3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Thank You Dick Wightman  (Read 177 times)

Offline mikebiz

• Trad Bowhunter
Thank You Dick Wightman
« on: December 25, 2011, 06:44:00 PM »
I just want to take a moment to thank Captain Dick Wightman for selling me one of his personal longbows named "Look At Me".  I purchased the bow to give to my girlfriend for Christmas and she loves it.  It is her first longbow and one that will give her a lot of joy for many years.  Dick is a truly talented craftsman and one hell of great guy.  I feel truly honored to have been able to give one of his personal creations a good home.  

Thanks Dick!  You're the man    :thumbsup:
   :archer2:
"...and last of all I leave to you the thrill of life and the joy of youth that throbs a moment in a well bent bow, then leaps forth in the flight of an arrow." - Saxton Pope

Offline Ontario Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Thank You Dick Wightman
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 07:05:00 PM »
Sounds great!, Nice that your girlfriend is joining you in your passion. Good on Dick too,,
Black Coffee, Red Wine, Blue Waters, Green fields, Yellow sunsets,Whitetailed Deer,, All the Primary colors of Life ,,,.
I don't choose the deer, the deer chooses me.

Offline john gilbert

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 11:53:00 PM »
Dick Wightman is a great guy. Few years back, I bought a bow from him. When I called to let him know I sent the money order, and he should see it in a couple of days, he says,"Oh, you should have the bow today, I sent it a few days back". Class guy right there.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 07:49:00 AM »
They just don't come much better than the Captain.

Truly a class act if any are.

Thank you for telling others.

God bless,Mudd

PS: editorial comment- It is really easy to tell others when we feel someone has wronged us in some way and often forget to say anything when done a "good turn".
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline david janssen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 07:59:00 AM »
David Janssen

Offline david janssen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 08:01:00 AM »
Yes Dick makes some beautiful bows.
David Janssen

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 12:11:00 PM »
Haven't seen Mr. Wightman on lately. Hope all is well. Know he has a full plate. Best your way Dick prayers included.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline mikebiz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 04:39:00 PM »
For those interested here is Dick's build page for the bow I purchased from him.  It's name is "Look At Me".  Cherry Riser with Red Elm limbs.  68", 33@28.  

Note that this bow was originally a knuckle shooter, but I had Dick cut a shelf into it.  He did a wonderful job.  I couldn't be happier.  

http://www.dickwightman.com/archeryactivity/bowbuilding/gallery/lookatme/lookatme.html
"...and last of all I leave to you the thrill of life and the joy of youth that throbs a moment in a well bent bow, then leaps forth in the flight of an arrow." - Saxton Pope

Offline Davesea

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2011, 04:57:00 PM »
Mike,
Great. Looking bow. What arrows are you going to use with it?
Dave
"Anyone can make a bow, but it takes skill and experience to make an arrow"  ISHI

Offline Davesea

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2011, 04:59:00 PM »
Mike,
Great. Looking bow. What arrows are you going to use with it?
Dave
"Anyone can make a bow, but it takes skill and experience to make an arrow"  ISHI

Offline mikebiz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2011, 05:41:00 PM »
Davesea,

Well I put together some Carbon Express Predator IIs in 2040.  I refletched some of Kristen's old one's that I bought when I got her the recurve she was shooting.  I also had some new Pred IIs that I fletched for her.  Now the fun starts.  Tuning, which I hate.  Here are the arrows.  At least they look nice    :)

Offline Davesea

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2011, 06:00:00 PM »
Mike,
If your wife wants to shoot wood arrows (noticed you're a HH fan) let me know the length and grain weight she needs. I will send you a half dozen wood arrows that are made specially for lighter draw weight bows.

Dave

Offline mikebiz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 06:35:00 PM »
Whoa, whoa, whoa, Dave.  She isn't my wife.  Just my girlfriend.  Don't get me hitched too quick    :D

That's a really nice gesture.  I sen't you a pm with some questions.  I really appreciate the offer.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©