3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2012 trail camera pic's, lets see them!  (Read 29618 times)

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2012 trail camera pic's, lets see them!
« Reply #220 on: July 09, 2012, 05:57:00 PM »
I had 3 of them little fur-balls, just about the same size or maybe a little smaller, almost in the stand with me back in Ocala, Forest in the early 70's. Two were about 5' from me in pines at about the same height as me and one right under me. Mama was about 40yds popping her jaws.

I was lucky.

Offline gringol

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #221 on: July 09, 2012, 06:07:00 PM »
Yeah, hoyt, they're everywhere up there.  Last year I had one banging around in the brush while I was ground-pounding.  I could only hear it and thought it was a buck (I had just had about 10 does pass by) and I nocked an arrow and put a bit of tension on the string.  About 7 yds in front of me a nice bear busted through a wall of brush.  It was great, but I just about soiled myself.

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #222 on: July 10, 2012, 08:05:00 PM »

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #223 on: July 10, 2012, 08:07:00 PM »

Notice the times on the lion and this deer.

Offline gringol

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #224 on: July 10, 2012, 09:03:00 PM »
good stuff Jim.  Looks like you're set up on a pretty hot spot.

Offline David Flanrey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #225 on: July 11, 2012, 11:30:00 AM »
Jim, is it legal to shoot the cat?  It sure looks like a big one to me.  I'm glad they are few and far between around my neck of the woods.  We are starting to have folks get some on camera occasionally.

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #226 on: July 11, 2012, 01:55:00 PM »
With a permit it is.They become legal with a bow Sept 1-no dogs.They become legal with a gun late Oct,deer season-no dogs.Dec 1,they are legal with dogs or other legal means.

The only caveat is that they only allow one lion to be taken out of the area before the Dec 1 hound season.The good news is,often none are taken before then.There are actually two big toms moving through this spot.One is big,the other is huge.

The cat and bear will be legal for me Sept 1 with a bow.I set up a treestand last year about 30 yds from that spot on a trail they used frequently put in Sept the whitetails migrated and through everything off.I found them later,three miles away.I'm getting ready to reset the tree stand in case but also know there may be a shift later.

Anyway,I intend to work that lion and bear any way I can.

« Reply #227 on: July 11, 2012, 06:13:00 PM »
finally got some pictures of some spots, i was beginning to think that there wasnt any babies around, and theres three of them...yaaa!

this guy looks like hes having a bad summer...

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #228 on: July 11, 2012, 09:21:00 PM »
Great pics guys    :thumbsup:  

Jim that sure looks like one of those special spots. Lots of critters using that trail, Good luck to you come September 1st   :D  

Still growing!

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #229 on: July 11, 2012, 09:31:00 PM »

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline LeeBishop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #230 on: July 12, 2012, 01:41:00 AM »
Ive been away for a while. destroyed my knee and stopped working on the documentary film because of it. I hope to start working on the film soon again.

Anyway, I have been poking around the woods. We have been having a really bad drought here and finally got rain the last couple of days after two months of nothing and weeks of temps between 101-109.

Since the rain the deer are back on the mountain and out of the river bottom. I' a happy camper.

After catching a few of these guys on camera, I'm sure ready for September 15 to get here. I need to bag them before muzzleloading season when the local hillbillies creep around in the national forest around my land.

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #231 on: July 12, 2012, 03:03:00 AM »
Some beautiful pics keep them coming.  :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline David Flanrey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #232 on: July 13, 2012, 09:28:00 AM »
Tracy, I like watching your deer grow too.  I am jealous.  You gonna make it up to Kenny's this year?

Lee, those are some good bucks.  Which 'mountain' you live on you say?  :bigsmyl:

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #233 on: July 13, 2012, 10:33:00 AM »
You bet David the last part of October is what Kenny said but I'm still waiting to hear from Terry to confirm what week. Talked to Mr Lamb and he's excited to   :goldtooth:  

Tracy

Offline LeeBishop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #234 on: July 13, 2012, 11:57:00 AM »
Originally posted by David Flanrey:

Lee, those are some good bucks.  Which 'mountain' you live on you say?     :bigsmyl:    
I'm in the Ouachita Mountains near Oklahoma. Rooster Cogburn territory

It's some of the least populated land in the state. That's the best part. Deer, bobcats, mountain lions(yes more than one, shhhhhhhhh. I can explain it later), bears and hardly any turkeys. It's a playground.

I've been talking with AGFC though and I'm going to see about working to boost the turkey population. I'm about to go on the warpath against bobcats and coyote and wipe them out so the turkeys can do better.

Offline LeeBishop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #235 on: July 13, 2012, 03:04:00 PM »
It will be nice to see what this guy looks like when he finishes growing this month and rubs that velvet off.

He's a big boy  :D   I wish I could let him age some more, but I have to take what I can get around here with all of the people sitting on my property line in the national forest.  I wish we could buy that land to keep them off it...

Offline creekwood

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #236 on: July 13, 2012, 09:27:00 PM »

Offline SheltonCreeker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #237 on: July 14, 2012, 06:34:00 AM »
Great stuff everyone. Thanks for sharin!
"Other things being equal, it is the man who shoots with his heart in his bow that hits the mark." Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #238 on: July 14, 2012, 10:37:00 AM »
Not to bad for my 1st camera set up.  Even did it on Public land in northern Michigan.  Only time will tell if they are still there come October 1st.

Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #239 on: July 14, 2012, 10:49:00 AM »
Some beautiful bucks guys.I'm looking forwar to some stories,come season.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©