3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: FirstLite Wool Pants?  (Read 154 times)

Online Lucas K

• Trad Bowhunter
FirstLite Wool Pants?
« on: December 28, 2011, 01:44:00 PM »
Has anyone tried the wool pants from First Lite? I have the longjons and am trying to decide on the next layer. If you have them, how are they holding up? is the weave tight enough? Would you recomend them?

Thanks!
Lucas Kent

Offline longbowray

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: FirstLite Wool Pants?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 04:22:00 PM »
I'll be watching this one , on web site today looking at them myself .  :campfire:    :coffee:
BOWHUNTTER FOR LIFE

Offline Ulysseys

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 04:37:00 PM »
Do you mean the base layers or the Gila pants?  I use the Gilas and love them although I've heard some mixed reviews; mostly due to the fitting.  They were lighter than I thought they would be initially but have become my go to pants more or less.  I wore them in Montana in May for a week of spot and stalk bear hunting; a week in Colorado in September elk hunting, and countless times deer hunting in my home range of PA and NJ.  They're durable and have nice suspenders and don't really seem to stink during the more hardcore hunts.  I'm glad I bought them.
Type inspirational or witty quote here

Online Lucas K

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 04:53:00 PM »
Yes I mean the Gila or the Kanab pants thanks Ulysseys that is what I'm looking for. Any others?
Lucas Kent

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 06:14:00 PM »
Lighter than you may think.   Not for cold weather.  Both have sizing issues.  The Gila much worse than the Kanab.  The Kanab ASAT for this year also had coloring/die problems.  Overall the concept is good, but I wish they would get them to the USA and get the sizing figured out.  I wear a 36 X 34L jean and their Gila 2XL is still too small, and the Kanab 2XL fits better but still has a strange fit in the crotch.
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline anw0625

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 10:50:00 PM »
The Kanab is the newer pant and the Gila is the older model.  The Gila is the worst in the sizing issue.  They are aware of the sizing issue and trying to fix that.  They are a good pant but as said they are lighter weight so if you decide to be in cold weather in a stand I would look at something different.  But if you like to walk like I do they will suite you just fine.
Stalker Coyote LongBow
Habu DeathAdder
German Kinetics "German Made"
Black Eagle Rampage

Offline Michael Pfander

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 09:32:00 AM »
TTT on the fabric weight.  They work great here.  But I sure wouldn't use them where I grew up.  The nicest thing about them for me is they are quiet and don't pick up much in the way of burrs.
MAP
Map
PBS
BHA
P&Y

Offline Robhood23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 11:13:00 AM »
I really like them as well. They are pretty thin and would not recomend them in cold weather!
The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right!!!

Offline Steve Kendrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 12:57:00 PM »
I have the Kanabs and love them, but they aren't cold wx gear. I couldn't find a pair of gila pants that fit (I'm a 38x34). The Kanabs were he redesign of the gila following the sizing issues. Not sure if they are going to discontinue the gila or not.

I have returned for exchange the Kanabs due to some holes and fading issues. The rip stop prevents tears from getting larger, but these aren't brush buster durability.  Otherwise, I love these pants. Apparently there is a button down  shirt in the same material in the works for June 2012.

Offline Ulysseys

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 03:53:00 PM »
I think the comments about the fit of these pants can be subjective b/c my pair fit me perfectly.  Just depends on your build I guess.
Type inspirational or witty quote here

Offline bbell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2011, 06:11:00 PM »
I have chicken legs so my Gila pants fit great. Any bigger though and they would be to tight. I love my pants though. Great early season wear.
Brandon

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©