3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Trying to bring Rod Jekins To Cody Wyoming(dates set for last weekend in June)  (Read 318 times)

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
We have dates for the Rod Jenkins Clinic. It will be the last weekend in June.  June 30 and July 1 to be exact.  Rod requires a $100.00 deposit to hold your spot. The remainder of the $250.00 is due when you get to Cody. Rod has asked me to collect the deposits. It is limited to 12 shooters. Let me know as soon as possible to hold your spot.
Thanks Scott Teaschner

I have talked to Rod and I am trying to get enough guys to do a clinic. The max number of studendts is 12. There is about 4 of us so far that would like to attend. It is $250.00 a person if we hit 12 people. I figured when you live in the west you are traveling is normal. So I thought you guys in the suronding states might have intrest. If I had a choice of when it could be done I would say May or June. It would be nice to have it before the K Bar Z shoot then we could all go up and camp and go through the course. Kill 2 birds with one arrow!

There is nothing firm just would like to see if any one has intrest. Cody has a very nice archery club we could use weather permiting. We also have a local indoor range that we could use if weather is bad. The K bar Z shoot is fun it runs 2 days and is in the Bear Tooths by Crandel. If we could make it work it would be a ball.

A bunch of Trad Guys usally come down from Montana to shoot. So I hope you guys see this.

Let me know Scott
Don't ever try to be like any body else and don't ever be affraid to take risks. Waylon Jennings
Honesty is something you cant wear out. Waylon Jennings

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
Scott,

I would do it AFTER your shoot.  Odds are you are going to change things around with how you shoot after Rod get thru with you.  Those things, ever so slight, or major, need to be worked on pretty hard on the blind bale to get them ingrained.  Going out to shoot targets or 3d right after class is not going to help that process.  

I would go have a blast at the shoot, then do a Sunday/Monday class or Mon/Tue.  Having taken the class, I think it would be a lot better that way.

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks for thoughts Steve you are probably right. Like you said may be shoot then clinic what ever the Boss Ron would like.
Don't ever try to be like any body else and don't ever be affraid to take risks. Waylon Jennings

Offline huntnmuleys

• Trad Bowhunter
oh for sure keep me in the loop on this one. id be interested if it hit my days off, but my vacation next year is sorta set.
is it September yet??

Offline Gentry

• Trad Bowhunter
I would be interested. and think my wife would like to go too she has just started shooting and I think that this would be real good for her and me both.
Gary Gentry
Cari-bow Wolverine T/D 62@28

Offline JockC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I'd sure be interested.  Thanks for exploring this.
Jock
TGMM Family of the Bow
Hunting should be hard.

Offline skilonbw

• Trad Bowhunter
I would be interested in this clinic to, please keep me in the loop.

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I would be interested date depending as well Scott.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
What would work better for most week end or week days? I also think June would be better for good weather. If we did do it around the K bar Z shoot it was mid June last year. If we combine the shoot with the clinc it will have to be a 4 day weekend.

Offline Lechwe

• Trad Bowhunter
I would also wait until after the shoot. After going to Rod's class I didn't shoot real targets for over a month. Great class for sure.

Offline Joshua Polland

• Trad Bowhunter
Scott, I agree with Steve O. You'll want to spend some time on the blank bale when you get done. I added over an inch in draw length when I went to Rod's clinic. Had to make a whole new dozen arrows to adjust to it. You won't be disappointed, either way.

Offline JockC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Weekends would be better for me, but I could make it work either way.
Jock
TGMM Family of the Bow
Hunting should be hard.

Offline Gentry

• Trad Bowhunter
I think that we could make it work either way also. I would take the time off of work for four days of shooting bow! I already took nine days off in may for bear hunting and a weak in july for elk and sheep scouting. lol
Gary Gentry
Cari-bow Wolverine T/D 62@28

Offline skilonbw

• Trad Bowhunter
Either way weekend or weekday close to weekend works for me if June i have to be careful with it being to close to the wife's bday on June21 or if I miss she will be pissed.

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Sounds very interesting, would like to attend at least the class.
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I'm feelin' a road trip coming on....I think a refresher course is always a good thing.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline kpete

• Trad Bowhunter
I would consider it
The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever-Isaiah 40:8

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
I talked with Rod last night. I will firm up a date and post it. It will be $100.00 deposite to hold a spot. This is a non refundable deposite. The remainder will be do at the clinic. He recomends if we do the clinic around the shoot to do it after the shoot is over. I dont know if it will be best to just drop that idea and just have it on the weekend to make it easier for guys to get time off and travel.

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
ttt

Offline old coyote

• Trad Bowhunter
I would be interested. Keep me in the loop.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©