3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Base model Tall Tines takedown arrived  (Read 641 times)

Offline William Lyon

• Trad Bowhunter
Base model Tall Tines takedown arrived
« on: December 30, 2011, 02:02:00 PM »
My new Tall Tines arrived Tuesday and so far I am extremely pleased. Before ordering I had never shot a Tall Tines and did not know Brian Wessel but both came highly recommended by a friend. I now know why. Brian did a great job throughout the process and delivered a bow that I am totally impressed with especially being a base model. Specs are 54# @ 28” on a 58” bow. The short riser is charcoal with some really nice lines in it. The limbs are clear over brown stained base wood.
I started out with a Black Widow in 91 that I shot for years. Over the last 5 years I have hunted with a Bob Lee and a Timberhawk. All 3 are great bows but this Tall Tines is a new favorite for me personally. The grip forces my hand into the same position on each shot. It just simply fits better than any other grip Ive used. The bow has absolutely zero hand shock and was easy to tune. It shoots best for me with a 7.5” brace height. I was shooting with a friend and he commented on how quiet the bow was. Also after he shot it a few times he said “that was weird….nothing moves but the string” ha . The bow is very smooth and zips an arrow with authority. We start rutting here in AL in a few days so hoping for an opportunity at a good one with it.
I totally recommend this bow and bower to anyone. As a matter of fact I think I will go ahead and get on the list for my backup. Happy New Year guys!!

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Base model Tall Tines takedown arrived
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 02:22:00 PM »
Congrats on the new bow.

Tall Tines are excellent shooting bows.

You're exactly right on the grip....the grip ridge puts your hand in the same place shot after shot. To my thinking, Brian has the best grip going.  :clapper:

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 02:22:00 PM »
:readit:    :campfire:
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 02:26:00 PM »
Yes Brian does an excellent job on craftsmanship and won't settle for anything less.  Can't wait to see pics.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 02:42:00 PM »
Now you have done it.  Hard to stop at just one TallTines!  Best thing to do right now is get a snazzy one ordered and then send your base model to Billy Shipp above and get it Camo dipped...

I too want to see a few pictures of your new TT    :thumbsup:  

I am supposed to have some pictures coming of some checkering Brian has been doing to my longbow riser and hopefully a few recurve shots as well.

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 04:00:00 PM »
I just recieved my new TT this week and am in love with it, I shoot it just as well as my Brack Quests and my Silvertip.

"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 04:46:00 PM »
And  THAT would be a snazzy one!    ^^^^^^^^

Offline flint kemper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 06:02:00 PM »
Danny, what are the wood combos on it? Very nice.

Online varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 07:23:00 PM »
Danny, that's pretty much the bow I'd want to get from Brian!  Nice!
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 08:10:00 PM »
Not surprized in the least that you are pleased.

Congrats!!
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 08:23:00 PM »
Hey Wiiliam--I see you are a new member.  I can teach you how to post pics or if you e-mail me, could post them for you.  Just click the little envelopes next to my name.

Offline Lin Rhea

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 08:44:00 PM »
When I ordered my TT I opted for the base model as well. Not sure why, except I figured I would be less likely to be worried about scratching it or something. Thus I would more likey take it to the woods. It may be a base model, but it sure is pretty. I got the charcoal actionwood riser with a Walnut stripe and black glass limbs.

"We dont rent pigs." Augustus McCrae
ABS Master Bladesmith
TGMM Family of the Bow
Dwyer Dauntless longbow 50 @ 28
Ben Pearson recurve 50 @ 28
Tall Tines Recurve 47@28
McCullough Griffin longbow 43@28

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 08:44:00 PM »
Nice bow, if you don't mind how do they compare to the Silvertip as they look a lot like one.

Offline Jack Guard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 08:47:00 PM »
Lord you guys are killin me.  I promised myself i wouldn't buy another bow.  Man, i stink at keeping promises.

A Tall Tines is on my short list.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 08:54:00 PM »
Whittler,

Your comment on the TT's looking like a Schafer is a common one upon first glace, but there is a tremendous difference if you had the bows side by side.

I'm not knocking Schafers at all because I own two, but for what I like in a bow the TT's are a cut above.

William. Your bow may be a Plain Jane model, but it will shoot just as good as the most expensive bow that Brian could possibly build.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 09:00:00 PM »
I think I may have the most "base" TT ever built.  No frills at all cause I built it to be dipped.  Almost had second thoughts as BW's black glass is SO nice

But Billy's predecessor did such a good job and I know everything is all sealed up tight under it when I am in places like this

Offline rjackson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 09:46:00 PM »
Your gonna love that TallTines. Your right the rut is getting started I killed a 8pt today working a scrape.

Good luck,
Randy

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2011, 09:52:00 PM »
Hey Whittler,

Owned more than several Schafer's, just acquired a Tall Tines 3pc 58" 52#er, Walnut riser w/ Charcoal and black phenolic, limbs are camo with the same look as what Schafer doe's w/ Max1 Realtree on the belly and back under clear glass and antler burr bolts. I must say it has the best recurve grip I have had in my hands to date. I feel it's quicker and just as smooth on the draw as the Schafer. Fit, finish are as good as any along with being quiet, a hard hitting bow. I had been wanting to try one for some time, had the chance to pick this one up. I am a longbow nut at heart, so I may or may not keep it, if I do it will head up to Brian for grip checkering. But if it was the only bow I had, I would be just fine with it.

Lanier
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2011, 10:13:00 PM »
I'm working on Brian's new banner for his show booth.  While I'm at it I need to shoot some pix of my set of myrtle limbs to post here. NICE.
Gary Logsdon

Offline JParanee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2011, 10:36:00 PM »
Originally posted by Lin Rhea:
When I ordered my TT I opted for the base model as well. Not sure why, except I figured I would be less likely to be worried about scratching it or something. Thus I would more likey take it to the woods. It may be a base model, but it sure is pretty. I got the charcoal actionwood riser with a Walnut stripe and black glass limbs.

That's a great looking bow Lin
Morrison & Titan ILF & BF Extreme Limbs
Silvertip 1 Piece 57#-Silvertip 57#-Black Widow Ma II 61#&69#-Fedora 560 69#- 560 57#-560 60#-560 55#-Brakenbury Shadow 60#-Hoyt Buffalo 55#- Bob Lee 58#- fishing bows PSE's

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©