3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bow Suggestions  (Read 100 times)

Offline Fafe

• Trad Bowhunter
Bow Suggestions
« on: December 23, 2011, 01:07:00 PM »
Hi, to all my new "tradgang" friends. Although, I've been lurking for quite awhile, this is my first post....be gentle(LOL).
About me: I'm 59 and decided to try Trad archery again after a 25-30 yr. hiatus and before my shoulder completely goes. Right now, I'm shooting a Samick Sage @35 lbs. which seems to be working pretty well now with my torn rotater cuff(left).
Thats OK since I'm really only planning to shoot target, 3D, etc. not hunting. I'm not anti-hunting at all, I just probably don't have the patience. If I wanted to "upgrade", what would y'all suggest. $300-500 range. Should I think about a strictly "target bow"?Yuck! I've been reading about the "ILF" systems..makes sense. I could easily go with a longer bow, 62"-66". I'm not ready to buy now so I have plenty of time. Just trying to examine all sides of the issue.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 06:55:00 PM »
Hi Bob, probably would do better with this posted on PowWow. I'm sure you'll get plenty of ideas and suggestions over there. Happy Holidays.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline fmscan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow Suggestions
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 09:51:00 PM »
Bob, STRONGLY suggest going to ETAR Eastern Trad. Archery Rendevous in July in PA. You can shoot hundreds of bows... you can try every type of bow and REALLY know what is best for you. Just a great time. Google it for details.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©