3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What tradganger do you want to hunt with?  (Read 2055 times)

Offline Migra Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What tradganger do you want to hunt with?
« Reply #140 on: January 01, 2012, 11:08:00 PM »
I got to share a campfire with Barry, Gene, and Mike Mitten at Denton Hill. I could sit there for hours and just listen to them talk.

As far as hunting, it would have to be the guys I spend cyber time with in the history/collecting forum. Bowdoc, Wade Phillips, Philip Leone, Jack Shanks, Jack Millet, Copicaso, Mike Shaw, oldskoolarcher, crookedstick

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #141 on: January 01, 2012, 11:48:00 PM »
I have been blessed and had the pleasure of hunting with some great local Tradgangers:  Lenny Brown, Doug Campbell, Mark Baker, Dave Johnson, Hunter Rung, and Randy Morin, to name a few.  I would enjoy hunting and sharing a camp with most everybody on this site but there are a few that I would to like follow around for a couple of days to see how they do it.  No need to hunt, just to be there to observe,  learn, and share a camp fire so I could pick their brains.  They are:  Curtis or RC for hogs, Ferret Wy for elk,  Tracy, Barry, Gene, and Rodger for Whitetails, or Steve H for anything in Alaska.   However, the one at the top of my list would be running the kitties with Robin Severe.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #142 on: January 02, 2012, 09:21:00 AM »
Danny Rowan. His generosity has touched my friends and I in the past.

Online Breakfast Boy

• Corporate Sponsor
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #143 on: January 02, 2012, 09:40:00 AM »
Well, German Dog is a dear friend of mine and I've already hunted with him a few times, but I'll list him again and always.  We have a lot of fun together.

Also, Boomerang is at the top of my list.  He and I should be finally getting together to chase some rabbits this Saturday (I'll take pics and post up once it happens).

Then of course the Wensel brothers, just because they seem like they would be fun.  My dad and I are considering attending the Pig Gig hunt next year.  Hopefully that'll work out.

Last but not least, there are several PBS members that I want to hunt with, but not sure what they're TradGang handles are.

Heck, I would love to hunt with just about anyone that has a high level of ethics when bowhunting with a stickbow.
-Jameson

Membership Secretary
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

www.comptontraditionalbowhunters.com

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #144 on: January 02, 2012, 09:52:00 AM »
all very cool I think,, I think even though I'm born and bred in inner city Boston, Ma. I would fit in well with the Trad hunters from the south and east of the mississippi, the hunting & fishing , the way of life, the food, I was born in the wrong part of the country.... I finished those  delicious frog legs  now pass the squirrel stew...oh and I always have been a sucka for a lady with the southern accent..

but I'd like to hunt with Tony Sanders in MD,, hunted in SC with him and he's someone I'd love to hunt with again PLUS it was the 1st time in my life someone said grace at my dinner table now I keep a small pocket bible that was giving to me at the fair in my flannel to read while on the stand, I think tony changed my life a bit.  

also Larry Burford in Arkansas I still have some pics of his hunts. and I don't have any certain name but I'd like to hunt hogs with someone who is strictly selfbow like dean torges was (or still is) but I'd love to do a selfbow only hunt for anything with someone who lives and breathes primitive archery, I do dabble in it but I want more!
"Us vs Them"

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #145 on: January 02, 2012, 09:55:00 AM »
daniel and Matt - If it makes you feel better, I'd like to hunt with you guys.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #146 on: January 02, 2012, 10:08:00 AM »
Boy! Where to begin? Others have already said it, but I always enjoy meeting Tradgangers so any one of them would be great. I do have a few in mind though. These are people I haven't met... yet.

Katie, because we are two like minded women with similar circumstances.

Pat B, Mudd, Biggie, Ray Hammond, Charlie Lamb, Ron LaClair, Gene and Barry Wensel, Mike Mitten (just read his book I got for Christmas btw) just to name a few.
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #147 on: January 02, 2012, 12:37:00 PM »
Special stuff T-17! Good on Tony! Thanks.

Forgot Mike Mitten. Always try best to be as grounded & connected.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #148 on: January 02, 2012, 02:31:00 PM »
I would like to hang out with Joe Skipp and RC for a few days. I'm perty well self taught, but would love to have a mentor!!

Jason

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #149 on: January 02, 2012, 02:31:00 PM »
I forgot the Rothaars!
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline Seeking Trad Deer

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #150 on: January 02, 2012, 02:31:00 PM »
Pinecone
The Lord is my Shepherd

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #151 on: January 02, 2012, 04:12:00 PM »
I've had the honor of meeting, sharing a fire, flinging arrows at foam animals and hunting with many of the fine TG members.......way too many to list here.  I'm better off for knowing each and every one of you.

Charlie Lamb's stories had me coming back to this web site time and time again.......long before I ever joined. I would be honored to share a hunting camp with him....just to hear those stories told over a camp fire.

:campfire:
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #152 on: January 02, 2012, 07:52:00 PM »
Gregg Coffey
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline limbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #153 on: January 02, 2012, 08:14:00 PM »
RC,Ron LaClair,Big Jim,and many more than I have space for.....lots and lots of great people here.

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #154 on: January 02, 2012, 08:33:00 PM »
Buckeye Hunter, Moose eye Levi, Alex Boester, Longbow Logan, Tony Phillips, Troy Breeding, BGhunter, Don Drummer. Hope to see yall soon if not see you in november. Greatest guys on the planet to hunt with. Also Miranda Drummer. Shes so up beat.  :)
Ohio Society of Traditional Archers #830

Tracey "TREE" Trickett 2 Pricly curves 3pc & pricly ash longbow won @ Great Ohio Rabbit Hunt

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #155 on: January 02, 2012, 09:04:00 PM »
Grinch and Pon - you honor and humble me (hope I didn't miss anyone else who did). thank you so much. Me? I can't imagine not enjoying a hunt with anyone good natured and friendly. Mostly i just want to continue being able to hunt, as long as possible.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline wv lungbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #156 on: January 02, 2012, 09:10:00 PM »
Which ever one will take me to there honey hole.    :D
>>>>PICK-N-STICK--->

Offline Jesse Minish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #157 on: January 02, 2012, 09:13:00 PM »
There are many but Steve Gorr is someone I hope to hunt with one of these days.

Offline Ontario Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #158 on: January 02, 2012, 09:19:00 PM »
Harl and Journeyman,, They would pass on all the big bucks and let me take them , ;-)
Black Coffee, Red Wine, Blue Waters, Green fields, Yellow sunsets,Whitetailed Deer,, All the Primary colors of Life ,,,.
I don't choose the deer, the deer chooses me.

Offline Elksong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #159 on: January 02, 2012, 09:20:00 PM »
Well I just noticed this thread and noticed my name on here a couple of times. Thanks! I was surprise, as I really don't post that much, not much to say I guess....? I myself wouldn't mind hunting with about any of you guy's. Ferret makes my short, short list because I want him to show me the indian shelters he has pic's of!
What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts also happens to man. All things are connected. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the children of the earth

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©