3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What tradganger do you want to hunt with?  (Read 2064 times)

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What tradganger do you want to hunt with?
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2011, 12:13:00 PM »
Just rec'd mail from the Muddster who's generosity, compassion, & bow trading are well known. It'd be a hoot Roy!

Far as folks I don't know; anybody in Oz or NZ! Ben K, Ben M., Andy, & Jeff B. all would be special hunts. Draw down on a buff or red stag would just about ruin me for good! Never tire of Shedrock's pix & posts. That dude can get it done! Allan DeVore, Robert Schelznik, & best for last Ron LaClair. Might be easier to note ones I wouldn't hunt with. Man, ain't this place great!!?
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2011, 12:28:00 PM »
This is kinda easy for the most part because I'd pick the guys that see the most critters and the species that I can't get around here.

First on my all time list would be Gene and Barry Wensel. Mostly because I've been watching their trad videos since back before I had even shot a trad bow. Barry just blew my mind when he stuck that buck right in the bisquits running full tilt on a deer drive and I wished that someday I could do that. I'd hunt with Barry or Gene for whitetails or hogs anytime, anywhere, Period.

KS Trapper cause he's always got some awesome giant whitetail pics to show around.

FerretWYO for my thirst to chase elk with a bow hands down.

RC "The Hog Man" no doubt!

Then after I wake up and snap back to reality I'd most like to hunt with any one of my friends and y'all know who you are, but I'll list some and just pray I don't forget anybody.

ArtB - Anything at all because I'd enjoy the visit more than the actual hunt.

RoyfromPA- Because I think doing anything with ol Roybert would be an adventure, and I'd just like to kick him square in his arse one time for being a crotchety old fart!   :thumbsup:
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2011, 12:59:00 PM »
I changed my mind it would be Gene and Barry Wensel. I can still picure in my mind in the video Hunting October Whitetails one of them making that running shot on that buck.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2011, 01:07:00 PM »
Most anybody here. And that's the truth!
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2011, 01:09:00 PM »
I have met and shot bows and the bull with a bund of Tradgangers, hunted with a few hope to do so with a bunch  more! Mudd is on the top of my list, we would have a ball together, Kentucky TJ and Lowe Bowe I would too, live within 2 hours of one another, need to gete together, and Bluegrass Bowhunter, Mark Murphy and his clan to be for sure. Not to mention several of my friends in Tennessee.  HOpe to get together to shoot, hunt, cook and eat great food with a bunch of fine folks on here!
samuel koger

Offline david janssen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2011, 01:10:00 PM »
I would like too spend some time up at Shrew Haven with the guys.
David Janssen

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2011, 01:31:00 PM »
Terry Green, just because he looks like he knows how to have a good time in camp and is our loyal leader. Longbowben and Magnus make my list because we live in the same state and I have never hunted with either of them.

I was lucky enough to be in camp with The "Real" Bow Doc, Barry Wensel, Tom Phillips, Larry Surtees and a number of other outstanding guys at Bear Quest 5. That was an experience not to be traded for anything. I highly recommend a hunt like that. All trad baby!

Offline chopx2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2011, 01:40:00 PM »
1. Anyone who will put up with my snoring! (ask Doc Nock before comitting to hunting with me...lol)
2. Anyone who like to cook and cooks better than me!
3. Anyone who has a honey hole for HOGS!!!!
TGMM-Family of the Bow

The quest to improve is so focused on a few design aspects & compensating for hunter ineptness as to actually have reduced a bow & arrow’s effectiveness. Nothing better demonstrates this than mech. BHs & speed fixated designs

Offline LoweBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2011, 01:48:00 PM »
Originally posted by chopx2:
1. Anyone who will put up with my snoring! (ask Doc Nock before comitting to hunting with me...lol)
2. Anyone who like to cook and cooks better than me!
3. Anyone who has a honey hole for HOGS!!!!
:readit:  

DITTO!!!
Backwater Bowfishing Pro Staff.
MossyOak Pro Staff.
They can have my bow when it's pried from my cold dead fingers.

