3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 3 Rivers New TD Longbow....Your Thoughts?  (Read 358 times)

Offline Jason Kendall

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 3 Rivers New TD Longbow....Your Thoughts?
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 08:01:00 PM »
WOB, Hunter Niche is in Michigan I believe. Good looking bow!

Offline cuboodle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 08:30:00 PM »
My thoughts are you should have pulled the trigger before the huge price increases in the new catalog that came today

Offline wob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2012, 08:32:00 PM »
I just sent a PM to Jonathan at 3rivers requesting where the bows are made.

I have read his post, but it is not who makes them but where they are  made.

Offline jeff w

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2012, 08:39:00 PM »
"not who makes them, but where"?

Let us know what you find out   ;)

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2012, 08:46:00 PM »
Hunters Niche/Predator Bows(Mike and Ron) are in MI.
Bill

Offline longrifle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2012, 09:28:00 PM »
I saw the new catalogue as well,did not like too see that they now sell bow sights,as in pin sights for bows now.I was hoping that they would always be geared toward traditional bowhunting in there products,if i wanted those type of products I would go to ********* archery.
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.
"Aim small- Hit small" ( I never think negative)

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2012, 10:36:00 PM »
The Tomahawk bows are made in America. The original and diamond series are made by Great Plains which is located in Pampa, Tx. Tomahawks are great bows that will go head to head with any of the other top of the line bows. I feel that they are not mentioned much on this site because you cannot choose what woods you want in them, but I feel that they are just as custom as Black Widows or any other bows.
James Kerr

Offline Jedimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2012, 12:00:00 AM »
Sights are as traditional as fiberglass, carbon, foam, ILF, metal risers, fast-flight strings, etc., etc.

In fact it is entirely possible and likely that someone hundreds of years ago realized he just didn't have the same "instinctive" nack that the other tribesmen had ... And in his desire to eat, devised a way to aim his bow with a whittled stick.

3 Rivers has been, and continues to be, a very good traditional archery supply. They bring a wide range of products to the market and are acively engaged in developing new products for all segments of "traditional archery". They seem to do a pretty good job having something for everyone.

The new 3-piece is a very nice looking bow and I'd love to shoot one. I trust it will be very successful.
Do or do not ... there is no "try"

Cum catapulatae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Offline 3R Shooter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2012, 09:19:00 AM »
JamesKerr,
I have images posted on our Product page and on page 1 of this thread. Is there a different angle you are looking to see? I would be happy to snap a picture.

Wob,
I have to admit I would of loved to see my face when I first read your email. I would have to say you have pointed out the first "note-worthy" mistake to my attention. The Tomahawk page also does not have the same layout of the rest of the "Essentials" section (the bottom line of the pages 6-33). I thank you for bringing this to my attention, all future printings of our catalog will have a flag placed on the Tomahawk page.

The Tomahawk Bows line is now, always has been, and as long as I breathe always will be made in the USA. As I said in my first post, Bill of Great Plains bows builds the Original and Diamond series and the new Legacy series is made by Ron and Mike of Predator Bows.

The above bowyers start with blocks of wood and laminations and handle the entire building process start to finish. 3Rivers techs do a bow set up so the bows are good to go when they get to our customers. I hope this breaks up any confusion for you about where the bows are built.

longrifle,
3Rivers will always be focused on traditional archers and products that they use. We have expanded our line a bit, but like anything else, if it does not sell, we will not carry it anymore. Time will only tell with our introduction of bow sights. I do believe that this can be discussed in a different thread, as not to take this thread's topic of the Tomahawk Legacy Series.

Johnathan Karch
3Rivers Archery
[email protected]
I work for 3Rivers Archery as the President.
 www.3RiversArchery.com

Offline wob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2012, 10:36:00 AM »
From Jonathan Karch
3Rivers Archery:

"The Tomahawk Bows line is now, always has been, and as long as I breathe always will be made in the USA. As I said in my first post, Bill of Great Plains bows builds the Original and Diamond series and the new Legacy series is made by Ron and Mike of Predator Bows."

"The above bowyers start with blocks of wood and laminations and handle the entire building process start to finish."

Jonathan,

Thank-you for your reply about where the Tomahawk bows are made-----in the USA!!!

Your response was exactly what I was hoping for.
I especially liked your committment to keeping the bows made in the USA, and your explanation about how the "entire building processs start to finish" is done in the USA.

With so many American companies out-sourcing the labor to build products, it is sometimes very difficult to locate items that are truely built  in the USA.

It may be worth sending out a flyer to correct the Tomahawk page, since this information is very important for making a buying decision these days.

I love my Tomahawk bow, and I may very soon be adding a new 3-Piece Tomahawk bow to my collection.

Thanks again

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2012, 12:48:00 PM »
Johnathan I thought at first the pictures were of the new Dalaa longbow but once I looked at yall's site I realized my mistake. The new 3 piece looks great! Looks like a winner to me.
James Kerr

Offline Ground Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2012, 10:15:00 AM »
Well I've got a 66inch 70 # on order.  I'll report back.   :archer2:

Offline Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2012, 12:06:00 AM »
This bow is very attractive.  When I first saw it, I confused the price with the diamond series 2-piece, and thought it was way overpriced.  Now that I figured out my mistake, I'm hoping to shoot one at Kalamazoo...!

I see that the catalog encourages "special orders".  I wonder what that means?  Changes in wood, or in-between weights?  I'm glad to see it offered in 66" length, too.  

:thumbsup:
Life is a whole lot easier when you just plow around the stump.

2006  64" Black Widow PMA
2009  66" Black Widow PLX
2023  56" Cascade Archery Whitetail Hawk
2023  52" Cascade Archery Golden Hawk Magnum

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2012, 12:28:00 AM »
Love the lines! If it shoots as well as it looks that is a winner!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©