3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Re-use an old riser  (Read 207 times)

Offline hockeyref

• Trad Bowhunter
Re-use an old riser
« on: July 19, 2007, 10:54:00 AM »
I have an old recurve that had a limb delaminate on me way back when.... Any thoughts on cutting the old limbs off & sanding\\grinding it down to the base riser and then either setting it up as a take down or resurrecting it with new limbs?
Steve Uhall

Offline V-Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Re-use an old riser
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 11:22:00 AM »
I did a refrubish job on a BP Pinto riser. I posted the refurb-along just recently.

V-Archer
"If you have the will to win you have achieved half your success; if you don't, you have achieved half your failure"

Offline hockeyref

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 12:11:00 PM »
You've proven that it's a viable project for a one piece.... Any thoughts on converting a one piece recurve riser to a 3 piece take down?
Steve Uhall

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 02:34:00 PM »
I've done basically the same thing as V-Archer except I left it a 3-piece takedown. I used smooth-on to glue the fitting into the riser. You would have to be sure there was enough wood to get the female fittings into enough wood to keep them from tearing out. Really not a lot different than a normal riser made for a takedown bow.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©