3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: DAS DX5 longbow?  (Read 172 times)

Offline Ulysseys

• Trad Bowhunter
DAS DX5 longbow?
« on: December 31, 2011, 03:17:00 PM »
Saw this while browsing on 3Rivers - looks pretty nice.  Anyone shoot this?  I didn't get any search results on it.  Thanks!    :archer2:
Type inspirational or witty quote here

Offline Claymore

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: DAS DX5 longbow?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 03:26:00 PM »
I think it is new. I visit the web site about daily and it just showed up a couple of days ago.
Don Dow 37@30
HH Cougar 38@30
Hoyt Excel 38@30

Offline Big Sneaky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 07:28:00 PM »
Saw it in my new 3rivers mag.  Was also wondering if anyone had shot them.
Always keep the wind in your face, and an arrow nocked.

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 09:31:00 PM »
I've been shooting one pretty regularly lately and they are great shooters.  Been shooting the wood core and the foam core limbs.   Prefer the foam cores and have a new set on order right now.  dino
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

Offline Turkeys Fear Me

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 12:24:00 AM »
If you've shot the SKY TDX-15, you've shot the new DX-15.  It looks to be the same riser with DAS limb pads.  Looks like the limbs might be SKY limbs also.

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 12:38:00 PM »
Jeffery,
Essentially you are correct.  It was designed from the Sky riser but there were alterations made other than just the limb pads.  They are not Sky limb pads.  New limb pads had to be designed for the riser and the pads cannot be switched to convert the riser to ILF.  There are some differences there in the risers so it won't work.  In that respect there are two different risers, but is essence they shoot the same because grip and the essentials of the risers didn't change.

Limbs are also made by Sky to DAS specifications.  Jim makes a heck of a limb that is hard to beat.
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

Offline Turkeys Fear Me

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 01:03:00 PM »
Originally posted by dino:
Jeffery,
Essentially you are correct.  It was designed from the Sky riser but there were alterations made other than just the limb pads.  They are not Sky limb pads.  New limb pads had to be designed for the riser and the pads cannot be switched to convert the riser to ILF.  There are some differences there in the risers so it won't work.  In that respect there are two different risers, but is essence they shoot the same because grip and the essentials of the risers didn't change.

Limbs are also made by Sky to DAS specifications.  Jim makes a heck of a limb that is hard to beat.
I agree, Belcher makes some really nice stuff,  I'm a fan. I'm sure you are right that there have been a few small tweeks to make the riser proprietary.  I think if it were me, I'd go with the SKY TDX-15 riser and the SKY limbs. Not only would it be cheaper, I prefer ilf.

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 01:53:00 PM »
Sky is retiring the 15" riser to the best of my knowledge, price is only slightly higher than what Sky was offering them for which has alot to do with raw material and manufacturing cost increases.  I can understand prefering ILF as I've been shooting them both the ILF version and DAS version for 6 months and some guys really like it and I can respect that.  After shooting them both side by side I prefer the DAS and like how it performs but you can't go wrong with either.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©