3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Remembering 2011...What trad goals did you accomplish and new goals for 2012  (Read 436 times)

Offline Altiman94

• Trad Bowhunter
Guys:

Just wondering what goals everyone accomplished for 2011 and what new goals you've set for 2012:

2011:

Hunted more off the ground.  Used natural ground blinds.

Put in more time scouting on public land.  Finally started finding the deer.

2012:

Take my first whitetail.

Go 100% trad and shoot my bow a lot more.
>>>--------->

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Shot my first wood arrow deer this year. Killed a hog with wood before but this was my first Doug fir deer. 2012 goal is to  help  my 12 year old get his 1st deer.

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
Went full time with my buisness. So Happy!
Even if I could hunt every day it seems to be limited time. My goal was to try to be as productive as possible with the time I had to hunt. With that said I shot 2 deer, 1 antelope and one missed bull elk. 100% shot oppertunities 75% scucess rate not to bad of a year.
Goals for 2012
Offer more products to the traditional bowhunter.
Hunt more than I did in 2011 and hopefully not to miss the next bull that presents a shot!
Draw a tag for the area I like to whitetail hunt in so I can shoot one of those monsters instead of letting them walk by!
Don't ever try to be like any body else and don't ever be affraid to take risks. Waylon Jennings
Honesty is something you cant wear out. Waylon Jennings

Offline AWPForester

• Trad Bowhunter
2011:

I started the year down and almost out; laying in the hospital with a Blood pressure of 52 over 48 and was just wanting to hunt with anything.  But my heart was on hunting with and killing my first trad deer.  Do to the mercy and grace of the good Lord, I was able to recover from the chemo, still be employed, buy my first longbow, and proceed to kill 2 very needed and enjoyed whitetails!  Yeah!

2012:

Kill a deer or 2 with one of my Bear recurves and another new longbow being built now.  All the while serving the Lord and just praising the ability to be and stay healthy, wqhile enjoying what he has created.  Praise the Lord fellas.

BTW Scott, I love the arm gaurd

Good day and God Bless
Psalm 25:3 Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: Let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.

Offline MikeNova

• Trad Bowhunter
Killed one deer and one gator!

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
2011-got to spend more time in the woods due to working closer to home. Killed a pig with my longbow. Picked up another MOAB! Made a couple of new friends, Jeff and Dave, on my hog hunt.

2012-make an out of state trip for something....I don't care if it's elk, turkey, antelope or whatever! Just an out of state trip to spend time with friends in the outdoors. Figure out where all the deer went! LOL! Shoot more, hunt more and live more! Mike
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
2011 Hunted more with my son!
2012 Hunt more with my son!

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
2011 - I wanted to hunt more in the Adirondack Mountains and was able to.  And I was very lucky to meet some great guys at Ken's and spend a week-end hunting.

2012 - I have had about 6 or 7 long bows throughout the last few years, all really nice. I am down to just 2 now. But I never could shoot one very well at all.  So my goal for this year is to try and learn to shoot one.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
2011- Took a nice buck with my longbow.
Hunted the ground more.
Helped my sister get her first deer.

2012- Take a turkey with longbow and no blind.
Hunt ground full time.
Spend more woods time with my wife.

Rob
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline WoodsyDave

• Trad Bowhunter
2011 - Finally took a deer with my Bob Lee take down (my last purchased bow before I started making my own bows)

2011 - Took my first deer with one of my selfbows, "Last Rites", made from a fallen Osage tree that my hunting buddy and I cut up, also using a string I made, with a woodie arrow and feathers I made from a turkey shot this past spring.  It's really fun to learn how to make all these things, then put them together into a lethal weapon package and put food on the table.  Wish I had started making my own bows many years ago.

2012 - Who knows?! .... I cherish every day I can spend in the woods launching arrows and persuing game. Not to mention the time spent with great hunting and shooting companions.

Offline tuscarawasbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
2011- Understand and find the big whitetail bucks that I know healthily populate my hunting  area.

2012- Become a better hunter and a better shot.

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
I would like to not have a pinched radial nerve when bow season rolls around. Only weapon I used in 2011 was a camera.
Got wood? - Tom

Offline arrowslinger22

• Trad Bowhunter
Did more ground hunting and got within a few yards more than once.

Make more selfbows, only did one last year.  Use them exclusively for hunting.
Only when the last tree has died
and the last river been poisoned
and the last fish been caught
will we realize that we cannot eat money

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
1.2011 was only my 2nd  year back to recurves after more than three decades. I wanted to proove to myself that I could shoot a wood riser recurve as well or better than my metal riser model. Of course I was silly for even thinking it would be difficult.  MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

2. I wanted to increase the weight of my hunting arrow in 2011. I went from 414 grains to 505 grains.

3. I wanted to venture into some new areas on my hunting area this year. MISSION FAILURE

4. I wanted to hunt at least 10 days with my best friend in Indiana this year. MISSION FAILURE

2012:
Hunt with my friend.

Set up new stands in different areas.

Softly encourage my son to hunt with his Predator curve.

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
2011 I built and used my first back quiver, which I continue to modify to suit me better. I don't think I'll be using bow quivers anymore, on my longbows for sure. I began hunting on the ground during our late season. Had some close encounters, but no shots yet.

2012 Build a bigger back quiver using a bit heavier leather. Take a deer from the ground.
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
2011....went on my first elk hunt.    :thumbsup:   2012....same as it is every year, want to kill my first something! Funny it's the same goal I had in 1968   :dunno:  !!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Blueridge

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
My goal for 2011 was to take a Bear with my longbow. Got him in September in North Ga. Also was the first time Bear hunting for me.
It was good! I will be there next season.
Isaiah 1:18-20 Come now let us reason together, says the Lord.

Offline Mike Mecredy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Become more proficient at bow making.  Particularly finishing.
TGMM Family of the bow
USAF, Retired
A.C.B.C.S.

Offline Smithhammer

• Trad Bowhunter
Same goals I have every year - continue learning, having fun and spending as much time in wild country as possible.

Offline longbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
2011:  Hunted 50-50 from ground & trees.  Took a nice deer with my longbow and dressed it with my on hand made knife.

2012:  Will hunt more from the ground and use the "snort-wheeze"!  Saw more large buck this year than ever before but didn't use the snort wheeze at all and could kick myself!  
     Will take my grandson with me for the first time!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©