Offline Butch Speer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2011, 02:04:00 PM »
Would like to hunt hogs with RC. Would love anyone to help me hunt with Mudd & keep him settled down.   :scared:
God Bless

Butch the Yard Gnome

67 Bear Kodiak Hunter 58" 48@28
73 Bear Grizzly 58" 47@ 28
74 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45@28
Shakespeare Necedah 58" 45@28

Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of pleasures, costs nothing, and conveys much.
- Erastus Wiman

Offline MikeW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2011, 02:16:00 PM »
Am not much of a deer hunter any more
But I would love to hunt just about anything else with just about everyone on this board. Would love to go Turkey hunting with someone who really knows what they are doing.
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Offline Jim now in Kentucky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2011, 02:24:00 PM »
I'd enjoy shooting the breeze with any of you, but I don't know if you'd like hunting with me--haven't shot a deer with a bow in my life.

There are some of you I would really like to work on bows or arrows with. A few who seem to think in minimalist modes.

I don't want to pick any names publicly, but the pragmatic minimalists and deep thinkers would be high on my list to hunt with.

Some of us are clearly thoughtful and caring people. I hope to meet more of you this spring and summer by going to some gatherings near western Kentucky. I have things squared away enough after my move that I think fuel costs will now be the factor that governs my travel decisions.

Jim
"Reparrows save arrows!"

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he that cometh to God must believe that he is and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

Offline elk nailer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2011, 02:28:00 PM »
elk nailer wants to hunt with Gila.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2011, 02:37:00 PM »
I have been very fortunate to hunt with many fine men of TG.  Too many to list and they were always a good time.  We are blessed to have this melting pot to share our love of hunting with the traditional bow.

With that said, I'd like to get out with any of the Wyoming boys;  Shedrock and Ferret WYO especially.  Also, for years have been trying to coordinate schedules with Whip, Duckbutt, Steadman, and Steve H.  It is NOT easy!

Offline tuscarawasbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2011, 02:49:00 PM »
I would hunt with anybody here but if I had a list of guys to tag along and learn from, even for an hour it would be in no paticular order:
The Wensel brothers,Mike Mitten, KentuckyTJ, Bisch, The real Bowdoc, Wade Phillips, and Ranger B. Prolly a whole lotta others that I am forgetting.....

Offline Butchie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2011, 03:01:00 PM »
That's easy.....Uncle Barry....no question!
"Don't worry about the old blind mule, just keep a load in the wagon!"

Offline pauljr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2011, 03:10:00 PM »
I would love to hunt with Charlie Lamb. Something about that guy that im drawn to. Seems a whole lot of experiance to learn from.
PBS Associate Member

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I wont tolerate it" Woodrow F Call

Offline WRV

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2011, 03:13:00 PM »
Too many to name but want to go with Keith Zimmerman hunting somewhere for sure!!
Morrison Cheyenne TD 60" 50@28
Black Widow PSAX 60" 53@28
BUNCHA BIGHORNS
Genesis 27:3

Online Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2011, 04:16:00 PM »
Someone just told me about this thread. I am truly humbled by you guys placing me and/or Gene on the list. Give me a break.. I lucked out on a couple great shots and stumbled into a few nice bucks in my day and people want to go hunting with me? Thanks guys. Like Terry said, you'll need to act fast, but I book all the slots for the Wensel Brothers Pig-Gigs. We were already sold out but I have recently had some cancellations. I just went through the listings and see well over a dozen TGers already booked on the various hunts. We are only allowed to take "X" number of bowhunters on each hunt. I have some tent/camping slots available on all four hunts and a few with bunks available too. Gene and I are present, in camp on all four hunts so there's usually plenty of time to share a campfire. All the info is listed on our  www.brothersofthebow.com  website so if it'll fit any of your schedules drop me an email at [email protected] and I'll let you know what's available. We'd love to share a fun time with you guys too. Happy New Year to all. BW aka Uncle Barry

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2011, 04:29:00 PM »
Hey Uncle Barry! I don't know if I'd like to hunt with you... Just maybe watch the way you eat watermelon!  :D

You Are My Hero! (This week, anyway)

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©