3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bucket list  (Read 295 times)

Offline Kituwa

• Trad Bowhunter
Bucket list
« on: December 26, 2011, 12:20:00 AM »
Ok, a week ago i had to go to the ER because i had been feeling real bad and then was having chest pains too.So while they did several tests,EKG,blood tests and was asking me lots of questions, the doc says he better do a chest Xray.Well, back when i was a teen i was working on a farm and had to knock some molded soybeans off the walls of a grain bin and clean it out.The dusk and mold made me very sick and i ran a high fever and coughed up blood for a few days. Because of that i have always had some bad scar tisue on the limph nodes in my lungs that shows up on an xray.Well the xray last week showed a change for the first time so they think it has turned to cancer now.Anyhow,,i have always thought it would be cool to have a 59 bear kodiak because that was the year i was born.As luck would have it, the 59 model is the most sought after collectors bow so they are way beyond my reach.So for my bucket list wish i was wondering from those who have shot them, would a bear polar 59 model shoot good like the 59 kodiak? The polar is something i would much sooner be able to scratch up the money for and i thought i could put a leather grip wrap and the grooved leather side plate and feather rest and it would even somewhat look like a kodiak.

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bucket list
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 12:25:00 AM »
Sorry to hear this bud. I wish you the best in obtaining your long sought after bow and the days of your life be filled with joy and wonderful times.

God Bless
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 01:36:00 AM »
Best wishes in locating that bow. Praying for you

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 05:59:00 AM »
Really sorry to hear of your health struggles, and pray that it all turns out ok for you.  

I haven't owned one (or a 59 Polar), but I would think a closer substitute to the Kodiak would be a 59 Grizzly.  The Grizzlys were 62", and have more reflexed tips than the Polar.  

Go to the History/Collectors forum and do a search for 59 Grizzly - lots of information there and a bunch of people that could give a better answer to your question.

Good luck both with the bow and your health!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 06:46:00 AM »
I sure wish I could help with the Bear but I think what I have was made after that but I'll get Trap to look at it and if it's what you need, it's yours.

I'll be praying for you as well.

God bless, Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Kituwa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 04:38:00 PM »
Thanks everyone.I am only 52 years old but i have had a full life in many ways.I could sit up all night around a camp fire telling hunting stories, camping trips,3 day canoe trips,flyfishing in the mountains,,,and still never tell them all.I have 7 kids and 6 grandkids too so i have always had company in my outdoor adventures.
Mudd, does your bow have roughly the same profile as a 59 model? Someone has a bunch of bear bows for sell in the classifieds and if you look at the pics he has of two 59 kodiaks, a 59 grizzly, and a 59 polar, the polar comes the clossest to the kodiaks.The grizzly has a much longer riser.I have been looking at old bear bows for sale on several other sites for a long time but most times they dont have listed what year they are.My first two real bows i had as a kid were a pearson hunter and a bear grizzly.I think the grizz was a late 60's bow but not sure.I remember my hubting buddy back then had one just like it.They shot great but we always drooled over the sexy pics of kodiaks in the hunting magazines,lol.There was an old man that owned a hardware store in Macon ,MS where i lived.His store was full of stuff and lots of old stuff, very old.He had hundreds of boxes of paper hull shotgun shells, old Peters brand.They smoked a good bit compared to modern shells, not black powder,and had a distinct smell.I can still smell it when i think of it.He had old cane fly rods, silk lines,,you name it.That is where i bought my bows at too.I can remeber like yesterday the first deer i took with that bow.I was kneeling on the ground in a thick palmetto patch and a doe stepped into view at around 30 yards.I aimed behind his should and let the arrow fly.I could see the arrow like in slow motion as it headed perfectly for my aim spot but just before the arrow got there the deer swapped ends in his tracks and the arrow struck her head on in the chest and burried to the feathers.I watched the deer run about 20 yards and crash.In our community back then shooting a deer with a bow was a rare thing so i was a famous person that year,lol.Aahhh, i think i need to get up with a bunch of you guys and sit up all night swappin huntin and fishin tales,,,it dont get much better than that.

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 05:03:00 PM »
Matthew,

I can't help with the bow, but I will add you to my Prayers for a positive outcome with the health issue.

Sounds like you would be great company at the campfire. I'm adding a few nights around the fire with you on 'MY' Bucket list. You're now top of the list, in front of a longbow Turkey and a Hog.

Please visit the "Prayers/Concerns..." forum.

Dan
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline onewhohasfun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 05:12:00 PM »
P M Sent
Tom

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2011, 05:24:00 PM »
Dan I'll take a picture of it and send it to you but I think it's a 70's model.

It doesn't matter to me, if it'll fill the bill on your bucket list I'll send it to you in a heart beat.

After you look at the pictures of it just say the word.

God bless,Mudd
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2011, 06:13:00 PM »
You're in my prayers also.

My first real bow was also a Pearson Cougar. Killed the first live deer I ever saw with it when I was 16.  My second real bow was a 56" Grizzly. Those were righties. I'm a lefty these days.

Offline Red Tailed Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2011, 07:29:00 PM »
Prayers sent Matthew. Wish I had the bow your longing for!!!
I'm drinking from a saucer 'cause my cup has overflowed

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2011, 08:30:00 PM »

If this will help fill your bucket list brother just send me your mailing address.

God bless,Mudd
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow

Offline Reaper TN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2011, 09:25:00 PM »
Mudd....I used to have a Kodiak Hunter like that, I'm pretty sure thats a 70-72 model.
TT Pinnacle II  45# 62"
Hoyt Excel  50# 64"

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2011, 11:41:00 PM »
I will be happy if it will work out to fill the desire regardless of the year.

God bless, Mudd
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow

Offline Kituwa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2011, 11:51:00 PM »
Its great Mudd! Thanks so much and thanks too for all the prayers everyone.
I will return messages as soon as i can.I took my neurontin and then forgot it and took another a few minits later and my head is spinning so bad its hard for me to concentrate. I hate that stuff but i dont have a lot of choice but take it.
Thanks,
Matt

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2011, 11:53:00 PM »
I'll get it out to you ASAP!

Take care of yourself, like getting your meds on time...lol

God bless,Mudd

PS: The spirit of Christmas is alive every day.
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2011, 01:30:00 AM »
Mudd, I've watched your generosity the past couple years, and I tip my hat to you, and you are making a difference, God bless you.

Offline MTArrowLauncher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2011, 01:55:00 AM »
Mudd,

When i tell people about this site, and how much i love it and the amazing  people that are on it, you are always in my mind when im explaining it. You are an amazing person and we are privilaged to have you here, although i have only talked to once or twice on here i read most of the posts, and i look up to you simply based on your actions, which of course are all that matters.

To the OP, i wish i had that bow to give ya, and prayers for your health to improve.

I love this site, you are all amazing

Fin
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2011, 02:03:00 PM »
It is headed to the P.O. this afternoon, I will PM you the tracking number.

Praying that 2012 will be a year of many rich blessings for you!

May every day for the rest of your life be a CHRISTmas day for you!

Happy New Year and God bless, Mudd

PS: Thanks guys for the kind words.
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2011, 03:11:00 PM »
Warm fuzzies.    :campfire:

I have to agree with Whip, the 59 Grizzly is nice.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©