3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Black widow VS Cari-Bow  (Read 470 times)

Offline AlbertaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Black widow VS Cari-Bow
« on: January 01, 2012, 03:35:00 PM »
Im looking at getting a new bow and ive narrowed it down to a Black Widow PL longbow or a Cari-Bow Peregrine. I cant decide which to get. Which one would you get?

Offline Zenzele

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Black widow VS Cari-Bow
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 04:05:00 PM »
Both....   :knothead:  If I were you I would see if I could try both and then decide. But if I'm truthful I'd get both and shoot a different one each outing!    :biglaugh:  Good luck with your dilemma...
'It's better to have less thunder in the mouth, and more lightning in the hand.' - Apache proverb

Offline Pete W

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 04:13:00 PM »
If you are near Edmonton look me up and you can try out a Peregrine or Wolverine.
 Pete
Share your knowledge and ideas.

Online Ulysseys

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 04:14:00 PM »
I've had dozens of different and awesome bows but always come back to a widow.  Lots of people will say there are tons of bows better but I don't see how.  I never think about my widow performing or not, its like a good old truck - always ready to go - all I have to do is roll out of bed.  This dilemma will keep you up for the next several weeks of nights however.     :banghead:   The widow test drive is really easy - call them up and they'll have the bow you're looking to try at your door in 2 days.  But be warned the "widow plx" in my signature was a test drive that didn't make it back...
Type inspirational or witty quote here

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 04:16:00 PM »
Cari-bow IMO! After you shoot both you'll know. You'll get lots of feedback from BW owners as there are more of them out there so don't base your decision on numbers. Both REALLY good bows but after owning both brands have to give the upper hand in performance to Cari-bow. If you buy and don't like the Peregrine I'll buy it from you!

Offline Swinestalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 04:17:00 PM »
The question is, which one is best for you. Only you can answer that after shooting both.
Having done so much, with so little, for so long, I can now do anything with nothing.

Offline bk_tradguy88

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 04:18:00 PM »
I have four bows now and love them all, but 2 are widows. And my go to bow is my Silver Anniversary widow. I couldn't get rid of that one for nothing.
B

Offline David Yukon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 05:26:00 PM »
I have a widow and a caribow, not the model you are after, but love both! Both are really different in my case, a PSA and a Silver fox, but they are both great bows!!

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 08:29:00 PM »
The Peregrine wins hands down for me.  I love the grip better, and it will flat out smoke an arrow!
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline acadian archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 08:40:00 PM »
Our friend cannot do a Black widow test drive as he is in Canada
44# Chek mate Hunter II

"shoot what you like, like what you shoot"

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2012, 09:51:00 PM »
Have shot both. Caribow for me, but shoot what works for you.

Offline David Yukon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2012, 11:01:00 PM »
I have a widow and a caribow, not the model you are after, but love both! Both are really different in my case, a PSA and a Silver fox, but they are both great bows!!

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2012, 11:48:00 PM »
Based on grip alone....Caribow gets my vote.  Abe knows how to make a grip fit your hand perfectly.
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline newell38

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 01:58:00 AM »
Widows are great bows but the caribow Peregrine is among the best.
"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
Endless loop strings, heavy bows, and wood and only wood arrows...my kind of archery!

Offline Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2012, 06:53:00 AM »
I live in Widow country here in NE Oklahoma ,but shoot a Cari-Bow and am extremely happy with it
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline the elf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 10:51:00 AM »
I have a couple of Widow Recurves---and I have a couple of Cari-Bow Longbows [peregrine and Silver Fox];------they are both completely different---It is like comparing apples to oranges. The Cari-Bow is lighter to carry for those long walks--but I find that I shoot my Widows more consistently--A recurve guy at heart I guess.  For me it is Black Widow for Recurves,and Cari-Bow for longbows.

Offline Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 12:42:00 PM »
I'm a Black Widow guy; I love the way they shoot.  I've shot a Cari-bow Peregrine a few times at a show once.  I opted for my BW longbow at the time, and have too little experience with the CB to comment on shooting it.  I remember I had nothing against the Cari-bow, though.  But... the Cari-bow has a rugged custom look that you just don't get with a widow.  Nice lines on them, too.
Life is a whole lot easier when you just plow around the stump.

2006  64" Black Widow PMA
2009  66" Black Widow PLX
2023  56" Cascade Archery Whitetail Hawk
2023  52" Cascade Archery Golden Hawk Magnum

Offline canadian

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 12:58:00 PM »
I prefer my Caribow over the Widow. Both are great bows.
murph

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2012, 01:51:00 PM »
For recurves I go with my Widow.  For longbows, I like my Caribow.  Just got it and am impressed.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2012, 02:45:00 PM »
For me:

BW PL love the grip,  rock solid,  good shooting, good speed, very smooth on the draw, little thump in the hand, nice solid feel with nice weight in a LB, could kill somthing by beating it to death with the bow.  Limited options for riser look.

Peregrine grip is ok, light whippy limbs, fast, quiet, very light in the hand, a lot of options of looks and great shooting.

I LOVE the first Peregrine I ever shot.  I was real impressed. The second one was a dud for me.  It was loud and I didnt' like the feel of shooting it at all. BW's all shoot the same; very consistant.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©