3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Zero hour success - 1st Trad kill  (Read 1205 times)

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Zero hour success - 1st Trad kill
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2012, 07:52:00 AM »
Thanks Ray! Preserverence paid off in more ways than one. In looknig back through my hunting log for the seaon, I think I saw more deer than I ever have in a single season and 90% of my hunting was public land. Just did not have many inside my self imposed limit but I do think my constant pursuit to get closer and understand my surroundings is the reason for the increase in sightings.

I have already started scouting for next season and plan to do so most of this coming Saturday. Sunday I will be at the NGTA shoot.

You have no idea how much I am looking forward to February. Shooting my new HH daily, bought a 3d hog target for practice (ring placement is useless but always is) and I am getting the new STOS 160s sharpened! Can't wait!!!!!

Offline Buxndiverdux

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2012, 09:02:00 AM »
Congrats on your deer! I hate you left your gear.
Anneewakee Addiction Longbow
56" 57# @ 28"

Offline TJK68

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2012, 09:28:00 AM »
Congrats on a fine deer, hope you get your things back. Keep us posted!!!

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2012, 09:31:00 AM »
No luck on the gear everyone. In fact at this point I am just writing it off. It helps to tell myself that whomeever picked it up needed it worse than me. (Probably not but it will help me deal with it without getting my blood pressure up!!!!!  :mad:  )

But should anything change I will be sure to let you all know.

Offline dragonheart

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2012, 09:43:00 AM »
Thank you for sharing the hunting story.  Congrats on the deer.  I hate to hear that about your gear being stolen.  Elation to depression in a day.  Sounds like you have put sometime in this year on the bowhunts.  Hard work pays off.  Good to hear about the last chance success.  Really cool the way that happens shooting at game and go into a "zone".  Interesting that there is less awareness or conscious thought of the process.  All those arrows "in training" lead to a "conditioned instinct" as John Schulz puts it.  Congrats again.
Longbows & Short Shots

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2012, 10:02:00 AM »
Congrats on the deer. Sorry about your gear. It must have been the day for it because my ice fishing partner lost about $600 in gear in much the same way on the 1st this year.

Offline LimBender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2012, 11:06:00 AM »
Congrats man - can tell you are excited!  When I kill something it is almost a part of the ritual for me to lose something.     :knothead:  

Maybe, just maybe, the person will feel like a scumbag for taking it, look you up on your phone and give you a call.  I also wonder if AT&T doesn't have a way of tracking your phone - while it has Big Brother implications, I heard you can track the phones now with GPS if they are turned on.
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Shoot some Zippers and a Bear.

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2012, 11:12:00 AM »
Well, the phone has been turned off because it is the phone I use primarily for work so I had to have the number. Transferred the number to another phone. AT&T won't even attempt to track it unless you pay for their tracking services. There are also a couple of apps you can apply but again if the phone is not on they don't work.

I have a line on a permanent replacement phone, plus I will get assistance from my employer, so right now the biggest loss is my Binocs but I should be able to replace them in a few weeks. I also already spoke with Mrs. Asbell (Is she just wonderful or what?!?!?!) and I am going to have another pullover made soon to replace the lost one. Waiting to see a new pattern she has coming first.

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2012, 11:28:00 AM »
Congrats!  :thumbsup:
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2012, 11:52:00 AM »
Congrats!  It will be alright.  I kept looking for a post that said someone returned your stuff.  I would pick up the pack if I seen it on the side of the road and try to find the owner.  I was hoping that is what had taken place.  

God Bless,
Nathan
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©