3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Why no pictures  (Read 657 times)

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Why no pictures
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2012, 12:22:00 PM »
Right on Jeff. I regularly visit about 6 sites/day and sometimes up to 12 not all archery related and all but ONE requires posting from a photo hosting site.

If you are selling a new Black Widow for $200 you probably don't need to post a picture, otherwise it's poor marketing.

Is it more difficult to upload pictures to Photobucket once, post once or send emails with pictures to a 20 people?
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2012, 01:13:00 PM »
Guess I really kicked a hornet's nest that time. Charlie, I wasn't trying to jump down anyone's throat for not posting pictures. That's certainly their option.

As reddogge said, if you are selling a new or nearly new factory bow at a bargain, or even just a fair price, pictures are probably not necessary. If a TradGanger says the bow is in nearly new condition, or has only a small scratch on the riser, I believe him and would be shocked and upset if that turned out not to be the case. If I was in the market for that particular bow, I'd probably buy it.

I was just stating that triggering a buy that might not have occurred otherwise, will usually require some kind of stimulus - an OMG is that beautiful! - type stimulus.

"To each his own" said the old lady as she kissed the cow".
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2012, 01:30:00 PM »
It's not all about being a benefit for the potential buyer to see a picture.  It's a lot easier for the seller not having to send out multiple pictures for everyone inquiring. Like reddogge said, it's easier to take the extra time once, and dowload/post a few good quality pics rather than sending out 20-30 sperately via email. But to each his own.
And if you do go to the trouble of posting a picture via Photobucket, why not make it a good one. A blurry pic of the front of the riser and nothing else isn't very helpfull.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline wc kid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2012, 01:41:00 PM »
Im sorry to get so defensive about the issue. I was frustrated about the whole picture thing. I tried to do the whole photobucket thing the other night and failed miserably. So I guess I owe an apology to you all. What im trying to say is if you are new to all of this stuff it aint as easy as some people make it out to be. I bet alot of people here had to have someone else walk them through it to get it done. But why is it so hard for someone to follow the directions in an add. There are probably numerous reasons, heck some people just want to complain because there is nothing else to do. I know the adds with pictures get more replies. Alot of those replies are folks stating they wish they could buy it. It takes time for some of us, the ones that wantjto learn will get it. Im one of the guys that wants to learn and I will. This is the sort of thing that makes me get off my duff and learn. Thanks for the jumpstart.

Offline TRB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2012, 01:47:00 PM »
Obviously, none of you have an old computer & dial up.

Offline Altiman94

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2012, 01:49:00 PM »
I don't think the process is that difficult....But, personally prefer to post pictures of what I'm selling.  If you don't...guaranteed someone will ask for pictures anyways.
>>>--------->

Offline wc kid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2012, 02:07:00 PM »
It might not be that hard after the first time. The first time is always the hardest. Did we all ride a bike the first time we tried. I bet not. There are other ways to get pics than to post with the add. I guarantee there are alot of people that have missed some really good deals on this site because they dismissed an add because the picture wasnt smack dab in front of them right then and there. People dont take the time to look at other options. People that hunt and fish should have more patience.

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2012, 02:16:00 PM »
wckid, sent you a PM with some help hopefully.
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2012, 02:26:00 PM »
wc kidd, I went through the same thing when I got my cell phone and had to have a couple of kids show me how to do anything other than make a call. At my age, I have no pride left, so it doesn't bother me   :)
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28

Offline David Yukon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2012, 02:33:00 PM »
posting picture is pretty simple... even for me!

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2012, 02:38:00 PM »
I can tell you this,it is easier and usually less time consuming to figure out and set up a Photobucket account than it is to email the same pictures of the same bow to a dozen or more "prospective" buyers,most of which have no intention of buying but just like pictures.

Once set up,the next one is simple.Email pictures to 20 people or post them one time for everyone reading the ad to see?Once set up on such an account you can also participate in other photo threads or post pictures that could help explain something to others.One picture is worth a thousand words.

For anyone REALLY wanting to learn how to post pictures,there are a ton of resources and people willing to help you.

Posting pictures can be used to help explain procedures or equipment to newbies and others so is a useful tool beyond selling in the classifieds-if you are one of those who likes to share and help others.

Offline wc kid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2012, 03:03:00 PM »
Thanks for the help reddogge, I will make the most of it. Ive only had a computer for about 2 months and still have the training wheels on. I will be on a big bike soon. Thanks and have a good day.

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2012, 03:06:00 PM »
There are some great tutorials on other forums for anyone that's truly interested in learning to post pics. I agree that it's kind of a pain, but once you get it down it can be pretty fun actually...

"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2012, 03:44:00 PM »
Those are good pictures wooddamon1. I like the muted colors with that splash of red in the picture.
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2012, 04:31:00 PM »
Speaking of "splashes of red" was that hunt successful?
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2012, 04:43:00 PM »
I too like to see some pics and I know those who buy from me like to see them too. If you can't post a pic well you can't, just have to work around it. I'm sure it would make for  interesting research, same bow: how long for sale with pic and without pic. Don't know...but I'd put my money on the bow with a pic or two.

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2012, 04:50:00 PM »
Thanks fellas, my girl was out here in CO visiting and snapped a few pics.

Unfortunately the hunt was unsuccessful as far as making meat goes, but I did almost get a shot at a cow elk that morning...talk about a rush!
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2012, 04:51:00 PM »
I know there have been a few bows I really wanted but wanted to see pics before pulling the trigger.....well by the time I PM'd for pics, the seller got the PM, he had to wait till he got home from work that night to send them, then I finally got the pics that night( or in some cases a day or two later)...I had talked myself out of the bow.

In some cases if the pics were there to begin with, I would have made the purchase right then and there!

And as Tom said, GOOD pics are worth it...sometimes I have to still ask for better pics as the ones posted don't show the bow very well.
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2012, 05:45:00 PM »
Originally posted by Over&Under:
I know there have been a few bows I really wanted but wanted to see pics before pulling the trigger.....well by the time I PM'd for pics, the seller got the PM, he had to wait till he got home from work that night to send them, then I finally got the pics that night( or in some cases a day or two later)...I had talked myself out of the bow.

In some cases if the pics were there to begin with, I would have made the purchase right then and there!

And as Tom said, GOOD pics are worth it...sometimes I have to still ask for better pics as the ones posted don't show the bow very well.
What Jake meant to say is "THANK YOU" for saving him 4-700 bucks. His wife says thanks too.    :readit:  

No prob Jake, don't mention it.   ;)
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline habujohn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2012, 07:44:00 PM »
Interesting thread.  I just posted a bow for sale and did it without pictures.  I have since went back and added a few for those that like to see the pictures.
John
habujohn

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©