3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Sasquatch in Georgia  (Read 372 times)

Offline duncan idaho

• Trad Bowhunter
Sasquatch in Georgia
« on: January 02, 2012, 01:19:00 PM »
I arrived on leave and Santa had delivered a new Sasquatch T/D longbow to the house. Being a recurve man all my traditional life, I was a little apprehensive about trying a longbow. I had been in contact with Kirk for several months and wanted a hard hitting bow for my favorite game animal:feral hogs. Kirk delivered in every possible way, from creating a work of art, to providing excellent customer service. A brief review follows:

Bow: Sasquatch T/D longbow, I-10 riser(heavy, just the way I like them) double carbon matrix limbs, 60 inches in length, 60#at 29 inch draw.Riser is light brown in color and totally fits my hand, slight thumb swell on the riser means a perfect hand placement with each shot.

Arrows: 2219's, 29.5 inches in length, 175 grain field points, 2020's , 29.5 in length, 145 grain field points, Arrow Dynamics Traditional heavies, 160 grain field points and 160 grain Stos broadheads.

Shooting Characteristics:I waited a couple of days for the "newness" factor to wear off. I own 8 top of the line recurves, all made by bowyers who each of you would recognize. I took my 3 favorites and placed them on the bench with the Sasquatch. First test was in my basement, where I have a 38 foot indoor target butt.All the comparison recurves ranged in weight from 63# to 67# in weight. NONE were as smooth as the Sasquatch, in fact, I thought Kirk had missed the weight, it feels like a low to mid-fifties bow. I don't claim to be an expert on all makes or models, but, this is the SMOOTHEST bow I have ever shot.

Speed: As someone on Tradgang posted several months ago after receiving one of Kirk's recurves, all bows seen fast at close range, but, the difference in in the distance. The poster had made a statement about the bow having little drop at 25 and 35 yards, and like a lot of people, I read that and thought "MMMMM". He was correct: I was amazed at the difference in performance at longer ranges. The arrows actually seem to GAIN speed downrange. Remember, I am shooting this bow against 3 recurves famous for their speed and I still have a hard time explaining this aspect of the Sasquatch. Performance is outstanding. The bow is absolutely DEAD in the hand: no movement, no little vibrations running down my left elbow, no little kick in the base of the shooting hand, nothing...just stable to the point that I think it makes you have better form, and, thou I may may be wrong, I think it makes for a cleaner release. Once again, I cannot emphasize enough about the longer range shooting, at 25 to 35 yards, I had to adjust my mental focus, because I was shooting 4 inches high. I called and talked to Kirk about this and he explains it as a perfect marriage between limb design and limb materials.Limb design, Limb materials, or magic: IT WORKS.

Customer service: I was in Iraq when I first contacted Kirk about a bow. Since I am only home about every 4 months, I asked if he could deliver a bow by December 10th, since I would not be back in the States until April or May, 2012. Kirk delivered on December the 8th. He answered all my Emails and even called ME several times asking about the performance of the bow. Great person, Great service.

Jobs and money are tight with everyone during this recession and I would never recommend a bow that would waste your time or money.In my opinion, a bow from Kirk is worth every hard earned penny, and, as long as I can keep a job, this will not be my last Bigfoot bow.

Kirk will be posting some pictures of my bow. I am proud of her and hope everyone here can have an opportunity to shoot a Sasquatch longbow. Bill
" If wishes were fishes, we would all cast nets".

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sasquatch in Georgia
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 02:33:00 PM »
Bill,

I agree with everything you've said describing the Sas, and how it performs.

No one really understands the exceptional performance until personally shooting for themselves.

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 05:43:00 PM »
If you are interested in a Bigfoot bow and have been  sitting on the fence you are only delaying finding out sometime in the future that you should have bought one or that you should buy one. The first time you shoot it you will agree.

God bless you all and Bill congratulations sir.

Steve

Offline tradbower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 05:48:00 PM »
Duncan
   How about some pics!!!!    Please
          Pete
"Never to old to learn something new"

Offline Gary Greene

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 06:53:00 PM »
I got a Yeti from Kirk and the newness hasn't worn off.It is so fun to shoot. It's a small bow that thinks it's a big bow. If anyone is thinking about a Bigfoot I highly recommend getting one.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 06:57:00 PM »
and here I'm thinking Matt moneymaker was there to film a show...

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 07:27:00 PM »
Thanks for the write up Bill. I thought you might like that riser.   ;)  

The material in this riser is "Ipe" with a G-10 I beam. The limbs are double carbon matrix / foam core.

Here's a few pictures Bill, i'll get the rest up loaded to photo bucket tonight.  

Hope you get some hunting in before you cycle back over seas.   :thumbsup:

Offline Jesse Minish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 09:17:00 PM »
:thumbsup:  Nice!

Offline tradbower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 10:06:00 PM »
Awesome!!!
"Never to old to learn something new"

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 10:36:00 PM »
Ok Bill, Here is the poundage exactly at 29.5" and what she looks like drawn to that mark.

if you have any questions .... fire away.   Kirk

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 12:30:00 AM »
Nice bow, like what looks like the smaller grip. Enjoy  :archer2:  
Also many thanks for you service to this country!

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 09:16:00 AM »
I am going with this same riser, but with Zebrawood lams in the limbs.  Kirk is TOPS, I'm sure I'll be blown away with my Sasquach in a few months.
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 01:14:00 PM »
I love IPE. It looks great and makes for a very stable shooting bow.

That thing will be blistering fast at 62#'s

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 03:39:00 PM »
The Ipe is what I'm using on my Obsidian long bows Billy. This stuff is seriously dense hardwood and makes an excellent riser with, or without the I Beam.

You wouldn't believe the chrono readings if i told you what they were.... So i wont... lets just say i rung the bell on her.

Hopefully Duncan Bill is going to get an opportunity to stick a pig with her before he cycles back..... Go GET EM Bill!   :archer2:

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 08:56:00 PM »
Ipe is probably the best riser wood , strength wise that there is. I wouldn't hesitate to use it for an I beam on an all wood riser. Add that G10 pnenolic and I doubt that there is a stiffer riser made.
Again, bill you got yourself one great looking bow there.
God bless you and have a wonderful new Year. Steve

Offline duncan idaho

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 07:53:00 AM »
Thanks Steve, and all the rest for the nice comments. Kirk, thanks for posting the pictures, and for all your work and superior customer service.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 12:49:00 AM »
No problem Bill,

I still have more photos i can send you if you'd like. please let me know... Kirk

Offline duncan idaho

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 07:26:00 AM »
Mods: would you place my review of the Sasquatch T/D longbow on the "Product Review" Forum? Thank you..Bill

Offline Shifting Shadow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2012, 09:42:00 AM »
Bill and Kirk, that is indeed a beautiful bow.
"Keep the bow you like or you will be looking forever." -H.J.

One bow. One arrow. My ideal.

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2012, 10:58:00 AM »
Very good review Bill Congrats!!!  

I'm always interested in bows that maximize preformance for a givin draw length. Yours is a long draw and probably produces WARP speeds but for guys like myself with shorter draws I think it is even more important....  Kirk you have peaked my interest with Bills review and backed by Billy Shipps (who has owned more bows than I have seen) just need the wallet to catch up  :)

Again Congrats!!!  Great job Kirk  :)

:campfire:
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©