortstroke 91
TBOT Life Member

"BLOOD MAKES THE GRASS GROW"

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 08:29:00 AM »
I could be wrong but I thought that riser came with limb bezels and washers that were flat on one side to slide down along the riser wall instead of levering like they are.  It would be easy to fix them if you have a sander.

Just grind off enough of to fit down inside the riser.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Pokerdaddy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 08:34:00 AM »
Thanks for the input guys.  I backed off the limb bezels and washers to make them flush with the riser at the top and tried a few shots.  Wingnut, I think I'll order a second set of bezels and washers from TT and grind them off on one side and try that, too.  Will the lowest setting be achieved when I get the limbs lowered down to flush on the bottom?  And is that where I want them to sit?  

Thanks guys, and Merry Christmas!!!
Andrew
Michigan Longbow Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Bowhunters
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
US Army 1992-94

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©