3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What tradganger do you want to hunt with?  (Read 2060 times)

Offline DGF

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What tradganger do you want to hunt with?
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2011, 06:12:00 PM »
Although there are many I'm going to throw Bill Langer onto top of my list. From what I can see in his videos he seems like a real class act.

Offline Jim Boettcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2011, 06:28:00 PM »
Yeah, Bill and Dick Langer would be great to hunt with. They have so much fun on their vidoes. Kentucky TJ too, man that dude kills some impressive bucks and on a regular basis. Of course Gene and Barry Wensel, they're living legends. But in all honesty, I would break bread with any of the fine members here. We all share the same fire in our souls.

Offline smokin feathers

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2011, 06:57:00 PM »
im looking forward to spending a little time bowfishing and maybe a little knife making with the wilsons this spring(hopefully larry will show up too!!) after that would love to do bear quest with bow doc and uncle barry.
Smoke

TGMM-FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2011, 06:59:00 PM »
all of em.  any of em.  

Especially my buddy John who moved away and I don't get to go play with him much any more.

ChuckC  :dunno:

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2011, 07:03:00 PM »
and. . .  be careful around Uncle Barry. He has the worst luck when it comes to cactus and pigs.

Be very very careful. . .

BTW  the GiGs are fun hunts.  I was there last year and am going back this year.  No he won't run one past you (he might RIDE one past you), but he has some good spots with good chances for success. .
ChuckC

Offline Plumber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2011, 07:13:00 PM »
boy talk about a wish list biggie hoffman.,buff rc,kentuckytj,gene&barry wensel,an tons more.but I really wish I had the money to just fly all over to meet everyone an hunt my butt off.I dont know any of the ones I have picked just like reading there post or they have made me laugh an I love to laugh.

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2011, 08:16:00 PM »
thats easy, Ron Laclair!!!
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline far rider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2011, 08:39:00 PM »
Wow! What a tuff question. Hate to even begin to narrow it down, as I would share a camp with any of you. My good buddy Mudd, Luke Strommen, Gerald Sparks (GRS), Charlie Lamb, The Wensels, and Mittens, Biggie, Guru, Ron LaClair, Rob D., and about 30,000 others on here.
Noli rogare pro onia pauciora, rogate pro scapulas latiores.

I go afield with bent wood, stick and string in search of serenity  through my primal quest.

Venatôr

Offline COLongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2011, 08:52:00 PM »
Ok, here's my revised wish.

I want to hunt with Mudd, with a bow that Raging Waters could pull, in the Wensels' hunting property, with Charlie Lamb looking over my shoulder giving advice, shooting a BW/ Tall Tines hybrid, and I want Terry Green to edit my post with pics by Elksong.
BW PCH III

His servant

Offline killinstuff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2011, 08:56:00 PM »
I've shared camp with many guys on here and look forward to many more. Barry and Gene tell great stories, RC knows the GA swamps like he knows his own house, Hunt It is going to kill something, you can bet on it,  Hog Dancer is the southern gentleman, Bow Doc, well he's Bow Doc (and a great camp female dog), Gene Carol would give you the shirt off his back and there are a bunch of other great guys I've had the pleasure of hearing their stories and sharing a beer or two with them.  It;s been fun
lll

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2011, 09:00:00 PM »
Dang, thanks guys you've made me blush. I would like to spend campfire time with any of you as the few I have met at shoots have been very enjoyable for me and I always step away wishing for more time to share.

It's funny the cycles your hunting career goes through. When I was young I was all business in the woods and very secretive. I have definitely changed as a man and as a hunter in the past few years and our cyber campfire we have here has had a lot to do with that. Now I am entering the phase where the campfire is becoming very important and sought after for me.

Now can I play? In no particular order.

Fred Cioffi
Bill Dunn
Jake Barboza
Allen Shafer
Ryan Steadman
Biggie Hoffman
Andy Ivy
Terry
Curt
Larry Surtees
Shedrock

If I could ever spend time with Charlie Lamb I would definitely take my notebook.

Finally even though I have shared 100 campfires with my bud Lowebow I look forward to 101. He's the best and If any of you ever get a chance to be with him you should jump on it.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline kestimator

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2011, 09:23:00 PM »
I'll cast a first vote for Sam Stephens, even though I have already hunted with him.  He was there for my first Trad Whitetail.  I'll gladly share a day anytime I can get away for hunting or visiting with him.  His company is top notch!!!  He gladly shares what he knows and is especially kind to children of all ages.  I've said it before.  He is a great ambassador of bowhunting and the outdoors in general!!!  
Sure!!  Who wouldn't want to hunt with Terry Green, Charlie Lamb, or many of the other "notables" on this forum!!  This place is made up of great folks sharing a great passion!!!  
Fun Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)
Have a nice day!
Kevin

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2011, 09:37:00 PM »
Matt,
 Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, I ain't in the mix either...lol. I would be honored to go hunting with you and promise not to look up your skirt as long as you don't hop on my lily pad !! ......  :campfire:  

Froggy
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2011, 09:57:00 PM »
I would like to spend some time in the woods with Mudd, Butch and Loyd. I don't care if its only setting around a fire. Them some good folks
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2011, 10:03:00 PM »
I would just like to find somebody from my neck of the woods that shares the same interest as I do. I hunt with traditional gear only and it sure is hard to find somebody that has the same passion.

Jason

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2011, 10:14:00 PM »
Originally posted by Froggy:
Matt,
 I would be honored to go hunting with you and promise not to look up your skirt as long as you don't hop on my lily pad !! ......   :campfire:  

Froggy
ROTFLMAO!!!!

Matt
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Two things that can never be taken back...Harsh Words and Time, Wasted

Offline Shedrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2011, 10:17:00 PM »
Wow, I am humbled and amazed several of you folks would like to hunt with me of all people!

My choice would be all of you. Ethics are one of the top things I look for in folks, and everyone here really seems to have that going for them.

If I was wealthy and didn't have to work, had 365 days a year hunting time, I would travel all over our great nation and hunt with you all.

Happy New Year Everyone!
Member of;
Comptons
Pope and Young
PBS
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
and Life member of Bowhunters Of Wyoming

Offline kestimator

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: December 30, 2011, 10:27:00 PM »
Originally posted by Raging Water:
For the record, my feelings are "officially" hurt. No one picked me......

Could it be; fear of going into the woods with a feller wearing a Man Skirt and a Robin Hood hat???

Matt
Matt,
You know that you have an open invite from me to join us for some pig hunting at Granger.  Kilt/skirt or whatever, you'll have to wear some hunter orange  :)   Knowing how tough you really are, I'll not be the one questioning your manhood in regards to your dress  :)  LOL!!!  However, you might just want to wear something under that skirt for warmth and to ward off ticks  :)
Have a nice day!
Kevin

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2011, 10:32:00 PM »
Matt I picked you,I said I would like to hunt with any member that includes you,but you can't wear a Man Skirt in Alabama,out ticks would put a permanent hurting on ya.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2011, 10:40:00 PM »
Well, I have an invite to hunt hogs with northoz at his place down under that I would sure like to do. Also, although we have met, I'd also love to get back to Alaska to hunt black bears with saltwatertom. We did some shooting in his back yard, but didn't have time to hunt when I was last up there.

Of course, a hunt with RC would be a blast as would a hunt with Mudd. I think sharing a campfire with Killdeer would be a hoot. Spending a few days with Nate Steen would be an experience to remember...Hill style shooting tips and back quiver building advice...priceless.

There are a number of guys and gals I'd love to meet, if for no other reason than to shake their hands. This is such a great group, I don't think there is anyone here I wouldn't hunt with.
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©