3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Bear Takedown Feedback?  (Read 300 times)

Offline Bishop

• Trad Bowhunter
New Bear Takedown Feedback?
« on: December 28, 2011, 11:16:00 AM »
Hunting the late season with my Granddad's Kodiak has made me remember how cool the old Bears are.

How is the newest version of the takedown? Anyone care to share their experience with it?

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Bear Takedown Feedback?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 11:52:00 AM »
After shooting one at a trad show last March, I ordered an A riser with #3 limbs and am very satisfied with its looks and performance.

However, after reading on other sites, some of the owners are not too happy telling about cracks in the riser, loose fitting limbs,  and stress marks forming on the limbs.  

The good news was that Bear has been replacing the faulty bows under warranty, but the hassle has to be frustrating for the owners.  I'm watching mine closely and so far, so good.

I hear they are coming out with a bubinga TD for 2012, but I believe I would wait to see if any glitches appear before jumping in the water with a new model.
Lon Scott

Offline Bishop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 01:32:00 PM »
It wouldn't be fun to have problems but glad to hear Bear is standing behind them.

You would never be able to find out the actual percentage that have issues.

Offline OBXarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 02:24:00 PM »
I bought both an A and a B. Now have 3 set of limbs. No problems at all. I reshaped the grip on my A to make it more like to old ones and it is hands down my favorite bow (with #3 limbs on it).

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 03:27:00 PM »
Those new buginga td's with white tip limbs look awesome.

Lon Scott

Offline Bishop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 03:32:00 PM »
It's a good looking bow. 3Rivers has the bubinga limbs listed.

Thanks OBX!

Offline elkhunter45

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 03:36:00 PM »
I would love to have the bubinga model, but I have also read of some problems with the 2011 models. The fact that I don't have an extra $800.00 right now also plays into the scenario.
Predator Custom 60" 47#@28"

Offline Bishop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 06:14:00 AM »
Anybody else have one?

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 08:00:00 AM »
On December 15th I stopped in at Gainsville and placed an order for the new Bubinga TD in A with #1 Limbs. I'm hoping, since mine was their first order, it won't take 3 months like last year.

I've asked for a more narrow throat in the grip but don't know if they will do this or not. It is difficult for them to track "custom" requests through their system.

I had the Black 2011 last year (the aforementioned 3-month wait). It was a great looking bow, built well, and shot well. The grip was just a bit too beefy for me (fat in the throat). My limbs fit perfectly.

I prefer a grip between 4/5-5.0" in the throat. The 2011 TD was 5.25".

Offline bswear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 03:48:00 PM »
I have last years model in an A and ordered the new Bubinga B the same day I found out they were available.  Could it crack? Maybe but life is too short to wait around for some alleged issue to clear itself up.  I am shooting #3 Rose Oaks that pull 59# at my 31" draw.  I have other more expensive bows but the takedown is the one I shoot most and for now the one I  prefer.

Some guys like to claim the older Grayling bows are better but for me I would rather shoot a new riser than a   40 year old one that costs more and would make me sick if it broke.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©