3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Need some string suggestions  (Read 218 times)

Offline john gerrard

• Trad Bowhunter
Need some string suggestions
« on: January 01, 2012, 02:55:00 PM »
I have a Kodiak Mag that I really like and would like to hunt with, but it only pulls 41# at my 27" draw.

I wondering what kind of hi-performance string I could get that would be safe for an older K-Mag. Also what kind of improvement can I expect from changing to a hi-performance strings? Thanks, John

Offline Smithhammer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Need some string suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 03:00:00 PM »
Try SBD strings (they're a sponsor). I have a couple of them on different bows and the noise factor, as well the improvement in speed, has been noticeable.

While I don't currently have one on my old K-Mag, I know someone who has been using one on his for a while now with no problems at all.

Offline Smithhammer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 03:01:00 PM »
:archer2:

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 03:04:00 PM »
12 strand Dacron-flemish or endless loop-is about it for that bow. Unless your current string is awful it wont heat things up a lot. The good news is you have enough bow for deer sized animals as it is.

Offline Ground Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 03:31:00 PM »
What Bjorn said - stay with Dacron or get a different bow.

Offline Grey Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 03:40:00 PM »
At the most you may pick up 5fps with a high tech string. Given that the bow is not designed for that type of string material, is it worth it to jeopardize the bow to get that small amount of arrow speed?
Some people advocate using those strings on older bows anyway. Me, I'd rather not risk it.

Guy
Tie two birds together; though they have four wings, they can not fly.
The Blind Master

Offline john gerrard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 03:49:00 PM »
Like I posted, I was looking for something SAFE for my older K-Mag. No, I wouldn't put something on it that might damage it.

Groundhunter I have five other bows. I would just like to hunt some with this bow.

I just thought that there might be something out there that would make a noticable improvement that would be safe for my bow.

I realize that 41# is adequate for deer size game but if you can get the best performance out of your bow why not try.   Thanks again.  John

Offline Smithhammer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 04:03:00 PM »
I certainly wouldn't suggest anything that I thought might damage your bow. But if you're truly curious, I would contact Pierre at SBD and get his honest advice.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©