3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Can anyone give a review of Samick bows  (Read 259 times)

Offline CaliCreole

• Trad Bowhunter
Can anyone give a review of Samick bows
« on: January 03, 2012, 12:35:00 PM »
been looking at getting a take down recurve, money is an issue so i have been looking at the samick bows from ********* archery. can anyone provide a review of the following bows?
Red stag
Sage
Deer master
Bear State Archers
Riverside archers
Martin Bushmaster 55#

Offline don_h

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Can anyone give a review of Samick bows
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 12:46:00 PM »
I have a red stag, first bow I purchased. Nice little bow you don't have to worry about too much, well worth the money. IMO.

Offline bogeyrider63

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 01:06:00 PM »
interested also, looking at picking up a sage in a lighter draw weight for practicing. keep the shoulder and elbow in shape year round.

Online jrstegner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 01:11:00 PM »
Look in the Product Reviews. There is review on the Sage there. I have 2 Sages I bought for my wife. She shoots them more than her custom bows.

Offline CaliCreole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 01:54:00 PM »
read the reviews, im sold Hopefully i will be ordering one next week, i'll let you guys know what i think
Bear State Archers
Riverside archers
Martin Bushmaster 55#

Offline $bowhunter$

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 02:19:00 PM »
i have a stag. i love it better than alot of custom bows ive shot
"SHOOT STRAIT" - something im still working twards

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 02:32:00 PM »
I've never seen one, however they are making the ******** ILF limbs which are well-thought-of so ther must be doing something right......

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 03:10:00 PM »
We sell them and they find favor with many.  Inspect carefully for flaws in the riser and limbs as we had 2 that had flaws.  The owner of the shop is a trad guy and caught the flaws before they were sold.
I have shot them in the shop range and they are stable shooters
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline rod251

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 03:26:00 PM »
I have a Red Stag one-piece 45lb and a Sage 40lb.  Both are good shooters.  Well worth the money spent and then some.  I've gotten several compliments on the looks of the Red Stag, but the Sage lacks a little bit in the fit and finish department.  But it's such a sweet shooter that I don't mind.  And if I ding it up a little it won't break my heart.  If you don't have the budget for a custom bow right now I don't think you can go wrong with a Samick.

Offline Sherm65

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 04:13:00 PM »
I have a Lightning. It is a hard hitting bow. I am very impressed with the way it shoots and how fast it is  The only two gripes I have are the finish on the riser and the bow shoots a little loud.

Offline T Lail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 04:47:00 PM »
My son in law has a 45# sage and he loves it...it shoots smooth and fast....my daughter has a 35# Sage and she loves it too...for the money, a great bow......the only thing they have done is to put flemish twist strings on them....  :archer2:
NCBA Life Member
Compton Member
Carolina Traditinal Archers
Bowhunter Education Instructor

Offline mmilinovich

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 05:05:00 PM »
Being a left-hander, I don't get to shoot a lot of other archers' bows.  My experience, therefore, is limited.  

That said, I shot 3 arrows out of a 45# Samick this past weekend.  I used the same arrows I shoot from my 47# bow (17" DAS riser with Trad Tech BF Extreme limbs) OR my 45# bow (same DAS riser with DAS wood/carbon limbs).  That arrow should be perfect.

The fella who let me shoot his Samick is a dealer who referred to it as "a $190 bow."  I don't know the model.

What a crappy bow!  (Samick makes some good stuff, I'm told, but this wasn't the good stuff.)

I've never before experienced handshock in any bow.  This Samick had enough handshock for several bows.  Amazing.

Furthermore, it was dog-slow, shooting more than 15" lower than my bow at 20 yards.

Shoot the Samick that interests you BEFORE you buy.  You won't want one like the one I shot.

Mark

Offline Lincoln Ribeiro

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 07:06:00 PM »
My first bow was a Samick Sage 35#. It's a very cheap bow, only $130, and you can choose limbs from 25# to 60#. It's not fancy, or beautiful, but it's very shootable. It was a school to me.
``Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.'' [S. Beckett]

Offline Uncle Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 07:49:00 PM »
I had a Hoyt take down recurve that was made in Korea. I was told by the shop owner that it was made by Samick. It was a real good shooter. I used and heavily abused it for a couple of decades until it delaminated where I gouged the limb on a rock.

Offline Shifting Shadow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 05:30:00 AM »
My Samick Red Stag take-down shot great for me!
"Keep the bow you like or you will be looking forever." -H.J.

One bow. One arrow. My ideal.

Offline americanhunter7

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 06:00:00 AM »
I have a Samick Sage that is strictly set up for bowfishing. I like the option of being able to purchase additional limbs for fairly cheap, and haven't had problems from the ones I have. Very reasonable bow for the price.
John         :campfire:        

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline CaliCreole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 02:14:00 PM »
thanks everyone, I decided on the sage, it should arrive on Thursday.
Bear State Archers
Riverside archers
Martin Bushmaster 55#

Offline Hummer3T

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 02:38:00 PM »
I have a Sage - Great bow for the price. Change the string to a fast fight ($18 dollar addition). I have shot one as a second bow for several year now.  My Dad, brother and two friends have the same bow. Shoot good, feels good in the hand.
Life is about learning from your mistakes!

Chek-mate hunter I 62" riser with 60" limbs 49&42lbs@28

Samick Sage 62" 50lbs@28

Big Jim Mountain Monarch Recurve  60 inch / 50 lbs @ 28

Offline CaliCreole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 04:59:00 PM »
i did order the fast flight with it I also got the cat whiskers and the silencers to between the limbs, I want to use this for shooting 3d and as my backup hunting bow i like that it was not expensive and is a take down that i can throw in my luggage when traveling. I had a scary thought sitting in my tree stand this year, if i drop my bow my hunt is over and its damaged my hunt is over. the more i thought about it the more it made since to get a backup, i played baseball for years and never carried just one bat.
Bear State Archers
Riverside archers
Martin Bushmaster 55#

Offline NormanDale33

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 05:22:00 PM »
I have enjoyed my sage and for the money it shoots great. I had one set of limbs blow at full draw, but the fiberglass held it together. I had an arrow flaa off the string at trelease that I am sure caused it.

Maybe look at getting bow hush/hush puppies for it as it can shoot pretty loud.
Show me your ways, LORD,teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me,for you are God my Savior,and my hope is in you all day long.

Psalms 25:4-5

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©