3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Why no pictures  (Read 659 times)

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
Why no pictures
« on: January 03, 2012, 11:15:00 AM »
I look at the classifieds and see things like "Gorgeous xxx and xxx riser, beautiful waterfall xxx limbs ..." and no pictures. I doubt seriously if I'm the only one who has bought a bow just because it was so darned pretty.

Why is it guys will sit for hours on a day when they really don't expect to see something walk by, but won't spend the 15 minutes or maybe half an hour following the instructions for how to post a picture with their ads? Betcha they're missing some impulse buys that way.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Why no pictures
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 11:20:00 AM »
I'm positive you are right.

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 11:21:00 AM »
i agree !! a picture is worth a thousand words.
    :readit:           :clapper:

Online BAK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 11:24:00 AM »
Because trad gang has one of the most archaic, convoluted processes needed to get a pic up.  We don't like it.
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 11:29:00 AM »
I agree Ron, only way I can understand it is if someone doesn't have a digital camera. Pictures are especially important to someone that knows what they like in a bow but doesn't know that the for sale bow has what that is.

GOOD pictures are also very important in a sale. I know I have got more money for used bows and they have sold much faster due to quality photos.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 11:33:00 AM »
Seems like that's kind of biting off your nose to spite your face. I think if I were selling a bow, I'd do what I had to in order to get it to as many potential buyers as possible. I guess there's a clique of guys who all know each others' bows and don't need to see pics. That's still leaving out guys who might buy just because that particular combination of woods, form, or whatever, really rings a bell that starts a desire to buy that was safely asleep until then. By the way, I'd like to chat longer, but I have to run to the post office to pick up a money order for the bow I just bought   :)
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Online Warchild

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »
I have tried time and again to post pics following the instructions to a tee. It is truley not worth all of the extra hassle. Stickbow has such a simple procedure to posting pics. I routinely post about a common subject on each sight, or post bows and gear for sale, but will only post pics on Stickbow.

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 11:40:00 AM »
I totally agree. I've been in a hurry and just added a bow without pictures and 100% of the time people ask for pictures so you might as well do it right the first time. In fact I have a bow I want to sell right now but don't have pictures yet so I haven't put it on yet. If you can't figure it out PM somebody and ask them if they could help you out.
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline Autumnarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 11:44:00 AM »
I'm not sure what the difference is between having to post pics via photobucket, or just uploading them directly from your own computer. Its a pain having to upload them to photobucket, then copy and paste a pic link to put in a thread. Seems there would be an easier way. Many other forums allow direct upload. But it is what it is.
...stood alone on a montaintop, starin out at a great divide, I could go east, I could go West, it was all up to me to decide, just then I saw a young hawk flyin and my soul began to rise......

Offline Smithhammer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 11:49:00 AM »
Originally posted by Warchild:
I have tried time and again to post pics following the instructions to a tee. It is truley not worth all of the extra hassle.

Seriously?

When creating a post, click the button that says "Image."

Copy and paste the link for the photo from whatever photo hosting site you use.

Click "OK."

Done.    :thumbsup:

Offline Rick Richard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 11:53:00 AM »
I am sure there is a reasonable explanation why we can't just upload to the site.  Can we have one of the administrators respond to this thread?

Thanks in advance

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 11:56:00 AM »
Originally posted by BAK:
Because trad gang has one of the most archaic, convoluted processes needed to get a pic up.  We don't like it.
Really? It isn't that hard. Several image hosting sites auto size and even provide the code that you need to add you your post. If I can figure it out....it just ain't that hard.
Just my humble opinion.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 11:57:00 AM »
I wish they would put LH or RH in the title.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 11:59:00 AM »
Not my problem. Buyers can choose to look elsewhere!  I am not trying to slam anyone here but just because someone else cannot do pictures doesnt mean you have to see it.  

I bet it wasnt too long ago people had to send pictures through the postal service.

As a seller I would include pictures but not all sellers are created equal.

I love looking at the bow pictures as much as the next guy but I think we are getting a little bit out of line for being hard on the technically challenged.

I dont jump down people's throats for not using spell check, I will not jump down someones throat for not including pictures either.  I prefer them but they are not required.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline ARCHER2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 12:04:00 PM »
I agree 100% pics work, but, I'm like some of these other guys. I can't get the pics to upload, can't get the copy & paste part to work either. It may be something I'm doing wrong but I understand why some would not worry with it. I have a couple bows I'm thinking of selling so I'm gonna give it another try. Hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction so I can figure out what I'm doing wrong.
                                Charlie
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength:they shall mount up with wings as eagles:they shall run and not be weary:and they shall walk and not faint......Isaiah 40;31

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Kevin Winkler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 12:10:00 PM »
I agree that it is to the sellers benefit to post a pic of what they are selling. I have passed over many ads of those that won't post pics.
As far as it being hard to post pics here on Trad Gang? I am not very good with a computer and even dumb old me figured it out.....so I don't really understand the comments about it being hard to post pics?
PBS Associate, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Life Member, WI Traditional Archers
Life Member, WI Bowhunters Association

Offline Jeff Strubberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 12:11:00 PM »
Doing a direct upload would require a LOT more storage on the TradGang servers.  Sicne it's not a commercial site, I really doubt you're going to see that.

Loading to Photobucket is pretty straightforward.  Yeah, it's an extra step but it keep hosting costs down here and helps keep TradGang running.
"Teach him horsemanship and archery, and teach him to despise all lies"          -Herodotus

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 12:16:00 PM »
Another benefit of uploading to a photo host first is you know have a backup of your photos.

Also for what its worth skip the photobucket and use  www.imgur.com

So much easier and faster. Photobucket has too many issues for me.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 12:18:00 PM »
Finally someone said it. I agree 100% with what TJ said about paying more for bows and getting more for them when there are some really nice pictures.

I don't even have a digital camera at the moment but i take all my items for sale to a friend of mine who has expensive camera equipment and let him help me.

I will be getting another camera before next fall, i dropped my other one in a creek.  :knothead:

Joe Van
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, 12:19:00 PM »
I have bought many a bow sight unseen from the classifieds here, just on the sellers word. And many have bought from me the same way. There has never been a problem, a photo is nice but not necessary. I can take someones word! And all the the folks I have dealt with have been excellent!   :notworthy:    :notworthy:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©